1. ADVRIDER Print Magazine!
    We're doing two more print magazines this year. July & November. 144 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase both for $35.
    Dismiss Notice

Rev'It! Doubles Down on #95

Discussion in 'Dakar champion (950/990)' started by sakurama, Nov 30, 2014.

1. Katoom119

Katoom119 Mmmm....Orange Kool-aid

Oddometer:
    :lurk
  2. DRjoe

DRjoe Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well done Gregor.
    I'm sure what ever you fellas do it'll come out awesome.
  3. sakurama

sakurama on an endless build

Oddometer:
    Holy cow guys! Thanks for the replies!

#95 confused me as well when Revit decided that they wanted the project named that. The reasoning was brilliant though; it's when they were founded - 1995. The bike is considered a mile marker project for the company. They're redoubling their attention and dedication to the adventure market and the new collection. The bike will be the flagship.

To me this is an exciting project to be part of because I think many times you might have ideas but don't have the chance to act on them. You know, like that time I thought I should buy Apple stock at $11 a share but friends talked me out of it. Ha ha... cry. Well, we've all seen the bike world go from the adoration of cruisers to the custom cafe racer craze but we know that the best bikes in the world are adventure bikes. Outside of bolting on accessories this is a place the custom world has ignored. Maybe it won't be long before Orange County is building an adventure bike (shudder the thought) but right now we have the chance to do something no has done. That's cool.

My AWD bike is an exercise in function but not really in form. This bike will be both.

Here's the link to their blog. REV'IT!#95

For sure check it out and know that they're reading this as well. Brents347 - I think that's a great idea and I'll for sure make the suggestion. MiseryGoat and Nowwhat - don't be so sure. I'm pushing for the chance to shoot somewhere epic but of course the budget for the bike and the shoot are from the same place. Too much bike innovation might mean we are doing an epic adventure shoot... in New Jersey! Um, no offense to NJ but I'm hoping we can find a something more exciting.

But we're getting ahead of ourselves. I want to catch you up to real time here.

[​IMG]

I visited Chris in NJ to check out the bike. It's clean. Cleaner than clean. The first step is to strip the bike down and take some photos of the bare bones of the bike. From these photos we begin to imagine and design the body and the interface of the bike.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

See what I mean? Clean.

That's my friend, studio partner and all around amazing photographer Tommy Liggett helping me shoot the bike. He's going to help shoot throughout the project.

[​IMG]

Given the history of Chris and I you might have some ideas of the direction of the project. Okay, more later.
  4. superpimp

superpimp Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey guys,

Does anyone know what kind of back fender is on this super enduro.
    I would love to do the same thing on mine.
    Thanks for any info on helpiong me out.
    dan
  5. juames

juames Have Fun, Don't Die!

Oddometer:
  6. DesertSurfer

DesertSurfer Tail sprayin

Oddometer:
    I'm thinking you're saving for a reveal here... So I don't want to throw out a spoiler!

Regarding travel locations... Contininental US has many hidden gems... Much still under the radar and can be considered exotic destinations to anyone in the world.

Places like Utah ( Moab), Nevada (Grand Canyon and TAT), Southern California ( many unique deserts, redwood forests and coastal ridge lines with spectacular island laden views), Oregon ( beautiful coastal dunes that are mini Dakaresque, east is very lunar desolate like Atacama), Washington ( Olympic rainforest), Colorado ( Euroesque rugged mountain ranges with quintessential adventure terrain), Baja California ( beautiful desolate landscapes, rugged terrain, pristine coastlines, hidden bays... And spectacular lighting).

And not to mention the numerous other spectacular national park backdrops near off-road adventure routes like Crater Laker Oregon, Death Valley California, Yellowstone Wyoming, Monument Valley Arizona to name a few.

I guess a "recommendations for your location shoot" could be a whole other thread.
  7. armourbl

armourbl Adventure Life

Oddometer:
    Just have to subscribe. This should be very interesting.

ben
  8. jerdog53

jerdog53 Crop Dusting Everywhere

Oddometer:
  9. Deadly99

Deadly99 Fast and Far

Oddometer:

Have fun :thumb
  10. bigtodd

bigtodd Hi, wanna ride?

Oddometer:
    In!

Death Valley or Baja are both epic Adventure Riding spots ... and easy for me to tag along with your shoot and riding :evil
  11. Afry

Afry Why hike?

Oddometer:
  12. Nowwhat

Nowwhat I'll Go Second... Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Well...hell....if you come to SoCal...shoot the Mojave, Death Valley etc...

we can get a dozen or so LC8s together for your background shots....:freaky

Not Bigtodd though...he would take up the entire picture...:lol3
  13. Rharr

Rharr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Looks like an awesome project! Tuned in...
  14. traveltoad

traveltoad Aaron S

Oddometer:
    I might even break out the SE for such an event... :evil
  15. VTvfr

VTvfr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    An AWD SE... count me in!!!
  16. Grayjet

Grayjet Ride on!

Oddometer:
    There is no better thread than a Sakurama thread!

Really looking forward to following the build, Gregor. Thanks for taking us along.

Cheers,
    Lance
  17. wiseblood

wiseblood Cognitive Dissonance Agent Provocateur Supporter

Oddometer:
  18. ABuck99

ABuck99 0.0

Oddometer:
    There's really nothing cooler than this-(other than maybe Meoni's original Dakar bike)

Great photos. Subscribed!

19. Pete640

Pete640 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Always love a good story and like all good airport books the intro has me interested enough to pay for the book
    I have no idea where your heading with this but if the final chapter is something like kens (powercell) product then it'll be worth it

Maybe the FCRs will materialise with chokes :dunno
  20. RumRunner

RumRunner Sit there, turn that

Oddometer:
    I would soooo much like to know what that weighs, there are so many threads on ADV of riders looking for the mystical 400lb 100hp twin.