"Richland Furnace - 6/10/2007"?

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by Booga, May 31, 2007.

1. Booga

Booga Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    So I read that Richland Furnace has a legal and not so legal section. I also read the legal section is boring.

Anybody wants to elaborate on this? I am thinking of going there or to Big Rock on June 9th or 10th.

Edit:
    Route: From Tar Hollow to Richland Furnace
    When: Sunday 6/10/2007, 10:30 a.m. @ Tar Hollow
    Start: There will be two groups joining up at Tar Hollow, one leaving from Columbus, one from Cincinnati.

The Cincinnati group leaves @ 8:00 a.m. from the UDF on Rt50 close to I-275

Columbus Group:
  2. 9Dave

9Dave Bazinga!

Oddometer:
    Joern - send HC a note. He knows the area pretty darn well.

From my limited experience, there are dedicated roads running through that you can ride, and then there are "trails" that lead off into the surrounding area, some of which may head off onto private land. No one semed to care much when we were down there.

Buildit has been clamoring for a return trip down that way. That's where Peacock Road, and a bunch of other good trail is located. Maybe that's the weekend we head down. We usually start from up around Lancaster and then ride down. Some nice road riding and off road riding on the way down there.

Dave
  3. Booga

Booga Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well, lets plan this then. I don't want to go all the way to Lancaster since I am bringing a couple guys from Cinci, but maybe we could meet somewhere around Chilicothe, and ride from there. A guide like HC would be perfect :clap
  4. 9Dave

9Dave Bazinga!

Oddometer:
    Maybe the thing to do would be to meet up at Tar Hollow (the road back to the lake off of 327), ride some stuff around there, and head over toward Richland Furnace. There are a lot of fun roads over by Tar Hollow and you can work over toward Richland Furnace from there. Would be good for a sort of small group ride.

What time are you thinking - and what day?

Dave
  5. Booga

Booga Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sounds good, is there a parking lot near by to leave a car and trailer? I think one of the guys might be trailoring his DRZ400.

It's about a 2 hour ride for me, so how about 12:00 or 11:30? I propably could do 11 too. Sunday right now looks better for me, but I really don't care which day, either one is fine.

BTW, I did send HC a PM about 5 minutes ago.
  6. 9Dave

9Dave Bazinga!

Oddometer:
    Sitting here watching stupid home improvement shows while it storms out.......

I'd guess we'll get going a bit earlier, maybe like 10:30. Depending on who shows up, if we leave from the south side of Columbus and take the back roads, it's about an hour and a half. Straight down the main roads is about an hour.

There is a parking lot back at the lake, in from the main entrance. N39 22.478 W82 43.802 Don't know why you couldn't leave a car and trailer there for the day - but that is between you and the park rangers.....
  7. Booga

Booga Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Let me get this right (just that there is no confusion). You're leaving at 10:30 from Columbus, is that correct?

What day is better for you guys, Saturday or Sunday?
  8. buildit

buildit Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer:
    Is this planning for next weekend (6-9-07)?:wink:
  9. 9Dave

9Dave Bazinga!

Oddometer:
    No - I'm thinking we'd be down at Tar Hollow at 10:30. Lots of good stuff to ride down that way.

And I'm thinking Sunday. I talked to HC tonight and he said he might be in - just depends on his workload at the shop.

Dave
  10. 12bridn

12bridn I need throttle therapy

Oddometer:
    BVooga, Joern, jelligsen from localriders, I take it?
  11. Booga

Booga Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yep, that's me :evil

Yes, looks like 6-10-07.

OK, 10:30 @ Tar Hollow it is then. Just means we gotta leave a little earlier, or ride faster :wink:
  12. Booga

Booga Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Updated the first post, and sent a message to the moderator to change the title.
  13. 9Dave

9Dave Bazinga!

Oddometer:
    Bob Evans - on South High St., just north of I270 (on the South Side of Columbus, of course). Breakfast at 8, leave at 9. Post up if you are coming to breakfast so we can get a table big enough.

The Tar Hollow meeting point is at the intersection of Tar Hollow Rd. and State Route 327 LINKY at 10:30 a.m., or shortly thereafter.

Dave
  14. buildit

Oddometer:
    With or without a left side rear view mirror I'm in. :lol3 Well as long as I'm not trying to keep up with Larry on the WR! Dam old guy kicks a$$ on that thing.:eek1 :D
  15. ohioroadrat

ohioroadrat It`s YOUR fault !

Oddometer:
    Put me down for food........1
    I would like to bring the WR but it sounds like too much road so it looks like it will be the KLR (I`ll just have to learn how to ride that thing-everyone else has)
  16. 9Dave

9Dave Bazinga!

Oddometer:
    Cool - I will have at least one person to ride down with.:D

Dave
  17. Jon

Jon Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Chris, I have a few spares and you are welcome to one but those will not be free like the skidplate! :evil

I was planning on going to MI this weekend but it looks like I may get screwed by work but would still like to get some riding in. If I can somehow swing it, you guys care if I tag along? How much pavement vs. trail are you going to cover? My KLR is down for the count with a punctured radiator from a trail ride last weekend and all I have is my "Caveman" refreshed WR that I literally just picked up last night.
  18. 9Dave

9Dave Bazinga!

Oddometer:
    It's about 60 miles from the south side of Columbus down to Tar Hollow. After that, it 's pretty much dirt/gravel with some asphalt thrown in to tie it together. You might want to truck the WR down to Tar Hollow and then ride from there, though Somecallmetim rode his DRZ down from Columbus, all around, and then back to Loudonville. It would be nice to have you along.

Dave
  19. buildit

Oddometer:
    Parts and peices on order already minus the flex mirror I want to find that Larry talks about. Hope you can make the ride, even if you don't have the KLR with you.:D
  20. Booga

Booga Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Is anybody using a trailer to get to Tar Hollow? I might need to store some rubber in there for HC during the ride.