"Richland Furnace - 6/10/2007"?

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by Booga, May 31, 2007.

1. flashover604

flashover604 tailgunner

Oddometer:
    Looks like you guys had a pretty good ride. How much road do you guys usually do? I ride a 525 KTM that's basically just legal enough to avoid a ticket. Would I be biting off more than the bike could chew?
    On a side note, I wish I had a picture of the guy who led the ride on saturday. He was in a rail buggy. We got down into the bottoms at Richland furnace, and he busted the WHOLE DRIVER'S SIDE WHEEL OFF!! Looked like a previous fracture finally broke the spindle off. He then proceeded to use a come-along from the rollbar to the Passenger side rear axle, pulling the rear down and the front corner up. He then climbed the hill he came down, led another three-four mile loop down into the bottoms again, then up one of the biggest hills there. Finished up by driving back to Lake Alma. Damndest thing I've seen out there.
    How much of the furnace area did you guys run? If you head back down, I'd like to invite myself. If nothing else I'd just park at the Marathon station you guys stopped at and head out from there.
  2. holycaveman

holycaveman Long timer

Oddometer:
    There was one in our group with a wr 400. We had a good mix of trial and road. We can't just run dirt all day or we would wear everyone out. You are always welcome. We parked at tar hollow, rode out from there. There are so many trails even out side of the furnace. You could spend a month riding these trails and still not hit them all.
  3. MeefZah

MeefZah Curmudgeonly Supporter

Oddometer:
    Geez I wish I had weekends off.....

...and that I had seen this thread before today....

:bluduh
  4. buildit

buildit Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer:
    Don't worry, work says' lay offs are soon. Once I'm not working I should have time to ride more and we can hook up for a Richland furnace ride.:evil
  5. 9Dave

9Dave Bazinga!

Oddometer:
    I know Mark - working weekends must suck more times than not. And the bad thing about Tar Hollow/Richland Furnace is that it is so far south it takes me an hour and a half to get home. Add another 30 to 45 minutes for you.

For the record, Larry and I were talking about riding this weekend, either back down the same place we were, or over by Old Man's Cave. Haven't gotten that far in the decision process yet.

I do have GPS tracks of where we were at if you want to see.

Dave
  6. ohioroadrat

ohioroadrat It`s YOUR fault !

Oddometer:
    DUDE-you know we can put together a ride in the middle of the week with you,me,Shawn,Scott and who knows who else. I just need a little notice so I can shoot up some Jerital.(spelling):D
  7. MeefZah

MeefZah Curmudgeonly Supporter

Oddometer:
    I should be free Thursday 6-21..... hint hint