1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Ribtoberfest At The Scrub "Daytona" POST PICS HERE

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by DataDaddy, Oct 23, 2006.

1. yz2klr

yz2klr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Tried to post what little pics I have last night before going to bed for the evening, but this internet shit was kicking my a$$; I will try agian.

Kudos to JD & HoJo for hosting an outstanding event and the great ribs.

It appears I missed some good riding Saturday, but I may not have been ready to wrestle that beastly KLR after what Bryan and Francis took me thru on Friday. Did go down once, or should I say layed it down before face met log. Riding thru the sugar sand is one thing, but doing so while plowing thru the scrub off the trail will probally get you hurt.

Did get to have lunch in Daytona with my friends. Was not trying to ride thru the main event down there but ended up going down the main drag out to International Speedway. Not sure if I fit into the freak show; felt more like an anomaly with full gear on a dirty KLR with Knobs. Well here we go again with the pics;

Maybe I Should have brought the Silverado, Nah!!
    [​IMG]
    My Adobe @ the Scrub
    [/IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The Scrub
    [​IMG]
    JayDee and his 950 ADV, Nice Bike & the truck that gave some is us an unsolictied wake up that sounded like a crash on Friday night. No crash though.
    [​IMG]
    Looking up from the gathering area; Data Daddy's KLR in forground; When grow up, I want to ride like Data Daddy.
    [​IMG]
    Beemer being a bummer; Brake Light was fixed in short order with the wealth of knowledge available.
    [​IMG]
    Eye Candy
    [​IMG]
    On my way back from Daytona; Taking a breather at the pit on 588, Used to be quite a hang out for 4-wheelers 10-15 years ago. Now looks like it is use for road maintenance.
    [​IMG]
    Somewhere on 65 on my way back to the scrub
    [​IMG]
    The Peanut Table
    [​IMG]
    JD getting the grub on
    [​IMG]
    Can you say ribs?
    [​IMG]
    Did I Say ribs? They were soooooo goooood!!!!
    [​IMG]
    Salute!!!
    [​IMG]
    Had a Great time. I will be practicing my sand riding up here at Jennings Forest getting ready for the spring. Great meeting you all!:clap :clap :clap
  2. Frankko

Frankko Midnight Rambler

Oddometer:
    This is how good DATA DADDY is. Try keeping up with Brian (Sand master) on a klr650 fully loaded on sugar sand blasting at 50-60 mph and looking at the gps at the same time. I still can't believe how he rides that bike so good in those conditions. It is truly amazing. But brian, this guy can really ride , and he said he was rusty! Mang I can only wish to be as good as him and on a 23 year old motorcycle . Guys thanks for the pics. JD man your awesome HOJO thanks for everything and sorry out my right eye and letting me stay in the trailer. Maybe i can do something for you guys. I will be signed up as of next week with Sunbelt, soooooo I can prolly get a bobcat or something at a discount for the weekend if needed.
    See ya real soon!!!
  3. Frankko

Frankko Midnight Rambler

Oddometer:
    Some people thought i was making this shit up. Said " Dude where were you you been gone for 4 days" think i said something about aliens and and a mother ship lurking in the forest and how they fed me, gave me drink and had the best time of my life. It is weird when iI see My self in the pictures I could have sweared I was 17 years old when I was at the campsite.

Dogf'r
  4. Rogue_Ryder

Rogue_Ryder

Oddometer:
    I need to get my own digicam so I can take pics at these things (not sure if that's a good thing or not)

I had an awesome time; it was nice meeting everyone and seeing some of the folks I had met at Walt's. The food :tb great job JD on the food and John too. The red death kicked my ass on Friday, I'm sure I could've handled more of that sand on saturday if I hadn't drank so much the first 2 nights.

I wish I could ride half as good as some of you guys on that sand. See y'all at the next event.
  5. HTSRocker

HTSRocker Long timer

Oddometer:
    Things sure change fast around here

[​IMG]
    68° F | 36° F

I'm freezing
  6. Jack Daniel

Jack Daniel See Ya At The Swamp Supporter

Oddometer:
    Don't expect to see me...

In that kind of...

Shape Again :rolleyes

I think I'm done :evil

Overdone :freaky

Somebody post a pic of the actual ribs :dg
  7. Motogirl

Motogirl Whatev.

Oddometer:
    Brians bike was parked fine, you just held your camera incorrectly. :1drink

Attached Files:

8. flux_capacitor

flux_capacitor I know a shortcut!

Oddometer:
    But how do you explain the fence? :evil

[​IMG]
  9. Jack Daniel

Oddometer:
    Hey Vern :wave

I'm glad you posted the pic of Forest Road 65

This is just one of the roads that I keep saying the big GS' are actually made for

When Flux was talking about running 90 on the dirt, that is not untypical. These are WFO roads; just slow before those long hill approaches

Rib Recipe:

You can't really long slow smoke when you have limited grill space and so many people

I can fit 9 or 10 slabs on my 48 inch converted culvert

I grill them after seasoning for about an hour at 350 degrees; I like to be able to touch the tin placed over the grill for a moment without burning my finger

I turn the slabs once at 30 minutes

After they're good and smokey and carmelized I remove them to foil and add what ever sauce, or not. My girls like them without sauce. The Pat's Homemade is one of my favorites :nod

I then cook the second batch of ribs the same way

Then all 18 slabs go back on the grill for another hour at 350

This way they steam in their own juices along with the sauce and...

I can get all of them done and ready in about three hours :clap

I do the same at home on a Weber except for I put them in the oven to steam

Like I said, they're not really smoked but they are :yum

I can't begin to express the appreciation I have for all of you...

That make the long trip to The Scrub :freaky
  10. flux_capacitor

Oddometer:
    The recipe I want is for those Pork Chops!

Lots of people were amazed at the whole 95 mph comment I had made, but that picture really shows that it is nothing special to do it. Just gotta stay alert is all, and watch for deer. Me and Beef Jerky almost took out 2, plus a bird nearly creamed my left shoulder. Scared the SHIT outta me.

Those big GS's would have done FINE out there. Hell, I want JayDee's 950 ADV now!
  11. jaydee1445

jaydee1445 Footpeg Crash Tester

Oddometer:
    I'm looking for better Armor now. The Joe Rocket Jacket ain't gona cut it if I get off @ 100mph in the scrub. :eek1
  12. Frankko

Frankko Midnight Rambler

Oddometer:
    Finally got some decent shut eye. Only to find I was sleeping in the refrigerator. BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. Nam gammit I was waiting for the sound of bikes to wake me up or Brian waking me up Get Up You Lazy Rican!
    I miss you all as I am back in concrete city Orlando trying to start work.
    Looking for mods, hey I want to go cross america Think I will need another ride though.
  13. Frankko

Frankko Midnight Rambler

Oddometer:
    Man I am starting to like that 950 too, Hummmmm think American Express would pay for it???
    Damm I need to work, gotta have more bikes...
  14. Willy-B

Willy-B onebudwiser

Oddometer:
    Looks like y'all had a big time. Great pics, riding and write ups from everyone.:nod

JD, I tried like hell to get this one in but every direction I turned this event just wasn't in the cards for me.:dunno Sorry I couldn't make it.

I'm glad everyone had a great time and returned home safely.

Ribs!:dg
  15. Jack Daniel

Oddometer:
    Hey Willy :wave You could'a brought her wit'ya :clap

What you don't realize is now my buddy Brian has the ADV bug; he had more fun than me and that's hard to do :lol3

He showed all the FF'ers how to ride that sand on his old XR500 :deal

He's the rider I kept on telling everyone I normally ride with, follow anyway :ricky

Brian and Patt are building a frick'n kick-ass cabin on their 250 acres in SE Ga. :eek1

And you're gonna see THE ADV PARTY here soon :freaky
    Can We Miss Patt, Can We?

In fact I'll let you know when we go up next time :evil

It's a regular Kill It and Grill It when we go :dg The place is loaded with game

[​IMG]

Here's some pics https://jackdaniel.smugmug.com/gallery/1184194/2
  16. lucky_strike

lucky_strike Long timer

Oddometer:
    looks like yall had a blast!! hey flux....how was riding on the sand?
  17. flux_capacitor

Oddometer:
    It sucked. I had a terrible time. Everybody there was an asshole. The food sucked. There weren't enough ribs for everyone. I couldn't figure out the whole sand thing. I never got any speed out there. Nobody brought any booze. It was freezing out. Nothing interesting happenned. Nothing at all. :D
  18. Willy-B

Willy-B onebudwiser

Oddometer:
    :photog

Damn, you tell a good lie.

:poser:poser:poser

Flux, there's a coupla rides in the makin' over in regional. Let's all get together soon for a day ride.:deal

It'd sure be nice to see YFF's again.:D

I know you're real busy and all..........(paging Eddie Faulkner:evil )but if you could pencil my sorry ass in yer schedule it'd make my day.:clap :lol3
  19. Willy-B

Willy-B onebudwiser

Oddometer:
    Dude, trust me....it wasn't her.:deal She would have been happy for me to see the good time you just put on.:D

Y'all did it up fine.:deal

Compression and leak down test on the bike this weekend. I was worried.:huh :freaky

JD, you're a hoot to be around.:freaky :lol3 I sure I hope I make the next one available.
  20. Motogirl

Motogirl Whatev.

Oddometer:

Ummm...............red death? :1drink