RevZilla Gear Discussion / Q&A

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by BoochZilla, Jan 21, 2009.

1. flux_capacitor

flux_capacitor I know a shortcut!

Oddometer:
    Absolutely and I’m glad y’all read the post that way. It felt very nice quality, and if it fit me better I would’ve likely bought it. Have a great day. Thx!
  2. zknezo

zknezo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Pre-ordered, thanks!

Since that worked out, here’s another question: Pirelli shows a 140/80R17 Scorpion Rally STR on their site, but I don’t see it in your size list (not even listed as Out of Stock). Any idea if you guys will stock this size, and when?
  3. RevZilla

RevZilla Best on Two Wheels!

Oddometer:
    Hey zknezo,

That size is not carried by our two Pirelli distributors, so since they aren't carrying that size, we can't get it. It doesn't look like those distributors will be getting that size either anytime soon. Apologies for the inconvenience!

Best,

-DrewZilla
    2012 Triumph Tiger 800XC
    2003 Suzuki SV650S (Sold...it was a good 11 years)
    1986 Honda XR250R (Needs some love)
  4. TheOtherBart

TheOtherBart Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm looking for a boot recommendation. Easily 98% of my riding is commuting between 10 and 50 miles each way to work, all on the road. I know anything less than the big Gaernes I've been wearing will be a compromise in safety, but it's a trade-off I'm willing to consider.

I'm looking for something that would look a little more professional around the office. I'm a professor so it doesn't need to be banker fancy, but something a little more presentable than dirtbike boots. I do spend a fair amount of time on my feet teaching, so comfortable would be nice too. I'd definitely prefer something brown. And obviously something as protective as possible given the other constraints.

What would you suggest?
    slink likes this.
  5. RevZilla

Oddometer:
    Hey TheOtherBart,

As you know, the safest option is to continue wearing your beefy boots on the bike and changing to casual shoes once at work. However, if you do want riding boot/shoes with a more professional look, consider the following:
    The options range in their level of protection. All have heel, toe, and ankle protection, while some of the taller options include some shin protection. The bulkier options will better resist impacts, though they have a more rugged appearance that might not fit your office. All should be pretty comfortable for all-day wear.

Hope this helps!

Best,

-DrewZilla
    2012 Triumph Tiger 800XC
  6. TheOtherBart

TheOtherBart Long timer

Oddometer:
    Looks like a lot of good options there. Mind hazarding a guess which of those you'd pick for yourself if that represented the whole universe of motorcycle boots?
  7. RevZilla

Oddometer:
    Hey TheOtherBart,

If I didn't need waterproofing, I'd go with the TCX Metropolitan Boots. For waterproof, I'd either choose the TCX Hero WP Boots or Stylmartin Wave Boots.

-DrewZilla
    2012 Triumph Tiger 800XC
    Trip Hammer likes this.
  8. TheOtherBart

TheOtherBart Long timer

Oddometer:
    Much appreciated!
  9. Scottyluc

Scottyluc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey Drew,
    How much difference is there in technology in the 2015 Leatt GPX 5.5 V.05 helmets compared to the new versions as well as the GPX 6.5 Carbon? Obviously the carbon shell is a difference but from what I've read it isn't really that much lighter.
    Just wondering as I see the older versions are being discounted. I've seen price differences of up to $300. Are they $300 better?
  10. GordonFreeman

GordonFreeman Gamer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I’m looking at Rev’it Dirt 2 gloves for a CO BDR trip this July. 90% off road. Temps can very from hot to quite cold at high elevations and passes. Some rain is guaranteed. Three questions: is the Dirt 2 the best choice for this ride? Happy to consider other manufacturers if you know a killer choice for this ride. Second question is sizing: I wear a 2XL in Cortech and most Klim gloves - comparable sizes to thr Rev’It line? Last question - any ADVRider discount code at Revzilla? Thanks.
  11. RevZilla

Oddometer:
    Hey Scottyluc,

There really isn't a difference with the venting, in-molding technology, or anything. You're really paying extra for the carbon shell. The 5.5 is already super light, so for me personally, I'm too cheap to shell out for the 6.5.

Hope this helps!

Best,

-DrewZilla
    2012 Triumph Tiger 800XC
  12. RevZilla

Oddometer:
    Hey GordonFreeman,

I would go with the Dirt 2 Gloves or even the Sand 3 Gloves. Both provide great flexibility, protection, and ventilation. I might lean more towards the Sand 3 Gloves, because they have even more ventilation than the Dirt 2 Gloves. At the slower speeds of technical BDR riding, it makes a difference. For the cold and the rain, it's best to have a separate pair of warm waterproof gloves. For short cuff waterproof gloves, look at the Klim Vanguard GTX Gloves.

As for discounts, we don't have any specific codes for ADVrider. We prefer to offer our ZillaCash program to everyone (REV'IT! participates while Klim does not).

Hope this helps!

Best,

-DrewZilla
    2012 Triumph Tiger 800XC
  13. Luckycharms

Luckycharms Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Can you compare/contrast the Klim Apex Jacket with the new 2018 updated Klim Latitude Jacket?

It seems from watching the videos that Klim focused the new Latitude more on the touring side and I'm wondering where that leaves the Apex in the lineup.

I understand they have different venting schemes. And they use different Gore membranes.
    Apex - Gore-Tex 3 layer pro shell
    Latitude - Gore-Tex 2-Layer Performance Shell

But does this mean the Apex might be getting dropped next year by Klim?

I personally am happy that Klim is offering a more street appropriate jacket. I often find the offroad jackets/suits are way too heavy for street use while the standard street offerings are usually tailored too much towards sportbike riders.

The Rev'it Poseidon jacket that I currently wear feels very heavy in comparison to the Klim Apex jacket I just picked up off ebay, when wearing them back to back.
  14. RevZilla

Oddometer:
    Hey Luckycharms,

You're right that with the new Latitude, it is now fully in the touring category, while the Carlsbad takes over full ADV duties. As for the Apex, it hasn't been confirmed whether it will stay, go away, or have a direct replacement. When it came out, the Apex seemed to be the touring counterpart to the Badlands. Now it seems the Kodiak is the touring counterpart. It's unclear whether Klim sees room for both the hip-length Kodiak and the shorter, waist-length Apex (or a hypothetical update/replacement). Besides the Pro vs. Performance Shell, both the Apex and Latitude have a similar weight and 'hand' to the materials. The Apex has leather in the shoulders, whereas the Latitude uses 840D Cordura in the shoulders. Both jackets have leather at the elbows, and both jackets use CE Level 1 elbow and shoulder armor (though Apex has the Level 2 back protector). I will say that the collar is a bit more refined now on the latest Latitude. With the Kodiak, you get Gore Pro, Level 2 D3O throughout, and other features similar to the Badlands.

Hopefully this comparison helps!

Best,

-DrewZilla
    2012 Triumph Tiger 800XC
  15. Jeff_S2R1K

Jeff_S2R1K Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Way up in the hills among the evergreens.
    Hey Drew,

Any chance you'll get a set of Givi TN3105 crash bars for a V Strom 1000, before June 20th?

Thanks,
    Jeff
  16. Hammerdown77

Hammerdown77 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Any ETA on when you'll be getting more Shoei RF-SR helmets in white (size medium for me)? Looks like they are on backorder in a lot of places online.
  17. Sneeze Juice

Sneeze Juice Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Not that it’s needed, but I would like rave about Revzilla customer service. We often hear only people complaining about products, and businesses and rarely any praise.

I’ve been a customer for many years with them, and have always had a positive experience. I reached out over an issue with a product, and they completely went above and beyond all within a few hours of reaching out.

Revzilla is a massive company, and we all know how customer service can get when you reach that size.. They obviously have a phone number, a live chat during business hours, and email that they actually respond to. I couldn’t be more impressed with them as a reseller, and they will continue to get my business if they carry a product I’m shopping for.
    Fullboost and RevZilla like this.
  18. RevZilla

Oddometer:
    Hey Hammerdown77,

There should be more white/medium RF-SR Helmets coming into stock in about a week.

-DrewZilla
    2012 Triumph Tiger 800XC
    Hammerdown77 likes this.
  19. RevZilla

Oddometer:
    Hey Jeff,

I'm waiting to hear back about specific availability and will let you know as soon as I have an update!

-DrewZilla
    2012 Triumph Tiger 800XC
  20. RevZilla

Oddometer:
    Hey Jeff,

So the ETA from GIVI is early June. If they stick to that, that would hopefully mean before June 15. That's as accurate as can be at the moment.

-DrewZilla
    2012 Triumph Tiger 800XC