RevZilla Gear Discussion / Q&A

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by BoochZilla, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Jeff_S2R1K

Jeff_S2R1K Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Way up in the hills among the evergreens.
    Thanks!!!

2. scootertrog

scootertrog Jedi Fart Master

Oddometer:
    Looking at the new Cortech Fusion jacket. How breathable, or how well does air flow through it (without the rain liner), i.e. would it be OK for a summer jacket? All the photos that I have seen do not really zoom in close enough to see the actual weave. With a Warm&Safe heated liner, would it be OK for a cold-weather jacket?
  3. levain

levain STILL Jim Williams Supporter

Oddometer:
    Can you stick either a wolfman or enduristan bottle holster onto a Kriega os 18 and see how it fits? Preferably, strapped onto the os base? While you're at it, stick the base onto a 690 and do a video:clap:clap

I'm sure Kriega will say it won't work, but we all know what that means:lol3
  4. UPSHIFT_D

UPSHIFT_D n00b

Oddometer:
    No, never stick any non Kriega accessory onto the bag :jack.

My personal preference is the Wolfman, it can be strapped to the top two tethers of the OS-18. The longer nylon straps give you a bit more leeway when mounting. It would be mounted horizontally atop the bag, but as long as the cap is tight, any spills should be prevented.

With a bit of muscle you could also strap it to the side of the US Hook Straps(side of bag), it would be a pretty tight fit, but it can be made to work if you're ambitious enough.

The OS-Base has been mounted to the 690 without issue, but no one thought to take photos, I'll see what we can do to make them available.

FWIW we found some cool photos here(http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/ktm-690-luggage-rack-thread.365169/page-58) of the old Overlander 30 System. It mounts in the same position as the new OS-Base(the new one actually adds some more flexibility in terms of mounting) so it's the best reference we can provide for the moment.

-Jeff
  5. levain

levain STILL Jim Williams Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks. I won't tell if you won't
  6. CowboyRR

CowboyRR Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Interested in the Olympia Airglide 5 jacket but not sure about which color I will order. Is the neon yellow a fluorescent yellow/green or just a bright yellow? I ask because the pewter on the ivory/pewter looks lighter in the video than the photo.
    Thanks
  7. RevZilla

RevZilla Best on Two Wheels!

Oddometer:
    Hey scootertrog,

So the Cortech Fusion is more breathable than traditional textile jackets, but it's definitely not as breathable as a mesh jacket. I'd say that with the liner out, I'd probably be comfortable up to about 80 degrees Fahrenheit or so, perhaps a little more with low humidity. If your avatar bike is still correct, then the extra airflow from riding that Triumph should help as well. With a heated liner and perhaps a neck gaiter, you should be able to push it for cold weather use too.

Hope this helps!

-DrewZilla
    2012 Triumph Tiger 800XC
    2003 Suzuki SV650S (Sold...it was a good 11 years)
    1986 Honda XR250R (Needs some love)
    scootertrog likes this.
  8. RevZilla

Oddometer:
    Hey CowboyRR,

With the Airglide 5 Jacket, the neon yellow is a true neon yellow (chartreuse, halfway between yellow and green), so the photo is pretty accurate. However, the photo for the ivory/pewter is darker than in real life. In this case, the video is a more accurate representation for that color.

Hope that clears it up!

-DrewZilla
    2012 Triumph Tiger 800XC
    CowboyRR likes this.
  9. cblais19

cblais19 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I was looking at ordering the Knox Dalton single layer jeans and the new Spidi J-Dyneema jeans in to compare the two and pick one...but it seems that over the weekend all the Knox products went out of stock. Did you guys stop carrying them?
  10. RevZilla

Oddometer:
    Hey cblais19,

We're definitely continuing to carry Knox. We're just waiting for the rest of our stock order to arrive. You should expect to see stock within the next few days. If you haven't already done so, you can select your size on the product page and request to receive an email notification when inventory replenishes.

Hope this helps!

-DrewZilla
    2012 Triumph Tiger 800XC
  11. cblais19

cblais19 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ok, thanks! It was just odd seeing everything go to an "out of stock" indicator on the same day!
  12. Hammerdown77

Hammerdown77 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Zilla crew,

I really like the TCX Hero WP boot and am close to pulling the trigger, but am not thrilled about having a waterproof boot for around town riding during our Summer heat/humidity. Is there anything similar in style and protection that does not have a waterproof membrane?
  13. RevZilla

Oddometer:
    Hey Hammerdown77,

If you like the look of the TCX Hero WP Boots but don't want a full waterproof liner, definitely take a look at the Stylmartin Ace Boots. They're lace-up with a side zip, have really nice leather, a lugged sole, and they aren't waterproof, so they'll breathe better. For additional options, also consider the Spidi X-Goodwood and Spidi X-Nashville Boots. They're oiled for a bit of water-resistance but don't have a full waterproof liner, so they'll still breathe like the Ace Boots.

Hope this helps!

-DrewZilla
    2014 Triumph Trophy SE
    2012 Triumph Tiger 800XC
  14. Hammerdown77

Hammerdown77 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the suggestions! I looked all those over, read the reviews, and decided to get the TCX anyway. I've had TCX boots before, confident in the sizing, and even with the warmer waterproof membrane they still looked to be the best blend of style/protection/durability for my uses.
    Looking forward to trying them out!
  15. Rockhopp3r

Rockhopp3r Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey Revzilla.

So, which tank bag that you have in stock will fit nicely with a Tiger Explorer? Looking for something that isn't magnetic and that follows the contour of the gas tank as close as possible.
  16. RevZilla

Oddometer:
    Hey Rockhopp3r,

In my opinion, the best option is the Givi UT810 Ultima-T Tanklock Tankbag. It has the cleanest install with a Givi tank adapter ring and fits the profile and size of the tank nicely. No magnets and no straps to worry about.

Regards,

DrewZilla
    Rockhopp3r likes this.
  17. Rockhopp3r

Oddometer:
    Thanks Drew!

No chance of getting a picture of a TEX with it installed?

Sent from a phone
  18. RevZilla

Oddometer:
    Hey Rockhopp3r,

I don't have a photo of it on a TEX, but I used my best judgment by comparing a photo of it mounted on a GS and then comparing the tank profiles of a GS and a TEX. The TEX tank takes a more vertical slope closer to the seat, but the profile from the filler cap towards the middle slope of the tank is quite similar.

[​IMG]

Regards,

DrewZilla
  19. Rockhopp3r

Oddometer:
    Thank you!

Sent from a phone
  20. Parx400

Parx400 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Old post but is the newer stow away cut the same? I wear an XL in mojave Jersey but I have a large old school badlands pro. Jacket is a little snug but the XL is massive with no layers.

Should I get a large or xl stowaway? I don’t plan to wear it over anything.