1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Rever Question

Discussion in 'GPS 101 - Which GPS For Me' started by River-Runner, Oct 17, 2019.

1. River-Runner

River-Runner Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Garmin user but Rever sounds interesting.

Can I download say a whole state of two of offline maps with Rever?

Does Rever have a PC website to build tracks on a big screen?

Can one import Garmin tracks to Rever and export Rever tracks to Garmin?

How are the Butler maps tied into Rever? Do they then cost extra?
  2. ohgood

ohgood Just givver tha berries !!!

Oddometer:
  3. River-Runner

Oddometer:
    ARG!
  4. BjornFromRever

BjornFromRever Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hello,

This is Bjorn from REVER. In order to download a state, you will have to do it in various chunks, but you can download the whole state.

You can use our website to build rides: https://a.rever.co/rides/new
    It is much easier to use than Garmin Basecamp and you can import and export GPX tracks to Garmin and other GPS devices. For this, you will need to be PRO.

Butler Maps are integrated into our online planner and our phone app, these are a PRO feature.
    We have a 50% sale running for this week only if you want to upgrade and try!
    If you have any questions, please reach out to us at support@rever.co
  5. River-Runner

Oddometer:
    Bjorn -

Where is the online user manual for Rever?

Can I build a set of tracks for a multi-day ride in Rever? Say a track for each day? Can tracks be built that will not re-route if I take a side trip?

I keep gettting an error message - upload fail when I try to import the Idaho BDR GPX file into Rever? Is there limits on size or complexity of a gpx import into Rever?
  6. BjornFromRever

Oddometer:
    Hello,

Great questions! We have several online tutorials on our Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCX1oQN90D72mfpMyVIkosxw?view_as=subscriber

You can build individual tracks for each day, this will work the best. If you would like to keep it as one ride, you can leave the ride running overnight, go to the RIDES tab and relaunch the ride if it is not up. If you are using turn by turn, it will reroute to your next waypoint.

We have all the BDRs in our app and planner already, so you are welcome to use those!
    Traxx likes this.
  7. utefan

utefan Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Bjorn you mentioned the Rever app has the BDR's in it. Do you have to have Pro to access them. When I click on the BDR link it doesn't open or do anything?
  8. ZiggyInNc

ZiggyInNc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Since the last iPhone update a few weeks ago Rever has been basically useless for me except for recording rides. When I bringg up the app it lets me record but pretty much any other action doesn’t work and it seems I cant view past rides either. Pretty disappointed after paying for a yearly subscription a few months ago. Occasion l’y it seems that I can uses a function but the majority of the time the app is totally unresponsive for anything other than using the record button or saving when I finish the ride.
  9. EmmEff

EmmEff Long timer

Oddometer:
    I can see them in my non-PRO Rever... it appears it'll let me navigate them as well. It doesn't "open" anything, it displays them on the map. I had to scroll around to find the closest BDR routes to me.

I just downloaded Rever this weekend and so far I like it. Definitely tempted to subscribe for a month to see what it's like.
  10. Zubb

Zubb he went that-a-way... Supporter

Oddometer:
    Friday I planned a 125 mile ride of supertwistie roads. Took about 10 minutes on my Mac. Got up Saturday morning and opened my iPhone app and there it was. Hit the ‘ride it’ button and was able to follow the blue line perfectly through every odd turn of the tortured route I created. Loved it. Best planning riding tool I’ve found yet. Easy and logical.
    EmmEff likes this.
  11. Zubb

Zubb he went that-a-way... Supporter

Oddometer:
    FYI I have the Pro version. Worth every penny so far. I will use it on the WABDR in July and use it regularly on Butler Gold orange and yellow roads, lost highways, etc. roads. Love having all that right on the map that I can plan with.
    I will start playing with it soon to export gpx files to my NavV. I’d rather watch the garmin than my phone. Easier for my eyes and line of sight. Rever has some great videos on you tube that are simple and straightforward. It is everything I hoped Basecamp would be. I loathe basecamp after wasting weeks of my life trying to learn how to make it do what I wanted.
  12. BjornFromRever

Oddometer:
    Hey Ziggy, Not sure what is holding up the app on your device, go ahead and uninstall and reinstall to see if this resolves it. If you have questions, please message us at support@rever.co
  13. ZiggyInNc

ZiggyInNc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ok that seems to fix it but this is the 3rd or 4th time I’ve been given that resolution. I had to do it on a previous version too. I guess I’ll just try doing that from now on whenever I have a problem. On a positive note i haven’t been seeing it die or hang in the middle of recording a ride like I had in earlier versions. Thanks
  14. BjornFromRever

Oddometer:
    Thanks for giving that a shot and glad it seems to be working better. This new release has been a huge overhaul for our small team and are working out any bugs we can find. For the delete and reinstall, sometimes there is data cached in the background from use that can slow down the app so it is a nice refresh with the uninstall, if that makes sense!
  15. flamingm0e

flamingm0e Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have tried Rever out in the past. Wasn't thrilled with it to be honest. I like how the new version looks, but one thing that made me dislike it from my previous experiences was that it would not allow me to 'finish/save' a ride unless I was connected to data. On a trip to New Mexico, I found myself at the end of the day without cell service (it was glorious), but Rever wouldn't let me finish the ride, and stayed running all night long until I got to cell service the next day. Can we "finish" a ride while offline?
  16. BjornFromRever

Oddometer:
    Yes! If you save a ride while offline, it will just not upload until you are back in service or on wifi!
    flamingm0e likes this.
  17. flamingm0e

flamingm0e Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks. Maybe I will give it another go on my next trip for recording/sharing.