"Richland Furnace - 6/10/2007"?

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by Booga, May 31, 2007.

1. ohioroadrat

ohioroadrat It`s YOUR fault !

Oddometer:
    .......................................................................................................
    Truck your WR to Tar Hollow and I`ll bring mine.
    When you turn into the Tar Hollow enterance go about 1.5 miles in and then turn left at the parking area at the lake.A short way past the Ranger Station.Let me know because if no one else drives to TH I will ride the KLR.
  2. ohioroadrat

Oddometer:

I might,I`ll let you know.
  3. Jon

Jon Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'll keep you guys posted if I am going to make the trek down. I should know for sure by tomorrow night.
  4. Booga

Booga Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I really don't want you to take the WR, since then we won't be able to follow you :lol3

BUT, one of the guys from Cinci brings his TW in a mini van, he plans to park at the lake.
  5. buildit

buildit Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer:
    As long as he doesn't park in the lake.:D
  6. 9Dave

9Dave Bazinga!

Oddometer:
    Just a bit of information for Sunday for anyone who has not ridden with us before - with today's storms rolling through the area, the water could be up, on the water crossings, and the "roads" and trails will be a bit muddy. I know the skill level of the Central/Northern Ohio riders who will likely show up, and it is nothing we haven't ridden before. A good bit of what we will ride were "roads" at one time, and some never were. (read: mud & big puddles!)

Just don't want anyone thinking this is going to be an AMA pavement/gravel DS ride. There will be ride-arounds on better roads. Might want to bring your maps and GPS's to navigate with if you think you will take the alternates.

And yeah - we may be just a bit crazy...... :thumb :wink: :rofl

Here's some pics from prior rides in the area:D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  7. Booga

Booga Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I cross posted the pictures and your post. Now they are really pumped for Sunday :clap

Looks like there are crazy people in Cinci too, not only in Columbus :huh :rofl

Can't wait, hopefully that front knobbie holds the 90 miles to get there.
  8. Jon

Jon Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I think I am going to have to skip out now due to some work around here.

Have fun and I look forward to some pics!
  9. buildit

Oddometer:
    Say it ain't so!:cry

PS don't forget this shot!:evil :lol3
  10. ohioroadrat

Oddometer:

Screew work.:eek1 ............let`s ride.:clap
  11. flashover604

flashover604 tailgunner

Oddometer:
    Well, looks like I'm gonna beat you folks down there. A 4x4 club I'm in is doing a trailride tomorrow, and I'm gonna run with them. I think we're going to do a couple trails near but not in Richland Furnace. If they're as good as they used to be, they might be good for another ride.
  12. 9Dave

9Dave Bazinga!

Oddometer:
    Oh, c'mon Jon. I was over at HC's and he was listening to your message on his cell. We thought it meant you were coming down to ride. HC says he's in!

Think it will live and be ready for Sunday?!
    [​IMG]

Not a problem!:thumb :rofl
  13. Jon

Jon Adventurer

Oddometer:
    We'll see how much stuff I get done tomorrow. You never know I may just show up since work has already screwed me out of my vacation trip to MI this week.
  14. 9Dave

9Dave Bazinga!

Oddometer:
    THAT'S the attitude! :D You'll really like this stuff. Plus we're gonna ride Peacock, and that's a hoot.:evil
  15. holycaveman

holycaveman Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just strap your bike to one of those 4x4's and join us! LOL
  16. holycaveman

holycaveman Long timer

Oddometer:
    Dude, you got to take care of your bike! You know, wash it, polish, wax, take me for example......................:lol3
  17. buildit

Oddometer:
    I think you'll kick yourself for missing this Jon. It's really cool how roads become gravel trail become single track become a creek bed become lost!:lol3 Besides I want to talk to you about e-baying my old gas tank for me. Buying and selling on flea bay are two diffrent things and I think I'd rather have someone who does it often help me out than loose my ars. Besides I gotta pay for some new KLR and V-strom bling.:evil I'll even buy your lunch! :deal
  18. flashover604

flashover604 tailgunner

Oddometer:
    I'm riding the bike today, and I won't be able to get out tomorrow. HC, lemme know if you guys get out around your place again. I might have a couple miles of trail for you.
  19. 9Dave

9Dave Bazinga!

Oddometer:
    Hey - I wash. Occasionally polish. But never wax!:eek1

The bike's on its own.

Thanks for the help with the helicoils, Tom.:clap The bolts thread MUCH easier now. Why KTM and others use pure soft aluminum for attachment points like these is beyond me.:dunno

See you tomorrow at breakfast.

Larry - if you get there first, and you probably will, it looks like you, me, and HC for breakfast - unless Jon decides to join us?:deal

And now time to get some breakfast today and get the 9fiddy back together.:D

Dave
  20. ohioroadrat

Oddometer:
    I`ll be there in my van...the WR is just easyer to ride with my knee...on the return ride home try to come close to Tar Hollow so I can pick up my van. See you in the morning.