Richmond Va chatter

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by mikeinrichmond, Dec 19, 2008.

1. mikeinrichmond

mikeinrichmond Farkleus Maximus

Oddometer:
    Good job Guy on passing your test and passing on the ADV info. :thumb
  2. roger123

roger123 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Did ya get the guy on the DR's name, I want one, maybe he'll put a 1000 mles on it and need to get rid of it as it's too cold to ride around here. :lol3
  3. mikeinrichmond

Oddometer:
    I thought only Harley riders did that..:lol3
  4. MAN OF BLUES

MAN OF BLUES COG #5977 EX-TECH EDITOR

Oddometer:
    The sweet girl at Capitol ale House, where I posted from, was totally intrigued by my appearance/question about wi-fi-/ beer choice, along with my intensity of posting, followed by vertical leap and "woooooooo hooooooooooo" (I tipped her well on the 2 beers that totaled $24....each....)yeah, good beer is worth it.....
    I gave her the site, and explaned the whole scenario to her.... she was quite impressed, and even went so far as to say she'd pass this along to the owner (my pals....) for future use (anybody say mega party?????) on the house...
    yeah, it's good to be a beer officianado.....:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
  5. mikeinrichmond

Oddometer:
    You must be insane! That would be like, what, 12 cases of PBR? :lol3 Glad that my Dundee's honey brown lager is just fine for me and 5.99 for a 6-pack. :slurp
  6. MAN OF BLUES

Oddometer:
    drink that 6'r, and smile... then drink one dogfish head Worldwide Stout....
    and I'll drive you home... granted, steep price, but they make a profit on it.... and I GOT TO GRAB......:rofl :rofl :rofl
    whaja pay for the last panera munch? get a buzz?... nuff said.
    I get that beer for $ 21 a four pack.... normally...
    go look for this one... awesome!: (the caboose in ashland has some, so does total wine...)
    Southern Tier imperial "choklat' stout.... whoaaaaaa.......
    11% abv, 22 oz bottle., chinook and willaette hopes, along with bittersweet belgian chocolate.... freaking awesome....
    I'm only drinking one... screw the Doctor...

www.southerntierbrewing.com
    :lurk
  7. Michhub

Michhub Major Medical Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey guys - Finished the Chain & Sprockets install the Hon-Dawg is ready for dirt shenanigans when I get back from the Great White Nord....if ya'll do a DS ride this coming weekend post some picks to make me feel bad...I'll make the next one...
    [​IMG]
  8. mikeinrichmond

Oddometer:
    Have fun in the white stuff! And Merry Christmas! :thumb
  9. manganos

manganos Let me pontificate.

Oddometer:

Have a safe trip! If we do the DS ride I'll try and take some pics!
  10. mikeinrichmond

Oddometer:
  11. Guy Young

Guy Young Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ditto that. Ain't no way in hell I'd spend $24 for a beer, knowing full well I'd be pissin' it out 15 minutes later. I "busted the bank" on my beer budget today for a case of Guiness 'cause my older daughter and her (new) hubby are coming in tonight for Xmas. Last serious Guiness experience was up in the Village (NY) where we sat around getting sauced on Guiness on draught and car bombs:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thought it ironic we run into a fella wearing an IC tee:

[​IMG]
  12. Michhub

Michhub Major Medical Supporter

Oddometer:
    All those Guinness....:tb :slurp :smile6
  13. roger123

roger123 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Damn!! I've NEVER paid more than $10 for a 12 pack!!!:1drink :1drink :1drink :freaky :lol3 :eek1

Well maybe at bar prices but sheeeze, $24 EACH!!!!! Yikes!

You need to meet my dad, you guys would get along PERFECT!

Here's what he got me for my birthday:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  14. MAN OF BLUES

Oddometer:
    unfortunatly drinkin Guiness is a waste of time/money....and it does go thru ya fast, as its water... seriously.
    Domestic sold product ain't as high in abv as Molsen Ice....or even YEUNGLING....
    "Guiness is a stout, and although it is very dark in color, it is actually lower in calories and alcohol content than most beers (4.3 % abv, while Bud, Coors & similar are all around 5% abv). Many dark craft beers that are produced with fresh, good quality ingredients have proteins & vitamins that provide many health benefits (just as much, if not MORE than wine!). Drinking a beer or two a day can promote health by reducing chance of stroke and heart and vascular disease, increasing the amount of good cholesterol (HDL) in the bloodstream, reducing stress, etc."

Check out these Guinness facts:
    http://frodo.marshall.edu/~bennett7/guin...

Kinda like the amature's (kids) thoughts that Yeager shots and beers waste you faster cause you are getting alcohol from the shots... no further from the truth, the reason is there is soo much sugar in the Taegermiester, that the liver/kidneys have to work harder to filter it... Yag's is only 40 proof, or 20%abv in reality... per shot....)

I like the "Bastich" medal, I have the original sticker on my bike trunk....
    and notice the glass in the photo here???
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8636736&postcount=3625

bought a "magnum" bottle of "Oaked Double-Bastich" for our son 2 years ago for X-mas.... he has yet to open it.... it took momma and I 2 sessions to finish one off... damn thing is 20 inches tall...and has a lockable resealable lid.... once you open it, it's gotta be drank....mmmmmmmmm
    drank it sittin on the porch after Isabell, waiting for the power to come back on....:rofl :rofl :rofl

that $23 price for Dogfish Worldwide Stout at CAH is outragious, but each one is like drinking 6 normal(blechhh) beers when you drink a 12 oz. x 23 % abv like that. (again, that would be more alcohol than a DOZEN shots of YeagerMiester...argggggg)
    I get them for around $25 a 4 pack at the Caboose...
    Just picked up some Southern Tier Imperial 'Choklat' Stout (Blackwater series) that is simply the best I have tasted in my life as an example of the style...and as a beer judge... $6.50 a bottle (23oz.) wow.....

"life is too short to drink bad/cheap beer".

happy holidays!!!!
  15. Guy Young

Guy Young Long timer

Oddometer:
    We all drink what suits our palet(sp), and wallet. Personally, to me, some of them brews taste like crap (and spark up an instant headache). I'll drink what ales me.... pun intended.

And happy holidays to you too.
  16. SRMN8R

SRMN8R Down & Out

Oddometer:
    :rolleyes

Life's too short to read about beers.

:lol3
  17. mikeinrichmond

Oddometer:
    9 times out of 10 I'd rather have a Mountain Dew than anything else...:lol3 It's all about the buzz..
  18. manganos

Oddometer:
    I just got home after drinking some Samuel Adams Larger at BW3's in Colonial Heights. MMMM MMMMMM But yeah I'll stick to Coca-cola ..
  19. mikeinrichmond

Oddometer:
    If you ever get the chance, get some South American Coca-Cola 'cause they still use real sugar down there instead of the high-fructose syrup crap we have here. Never really believed the stories about their Coke being so much better, but its true. When my daughter got back from Nicaragua she brought me a 6-pack and boy what a difference! Now THAT was the Coke I remember! Just watch it though, 'cause some S.A. countries use the HFCS too, and not all Mexican food stores carry the good stuff either.
  20. manganos

Oddometer:
    EXCELLENT info Mike. I'll be sure to have my dad bring some home from Panama and Costa Rica if he can. :thumb So how bout bringin that ZX2R on a dual sport ride Sunday?!?! :ricky