REV'IT! Gear for ADV Riders

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Motodisiac, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Terence FFM

Terence FFM prof. cat-herder

Oddometer:
    Just in case anyone cares, I noticed that Rev'IT! has updated their website. A new jacket that is interesting for those looking for an off-road jacket along the lines of the a Klim Badlands (maybe not so hard core) called the Poseidon GTX has shown up. GoreTex 2L Pro, good venting, a colour other than black 40% less than a Badlands Pro (in the EU at least).

If you like me believe a waterproof layer belongs on the outside next to the water and not between your skin and a soggy, cold outer layer of fabric, then this jacket may be worth a look.

Where I live, it makes the most sense to me to wear a pro-shell style garment; if you live somewhere where this is not the case, please don't write a rant that only a removeable liners makes sense and anyone looking for a pro-shell must be a complete idiot and should be beaten, then shot, lit on fire, etc.

The bad news is a vendors website I came across when I tried to find out the MSRP (about 700 Euro) stated the jacket will be available in late October.
  2. Jerry_R

Jerry_R Adventurer

Oddometer:
    What you think of using long REV'IT coat jackets:

REV'IT MANHATTAN
    http://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.sf...bProducts/Revit-Manhattan-Textile-Jacket-0001
    http://www.revit.eu/it/manhattan/#/manhattan

REV'IT AVENUE
    http://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/10207048/Products/Revit-Avenue-Gore-Tex-Textile-Jacket/SubProducts/Revit-Avenue-Gore-Tex-Textile-Jacket-0001
    http://www.revit.eu/en/#/products/FJT145

What I am worrying about - is: when you fall down, the jacket can easily leave your back or front - open - as it is loose in bottom part.
    Also - elbow protectors seem to be loose, when you do not use liner - no velcro on sleeves.

What you think?
  3. Motodisiac

Motodisiac Moto Terrorist

Oddometer:
    Where are you located? If you are in good old USA, you have zero chance of getting these models here so you have nothing to worry about.

To answer your question in general, every jacket presents some kind of compromise. Urban looking jackets are more fashinable but offer less protection. Racing jackets are more protective but look a little outrageous in the city. It's up to you to decide what style you are gong to use, there is no one garment that does everything to the max.

On another note we just received some long anticipted Rev'it! jeans :clap

[​IMG]

4. Jerry_R

Jerry_R Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thx, I live in Poland, EU.

Cheers,
    Jerry
  5. spacemanvt

spacemanvt Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I just received my sand 2 jacket... was wondering if its normal to feel some air coming through the front two chest vents even when they are zipped up? I feel some airflow coming in at the top of the zips....
  6. Motodisiac

Oddometer:
    Normally people complain about the lack of airflow :) I guess just a little bit of air through the zipper is normal, if you have waterproof / wind breaking liner installed this should not be an issue. Did you notice that the main zipper has a retractable gator just for this reason?

Dennis

7. Motodisiac

Oddometer:
    By the way I'm glad this thread is back on top. After almost 3 years in new location I could say that almost everything is where I want it to be :clap

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  8. spacemanvt

spacemanvt Adventurer

Oddometer:
    yes even with both liners i feel some air coming in through chest vent area... not tons but defintely some.. it is making me cold in this winter weather.... and i have never heard this from another sand 2 owner... perhaps its somehow defective? :huh
  9. spacemanvt

spacemanvt Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Cool shop photos though ☺

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
  10. Motodisiac

Oddometer:
    Perhaps it's too cold? :) The outer shell is not designed to be windproof, it just holds everything together and provides abrasion resistance.

D.

11. Jaimoto

Jaimoto Spaniard in Chile

Oddometer:
    Very nice shop Dennis :thumb

A happy customer from Chile
  12. BruceWA

BruceWA Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Didn't see the Poseidon gear on your website?????
  13. Motodisiac

Oddometer:
    Poseidon is in stock at the store but not on the web yet.
  14. Dantegod

Dantegod Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I heard REV'IT is done in the USA and being liquidated.. Is this true? Great Gear to bad if it is not available anymore.
  15. Motodisiac

Oddometer:
    It would be strange if company with enormous growth over the past couple of years would do that. Totally untrue.

D.

16. BruceWA

BruceWA Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Excellent news!!!!:clap:clap:clap
  17. kbroderick

kbroderick Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm currently looking to replace a pair of slightly thrashed Cayenne Pro pants (been down a couple times on pavement and countless times off road, and one of the vertical knee seams has failed, along with having some tears in the bottom of the leg, to the point where the gear-repair guy I talked with said "not worth it.").

I like the airflow with the zippers open, and in all but the hottest weather I'd generally choose the Cayenne Pros over the Turbines (which I also own) due to the grip pads inside the knee and generally beefier feeling. A lot of my recreational motorcycling time is on class-four Vermont roads that many might call off-loading and where a 450 might be a tad more appropriate than my 1150, but I also spend a lot of time using the bike as transportation during the non-winter months.

I'm a little disappointed at the lack of SuperFabric on any of the current offerings, as in my experience it seemed to work well, but I'm mostly trying to decide between the Sand 2 and the Defender GTX. I'm as likely as not to throw rain gear on over the top of my gear if it's actually going to be wet out, so the improved waterproofing of the Defender isn't all that helpful (particularly as I'm planning to continue wearing my Cayenne Pro jacket, which is less thrashed than the pants).

What would you suggest as far as deciding between the Sand 2 and the Defender? Or is there another option that I'm overlooking?
  18. tc339

tc339 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Is anyone else besides me kind of disappointed with the Sand 2??

I like a lot of things about it. It's comfortable, warm, great airflow, and a good amount of features. but have some major issues with it.

I've had it for a little while now but probably after ~30 times wearing it the Velcro on the outer pockets and the cuffs are completely failing. They don't stick together at all anymore.

Also, I know its not Gore-tex or anything, but the waterproofing is awful. I have heard a lot of good things about this jacket, but after 30 minutes in a light/moderate rain, I was drenched. I know no jacket is totally waterproof. But my $200 firstgear jacket is 10 times more water resistant than this thing. Also, some of the seems on the arms where the stitching is, is starting to fray

I still like the jacket overall, but I expected much higher quality out of a $500 jacket.
  19. rc51owner

rc51owner Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Did you have the water proof liner in? The jacket by itself isn't water proof.

Cheers,

M
  20. tc339

tc339 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yes I did. I am aware that the jacket itself is not waterproof and it is the liner. I had the waterproof and thermal liners in.

It kept be dry for maybe 20 minutes. After that, I wasn't just damp, I could feel water dripping down my arms.