Return to Mexico 2012

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by dwj - Donnie, Jun 24, 2012.

1. dwj - Donnie

dwj - Donnie Long timer

Oddometer:
    North Carrollton, MS - Traveling on the Moto

Thanks Greg! I am just doing the best I can. The same that you would be doing if you were in a similar situation! :deal
  2. MikeMike

MikeMike Long timer

Oddometer:
    Donnie, are you coming through on your way down or up?
    I'll be around.:freaky

Wonderful news about your daughter!
  3. dwj - Donnie

dwj - Donnie Long timer

Oddometer:

Maybe on the way back up, but I will be making tracks as I head south! I just hope that I don't bend a wheel! Wail, my wheel is already bent from the trip back to Dallas last time. hahahahah I very much want to ride with you again! I had a wonderful time on the rides we took last time I was there and I know JD and Mysteryman did as well!
  4. dwj - Donnie

dwj - Donnie Long timer

Oddometer:
    Getting packed up this morning! :D Still have some clothes to wash and to say bye to Tracy and Madison! I am glad to be on the road again traveling, but more importantly, I am grateful to God that Tracy has reached the point that she does not need daily assistance. For the most part, my presence here this week has been more about keeping her company than anything. I did drive them to a couple of doctor appointments, but Tracy could have schedules around that had I not been available. I will be praying everyday that Tracy has improved significantly by the time I return to Dallas in late November. :deal
  5. nwkshusker

nwkshusker Adventurer

Oddometer:
    So glad things are looking up for Tracy, you have had a lot of people praying and it is working!!! Have a great trip Donnie, you deserve it!!
  6. dwj - Donnie

dwj - Donnie Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hi!

I am in Cerra Azul, about 100 miles south of Tampico, MX. I rode a little over 600 miles today, plus had to do my Paper Work when I crossed the border at Laredo. I had ridden to Laredo from Dallas yesterday. No problems so far! Having ridden well over 30,000 miles in Mexico, I finally saw my first deer today! :eek1 Actually it was two of them. I will be headed on south tomorrow.

Donnie

7. NAVIGATOR

NAVIGATOR Wanderer

Oddometer:
    SOUTH OF THE USA BORDER(friendlier Mexico)
    Good trip and keep the rubber side down:clap
  8. MikeMike

MikeMike Long timer

Oddometer:
    Donnie,
    What is your route southbound mañana?
    I might be up around that way, I hope to see Andres and Arte
    in La Esperanza, tried today but she was pissing down rain!
    Had to turn back. Hope it clears tomorrow.
  9. SkizzMan

SkizzMan aka SkiddMark ;^)

Oddometer:
    Yup! Look forward to next time.
  10. dwj - Donnie

dwj - Donnie Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks! :D

Hi Mike! I just now saw this and am already in the Esuintla area. I passed some the things that we rode on our ride, but was actually just following the routing of the GPS. :huh

Si, mi amigo! :D
  11. dwj - Donnie

dwj - Donnie Long timer

Oddometer:
    I am Escuintla, MX with friends. I will be here about a week before doing some traveling. Then mid-November, I will be in Lazaro Cardenas with Hector and family. I have not been able to call the US in a couple of days, maybe it will work before long!<H5 class="uiStreamMessage userContentWrapper" data-ft='{"type":1,"tn":"K"}'>

</H5>
  12. dwj - Donnie

dwj - Donnie Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hi! :D I am still alive down here in Escuintla, MX. I am only able to call people that are on AT&T service for some reason. :huh I have not talked directly with Tracy, but my cousin Billy Smith who has AT&T has and he told me all was good! :clap I will be going into the mountains today and stay on a ranch with very limited services, so it may be a while before I am back on here. I continue to meet new people and make new friends! :D Bye!

<FORM id=uxi5uio3 class="live_4260169541268_316526391751760 commentable_item collapsed_comments autoexpand_mode" method=post action=/ajax/ufi/modify.php rel="async" data-live='{"seq":0}'>

</FORM>
  13. dwj - Donnie

dwj - Donnie Long timer

Oddometer:
    I will be leaving from Esuintla, MX tomorrow and going to Mexico City. I will arrive Sunday morning and want to stay in the Historic El Centro. Any recommendations on good cheap hotels with secure parking for my moto. Plus any advise on things to see? I will be there about a week. Thanks!

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
  14. MikeMike

MikeMike Long timer

Oddometer:
    Donnie, give Garry Dymond a shout in Mexico City.
    He's active on the HUBB forum.
  15. dwj - Donnie

dwj - Donnie Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey Don!

Your tire now lives in Escuintla. MX. It still has a little life left in it, I put over 3,500 miles on it. I left it at a tire repair shop, so I am sure it will get more use. :D Thanks again! :clap
  16. dwj - Donnie

dwj - Donnie Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have not updated on Tracy in a while, mainly due to the fact that I have very little connection down here, but I have been able to talk with her once in the past 10 days. :D I am very happy to report that her vision continues to improve. :clap She can see Madison's face at 10 or 12 feet now. She is also seeing some color in her face now. In general she is seeing everything better! :clap She told me that it is more apparent when she goes outside of the house, as she has become so accustomed to things inside the house that changes don't necessarily register as strongly. Madison has changed a lot in the two weeks that I have been gone. She is crawling around and getting into trouble now, plus she is pulling up on things and standing up now. Hopefully Tracy's eye sight will continue to improve to keep up with Madison's increasing mobility. Madison no longer needs the Halo that she had been wearing. :clap PLEASE KEEP PRAYING!!!
  17. EmilianoXR650L

EmilianoXR650L Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    ..... God news !!!!!!! :clap
  18. dwj - Donnie

dwj - Donnie Long timer

Oddometer:
    Here is a few piuctures from the current trip. I took very few of the pictures, they were taken by various people.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  19. dwj - Donnie

dwj - Donnie Long timer

Oddometer:
  20. dwj - Donnie

dwj - Donnie Long timer

Oddometer: