RevZilla Gear Discussion / Q&A

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by BoochZilla, Jan 21, 2009.

1. RevZilla

RevZilla Best on Two Wheels!

Oddometer:
    Hey Parx400,

Based on my experience, my gut says go with the XL. If you're wearing an XL Jersey, the Stow Away in XL should be the ticket. The cut is still pretty much the same as it has been.

Best,

-DrewZilla
    2014 Triumph Trophy SE
    2012 Triumph Tiger 800XC
    2003 Suzuki SV650S (Sold...it was a good 11 years)
    1986 Honda XR250R (Needs some love)
  2. scootertrog

scootertrog Jedi Fart Master

Oddometer:
    Hey DrewZilla!
    I ended up getting the REAX Alta mesh jacket this past Black Friday, I hope it's as great as the Alta mesh pants I purchased back in July. :) My question is about hip armor for those Alta mesh pants. Is there a direct-fitting Sas-Tec or D3O pad that fits well? I searched on the Revzilla website, this info should be really be included, (other than just saying optional hip armor is available, lol).
  3. RevZilla

Oddometer:
    Hey scootertrog!

You're totally right. We definitely need to link to the correct armor, and I've put in a request for that to happen. In the meantime, I'll tell you here that the pants take the shield-shaped SAS-TEC Replacement Hip Armor.

Hope this helps!

-DrewZilla
    2014 Triumph Trophy SE
    2012 Triumph Tiger 800XC
    scootertrog likes this.
  4. markoni_zg

markoni_zg Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey, DrewZilla!..
    I need some help about sizing.
    I am looking at Klim Traverse jacket : https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/klim-traverse-jacket

I have Forcefield Ex-K Harness Flite ( https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/forcefield-ex-k-harness-flite ) under and the chest measurement, while wearing the armor, is 117 cm. Waist is 108 cm, sleeve is around 85 cm. Height 184 cm and 100 kg.
    I also need some room in jacket for layers for cold times. And would like D30 CE 2 Level protectors for elbows and shoulders-

Which size should I take: Klim Traverse in L or XL ?
  5. motocopter

motocopter Long timer

Oddometer:
    My set-up. In 2017, I purchased Klim Mohave OTB pants and the recommended D30 hip pads. They seemed lost in the hip pockets. Later, I purchased a pair of Alpinestars Nucleon KR-Ci chest inserts. For me, they provide better coverage of the hip and fill the pocket a little better.

IMG_20190117_084401294.jpg
  6. chef_of_the_future

chef_of_the_future Currently reading the Pepperwood Chronicals

Oddometer:
    Hey Drewzilla
    Can you tell us when you’ll have a video review of the new klim hardanger suit?
  7. RevZilla

Oddometer:
    Hey markoni_zg,

Based on your measurements, I would start with size large in the Klim Traverse Jacket. Even with a mid-layer, you should be able to fit it just fine.

For reference, my chest is 41 inches (104cm), and with a Forcefield back protector, chest protector, and a warm mid-layer, my chest measures about 44 inches (112cm). My waist around the navel is about 36-37 inches (91-94cm). I'm about 5'10" (177cm) and about 185 pounds (84kg). Even with those layers, I can wear a size medium Traverse Jacket comfortably. The Klim size chart says medium fits a 38-40 inch chest, and yet I can wear it just fine with my gear-adjusted chest of 44 inches. The jacket sleeves are pretty long too. Therefore, you should be just fine in size large.

Hope this helps!

-DrewZilla
    2014 Triumph Trophy SE
    2012 Triumph Tiger 800XC
  8. RevZilla

Oddometer:
    Hey chef_of_the_future,

Right now, that's all up in the air. We don't know when we'll actually get the Hardanger in from Klim, as the ETA from Klim has now been pushed to March. Hopefully we'll have something closer to that date.

Our apologies that we don't have a more firm answer!

Regards,

-DrewZilla
    2014 Triumph Trophy SE
    2012 Triumph Tiger 800XC
  9. markoni_zg

markoni_zg Adventurer

Oddometer:

It helps, thanks!..:thumb
  10. markoni_zg

markoni_zg Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have more questions. :D

Above mentioned combination is for offroad.
    I am looking at Alpinestars Track Vest 2 ( https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/alpinestars-track-2-vest ) for onroad. I would take out chest foam and put Alpinestars Nucleon KR-Ci Chest protector inserts in (https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/alpinestars-nucleon-kr-ci-chest-protector-inserts )

Before I decide to buy it or not, can you tell me more precise number, how much kN of transmitted energy is measured for back protector in vest, and how much for chest protectors?
    As I understand, back protector is CE Level 2, and chest inserts are CE Level 1.
  11. slink

slink Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I’m looking at mesh jackets and considering the Rev’It Airwave 2 or Tornado 2 or the Klim Induction. I’m riding a BMW 1200GS and this jacket would be for hot days on pavement or light off-road. I have a Klim Latitude for cooler or wet weather and for longer road trips where I might encounter a variety of weather conditions. So a few questions:

1. Are there any major pros or cons that would suggest one of these over the other? The one major difference I see is the armor (all CE level 1 in the Klim, all level 2 in the Tornado, level 1 elbow and shoulder and level 2 back protector available for the Airwave).

2. Any other mesh jackets I should consider?

Thanks!
  12. motocopter

motocopter Long timer

Oddometer:
    Revzilla has been great to ship to an alternate address while I was out last summer with the AT. Now, I wonder if Revzilla will use the US Postal Service for the free shipping. Reason for asking is because I am having my mail held until I can get to the Post Office and retrieve it. It will be like this for most of this year. Possible?
  13. RIVERD06

RIVERD06 In the woods

Oddometer:
    Hey Drewzilla,

I need sizing advice for my wife. She's got an athletic build, but all legs and arms and no torso lol. I'm looking to get her into something like the badlands or artemis line of gear ( or anything that's a quality waterproof shell with armor) - we're not really brand specific. We're riding the TAT next year, and probably the MABDR again this summer. She's 5'9" , jeans are a 28 to 30 waist and 34" inseam. Her arms are very long compared to the rest of her torso so finding a jacket to fit is difficult. Any advice? None of the local stores seem to stock much for her to try on. Historically she buy's a men's medium to get the arms almost long enough but then there's way too much jacket everywhere else.
  14. elron

elron Still Standing Supporter

Oddometer:
    Regarding Belstaff boots... Could you compare and contrast the Anderson Short with the Resolve?
  15. zknezo

zknezo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Any idea when you guys will be getting more of the Forcefield EX-K harnesses, shoulders, and forearms in size Large back in stock?
    Just picked up one of the new Mosko suits and want to try a separate armor & jacket layering system.

Also, how about the Forcefield Pro Shirt X-V 2 w/o armor?
    I've been looking into that as a low-cost way to get my street jacket's D3O armor under the Mosko Suit until i decide to invest in the EX-K
  16. boulet_boulet

boulet_boulet Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I recently had a good experience with Revzilla and want to express my appreciation. I bought a pair of boots over a year ago. Towards the end of the last riding season, the waterproofness failed and they were replaced under warranty by the manufacturer. Then, after two months of use the replacement pair failed again and were once again replaced.

I figured this was going to happen over and over so with that third new and unused pair I reached out to Revzilla and asked if they would consider an exchange, even though they were under no obligation to do so, and they said yes. I shipped you the boots, the credit was processed immediately and I ordered what I hope will be a more robust pair instead.

You guys were under no obligation to make this trade well beyond the terms of your return policy. I am sure every situation is different and you will not always be able to do this, but I so appreciate the flexibility and good service. Thank you.
  17. rickypanecatyl

rickypanecatyl SE Asia adventure tours

Oddometer:
    I've heard great things about your customer service here so thought I'd give you a try. I have to say that for my part, Revzilla's customer service really sucked! Much of it perhaps wasn't your fault - some of it definitely was incompetence on Rev'it's part...my experience was probably unique though but I'll share it here because I think you guys can do better and like to see you try! (Oh yeah, and your customer service guys doubled down on stupidity instead of listening or fixing anything - hopefully the ADV guys are better.)

So this was my story:

Hey guys - I just wanted you to know that overall it was a pretty bad experience ordering from you guys and I'm quite disappointed. I'm sharing in the hopes some issues can be rectified.

First off, I told you I ride to and from work every day with errands in the middle in hot weather and was looking for something I could QUICKLY put on under regular pants that wasn't too hot.

The Leatt Airflex Pro wasn't the best selection and so Trevor you suggested the Leat 3DF 5.0 zip knee guards saying the zipper makes them much easier to take on and off.

The problem is:
    • The zipper is incredible small and hard to find and finicky to use.
    • Combine that with the fact the guards are extremely tight on me (despite the fact I ordered up a size) and they take an extremely long time to take on/off. (I was hoping for the speed of the Dainese LA jeans I'd mentioned in my original enquiry.)
    • The tightness/small zipper doesn't bode well for lasting a long time.
    • Another point is they feel less protective than 3/8" of foam.
    Now a completely different issue is I paid about $200 for these $90 knee guards. First off, there was the shipping to Malaysia of $40, but then I was shocked by the import tax of an additional $80. I'm not blaming you for that, but normally I never pay import tax on anything below $100 so I am curious what method you used and how that can be avoided?

On one hand I am grateful you guys are willing to ship overseas but on behalf of all potential customers facing long shipping times, high shipping costs and potential import costs we really hope you guys can get it right the first time.
    2 things I hear you mention frequently are 1.) that you guys are gear experts and 2.) your incredible shipping/return policy. When #2 is true I understand you can just "wing things" and it's not that big of a deal that you are NOT really gear experts. I'm not saying you're not, but I did get the feeling after my original question that you didn't actually have as much experience with different motorcycle gear as I do and I don't consider myself an expert - that's why I was reaching out to you guys! It's hard to imagine that you really ride, read my question/knew what I was asking and were actually familiar with the gear that you had recommended.

Nothing personal - I am glad for a gear company willing to ship overseas and was hoping we could improve the situation! If you're shipping overseas and there are no returns, don't have you're minimum wage, non riding grunt help answer gear questions assuming you can just have one of your qualified guys look at the 10% of customers that complain and ship it back!
  18. Travman

Travman Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Looks like Revzilla has abandoned this thread and AdvRider. Last post was in January.

Hopefully not a sign of a changing service strategy.
    Mikemm likes this.
  19. elron

elron Still Standing Supporter

Oddometer:
    They've had changes in "management". It's all gone downhill, IMO, for them re what I like since they joined up w/Cycle Gear. Each had it's place, but the hybrid sucks on the Zilla side.