Richmond Va chatter

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by mikeinrichmond, Dec 19, 2008.

1. MAN OF BLUES

MAN OF BLUES COG #5977 EX-TECH EDITOR

Oddometer:
    I saw that when looking for that picture..
  2. blalor

blalor Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I don’t check CL for bikes that often, but when I do I invariably see one that Eddy is selling. ;-)
    Beavz, MotoMujer and biker128pedal like this.
  3. bigloop67

bigloop67 Long timer

Oddometer:
    The Southside Dual sport crew is undergoing strategic realignment. That aside, Eddy most likely would have been selling something anyway.
    Dirtmonkey8, MotoMujer and blalor like this.
  4. jgiacobbe

jgiacobbe Long timer

Oddometer:
    So you guys need different bikes for the next big trip?
  5. bigloop67

bigloop67 Long timer

Oddometer:
    speaking just for myself, I just needed something I could ride gravel and camp with as well as cover miles so I went with the KTM. And I'm pretty sure That other guy doesn't need a reason to sell anything, It's just what he does.
  6. jgiacobbe

jgiacobbe Long timer

Oddometer:
    We all know his reason to sell something is so he can buy something else.
    bigloop67 likes this.
  7. blalor

Oddometer:
    Has anyone seen the new AT? A slightly smaller bike of that ilk appeals to me.
  8. CowboyRR

CowboyRR Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  9. biker128pedal

biker128pedal Super Lurker

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    blalor likes this.
  10. blalor

Oddometer:
    CowboyRR likes this.
  11. MAN OF BLUES

Oddometer:
    I'm getting kind of like this mindset lately.. at 65, and sitting on my ass all the time.. I gotta get back to "nature".... BUT.. My Trek has a cushy foam saddle, with the hole slot.. and normal Mt'n bike bars.. oh, it has pedals also.. now I have to remove the "street slicks" I put on it, with only 70 miles on them.. and put the Pirahnna Knobbies back on.. seriously wanting a "Fat Tire Bike tho".... I really set my old bike up soooo well, I hate to even sell it..
  12. biker128pedal

Oddometer:
    Just ride it.
    MotoMujer and bigloop67 like this.
  13. bigloop67

bigloop67 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I actually bought a 29' PLUS bike last year, Rode it quite often and really enjoyed it, Haven't found the time (Read:Motivation) to get back into it in a while.
  14. biker128pedal

Oddometer:
    I was looking at 29ers but found I could fit a 2-3/8 rear and 2-1/2 front on my old 26er hard tail. From the DR I learned I could run much lower pressure. 20psi front and 25psi rear. Like a new bike. So I wanted wider tires on the road bike. Can only fit 23mm. Well 23mm that measure 27mm on the wide 19mm rims. Toying with the idea of a gravel bike like the Warbird with two sets of wheels so I can wider tires on the road. Need to smooth things out.
  15. Guy Young

Guy Young Long timer

Oddometer:

"Scary" bridge clip from One Crazy Ride:

16. MAN OF BLUES

Oddometer:
    :clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap
    thank you, all my pictures from the film event, are on my old tower computer.. as it was before I got a "smart phone".. hehehe
    that was a really fun evening for sure. thank you for setting it all up.. :clap
  17. MotoMujer

MotoMujer Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have two bicycle trips I'd like to do: Virginia Creeper Trail and Greenbrier River Trail, the latter of which LongSlowDistance mentioned here some time ago. Might be a fun car camp sort of trip. Would like to take the dog, so ordered a dog trailer. Test spin coming up!
  18. ddlewis

ddlewis Long timer

Oddometer:
    Mini adv. "camped" at Misty mountain in a cabin and ran all over the mountains between afton and 60. fires built. beers consumed. The usual stuff but still great.

[​IMG]

DR650 mafia
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  19. biker128pedal

Oddometer:
    If you do the Creeper plan for a visit to a show at the Barter Theater. We were going to stay at an airbnb in Damascus. Looked cool. Ride the trail,see some of the stuff on the Crooked Road and had tickets for Madame Buttermilk. Horse went severely lame so could not go. Oh there also is the New River trail.
    MotoMujer likes this.
  20. MotoMujer

MotoMujer Long timer

Oddometer:
    Test spin using pet trailer on the hilly road through Petersburg National Battlefield: success!

Trailer weight: 34lbs.
    Dog weight: ~45lbs.
    Total weight behind me: ~80lbs.
    Leg burn on the PNB road: 9/10. I managed to do the whole thing. I may also have made some noise about putting the dog on a diet and the road being uphill the entire way. :D Seriously, it was a great workout, and recalling my half-marathon training days on that road, getting to where the hills are cake will put me in a good place for an 80-mile rail to trail. Getting another bike coupler so Tom and I can trade off the exercise benefits will also happen. :deal

The ladies posing for the camera.
    [​IMG]
    No, I do not let her lean out over the edge of the whole thing like that while in motion. And yes, there is an adjustable interior tether to keep a dog from springing out after a critter if you have the top/front slam open. It is hard to tell from the photo, but there is also enough room for her to lay down. If I were to name some cons: 1) not much by way of shock absorption, so I added a cush blanket, and 2) the rubber smell is *strong*, so no way would I ask her to lay down in there til the thing has well and truly aired out.

Top open moon-roof style. Dog could sit with her head out taking in the scenery/breeze. Will open up the front too next time.
    [​IMG]