REV'IT! Gear for ADV Riders

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Motodisiac, Aug 6, 2008.

1. bross

bross Where we riding to? Supporter

Oddometer:
    Kinda like trying to compare bike weights, although it seems most manufacturers are getting a bit better at publishing semi reasonable ready to ride weights. Bought a Sand jacket three years ago, it's the only jacket I wear now, it's held up very well and completely happy with it. It's a textile jacket, I know if I crash it's going to be destroyed, but that's the point, it''l take the hit and hopefully allow me to walk away relatively unscathed. If you're THAT concerned about abrasion why are you even looking at textiles? For abrasion you know there is no replacement for leather, so just buy a leather jacket and go ride.
  2. bross

bross Where we riding to? Supporter

Oddometer:
    You made it perfectly clear that the best abrasion protection was a very important aspect of whatever you bought, so don't you think that RevIt's more expensive gear would have the best material? I have no affiliation with Motodisiac nor RevIt, other than being a satisfied customer and those would have been my recommendations as well, based on your stated criteria.

I'd say basing a choice solely on the material used would not be the wisest either. Material is only one consideration, how the seams are sewn, how many pieces, thread used and on and on.

My wife and I have had good luck with BMW gear, definitely on the higher end of the price scale but lasts really well. My wife's favorite jacket and pants are BMW and are now over 7 years old and still holding up well. When we first got into bikes, riding cruisers, we both bought cheap chaps to wear. I got tired of sewing the zippers back onto the chaps after the second season and we both went out and bought Harley chaps for much more money. We don't wear them anymore but we both got over 5 years of daily use out of them and they were still in good shape. Buying cheap gear is a loss leader, you end up paying more in the long run than spending the money on good gear and getting years of service out of it.

Good luck on your search.
  3. idclimber

idclimber Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I am looking to buy another Rev'It jacket on your website but none of the links seem to work. I have tried in Safari and Chrome web browsers.
  4. SoilSampleDave

SoilSampleDave Dr. Zaius was right!

Oddometer:
    I posted this in the "Let's talk Rev'it" thread last week, but there hasn't been a response yet. Just happened across this thread and would be happy to buy this from you if available. Thanks.
    ***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
    I bought a Rev'It Force jacket last fall, added the sastec back armor, and I really like it. My question is, can I get a thinner rain liner than the "insulated" one that came with it? It's great, but I'd like something smaller to stow in a tank bag. My G-Fu was not good enough to find an answer. TIA.
  5. Kazky

Kazky Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Any idea on actual cut for the new Rev'it Cayenne Pro? Hearsay that its on a smaller side. I have a 48" chest which translates to 3XL but i'm not sure if that will fit. Same goes for the pant sizing as well.

Thanks guys
  6. Motodisiac

Motodisiac Moto Terrorist

Oddometer:
    I was about to post the announcement. We are launching our new we site that has expanded selection of gear we actually carry, not just REV'IT!. Try www.mototude.com

7. Motodisiac

Oddometer:
    Unfortunately there is no thinner liner available. I suspect you actually have the Tornado jacket. Have you seen Klim Stowaway? Pricey but works exceptionally well.

Dennis

8. Motodisiac

Oddometer:
    It does run a tax smaller than Sand mainly because there are no liners. What is your height and weight? Jean size?

Dennis

9. Kazky

Kazky Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Im at 5'8 and on the tippy side of the scale 240 pounds.. what do you think dennis?
  10. SoilSampleDave

SoilSampleDave Dr. Zaius was right!

Oddometer:
    Yeah, I remember reading somewhere that the name had been changed from the existing Rev'it catalog for the sale to CG. I think I will try the plastic rain liner out of an old brand X mesh jacket that I no longer wear before buying anything else since there isn't an exact option. Thanks
  11. CreatureCore

CreatureCore Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The thing is Europe does have CE abrasion, tear strength, and seem strength testing. That is how we know the results for cordura, leather, and a few other forms of gear such as the clover ce jackets. Small jean companies that do not make a ton of money like bull-it and resurgence jeans can afford to get these tests. So when large companies dont do it, you can bet its because they wont pass and or they dont want to give you a number to compare it to a competitor. Only large company that i know of that releases their numbers is bmw which has their own abrasion machine to show you the results of their materials used vs others. Then you have the jackets and pants that meet CE approval that has the data available.

I dont think you can expect manufactures to ever release their numbers unless forced to from a government agency. Instead they will use terms like ballistic mesh as names for materials that wont hold up to anything. Its not a knock on rev'it, all the manufactures do it. Look at klim and their induction jacket. Super strong material is used to make the jacket. Tear strength is very high. They release those numbers but leave you in the dark on what the abrasion quality is of the material.
  12. Cberg

Cberg Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I wear the Sand 2 pants and jacket and I am always torn between putting my rain gear on top of the gear or the rain liner in the coat?? For the amount I ride in the rain compared to not, the rain days being very few and far between, I prefer a zip out liner. I found the comfort of the Sand 2 gear unbelievable and second to none..

When I bought it last season it was between this and the Klim Gore Tex gear and the comfort of the Rev-It gear compared to the Klim made the decision for me. Every ride I am so comfortable and the way the Sand fits me is awesome and the venting of the gear on a hot day riding is great, riding in temps in the 90's is very comfortable with the vents, feels like the AC is on.

Couldn't be any happier with the Sand 2 gear and whenever it does wear out I sure hope this gear is still offered as I will definitely be buying it again..
  13. Motodisiac

Oddometer:
    It won't be easy bud. The biggest issue will be the sleeve length, and with new longer CE2 elbow armor it's not going to fit great unless you tailor it .

D.

14. Motodisiac

Oddometer:
    Rev'it! rarely goes on sale, and when it does you have to capitalize. We will be running it until Wed night.

[​IMG]
    DirtWizard and docjekyll2002 like this.
  15. DirtWizard

DirtWizard Gentrified Hillbilly

Oddometer:
    Any recommendations for waterproof overpants? I wear a 36ish in vanity jean sizes. I just tried the Klim Torrent but they were no bueno for my body type of beer belly. Is there a coupon code or is the 15% off automatic? Thanks!!!
  16. Motodisiac

Oddometer:
    If you Klim didn't work, REV'IT! Will be even worse. Compared to Klim they have higher waist that just doesn't match well with beer muscle.

D.

DirtWizard likes this.
  17. Motodisiac

Oddometer:
    I noticed that some Rev'it! questions posted in "official" tread go unanswered. They must be gone riding. Please post them here and I will try to share my knowledge.
  18. Motodisiac

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

We are looking for video footage of our customers in exciting riding situations. If you send us a video you automatically enter to win Sena 20S bluetooth communicator. More details HERE
  19. Motodisiac

Oddometer:
    Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I really want to thank ADV Rider's community because without your suppose simply would not be around.

On another note we are having huge in store sale on Friday and Saturday, please stop by if you are around.

[​IMG]
  20. Motodisiac

Oddometer:
    Well, we are now in 2016, almost 8 years since I started this business, and we are doing better than ever. If you are ever on the fence about starting your own business do it! It's awesome to be in control.

Anyways, there are some new exciting products that are in. Here is my favorite for 2016. Rev'it! ZIRCON Jacket.

revit-zircon.jpg
    docjekyll2002 likes this.