Richmond Va chatter

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by mikeinrichmond, Dec 19, 2008.

1. mikeinrichmond

mikeinrichmond Farkleus Maximus

Oddometer:
    Don't know how dual my sport is.:lol3 I'm more of a pavement kinda guy. At least until I get my own DRZ...C'mon lottery...gimme them numbers...LOL
  2. mikeinrichmond

Oddometer:
    Merry Christmas everyone! After years of 4-5am present fests with my 2 girls when they were younger, I'm the first one up, and my 6yo son is a late sleeper. :lol3 Having to wait on them for a change...:snore

Have a great day all, and hope to see most of you all back on the streets or dirt or where ever you like to ride tomorrow..:thumb
  3. Guy Young

Guy Young Long timer

Oddometer:
    Same to you Mike, et al.

I wuz up at 6:00 (bed at 3:30) getting the turkey ready to get stuffed in the oven. Son is txting our younger daughter a little later to come over (she has her own apartment). Soooooo, at 7:30, the whole family is reuinited; son-in-law is still asleep. Not acclimated to the Young household yet; he'll learn. :lol3

Ya'll have a nice day with your families... and season's greetings to all who read this.
  4. roger123

roger123 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Merry Christmas guys! My girls didn't get up until 0800!!!
  5. Guy Young

Guy Young Long timer

Oddometer:
    Soooo, MoB........ you get that Acer?? :ear
  6. manganos

manganos Let me pontificate.

Oddometer:
    I hope you all are having a great time today. We are about to venture out to Midlothian for the rest of the day. Got some cool relic hunting stuff. Seems the family isn't too keen on the two wheels lol. Mom just dropped by and said she was gonna get me that heated vest but said she didn't want to condone me riding lol. :ricky
  7. MAN OF BLUES

MAN OF BLUES COG #5977 EX-TECH EDITOR

Oddometer:

YEP!!!!
    I likey!!! got the one with the mega batt pack, and software accessary loaded usb memo stick....oh, and the kit came with a D-Link Wireless G router so's I can "network everything.... now I'll need help on what to get to tie all this together and make the dreaded connection to the pee-hole dialup..."cause I live in a van, out in the woods...." I truly hate the fact that no-one will bring high speed out here...dammit

working on getting the "bird in the oven now", then back to loading the $0.49 Motorola phone tools i got off flea-bay into it, hoping to get wireless thru it....mebee... we'll see.
    later kids, hope Santa was as good to all of you....
    sionara for now...
  8. Guy Young

Guy Young Long timer

Oddometer:
    Good deal!!!

Bird is out; ham is in after covering with glaze and pelting w/cloves.

Watching "A Christmas Story." Son wanted if for Xmas........ :lol3
  9. roger123

Oddometer:
    What's the Acer? Laptop, desktop?? I need a new laptop, I spilled a pint of Bud's finest on mine last week and "kinda" messed up the screen:huh :eek1

What's the deal with satellite internet?????? I have DSL with Verizon but it sucks big time, don't even try to get on when it's raining!!!:becca

Got some cash and new small storage shed for the yard to get some junk out of the garage.

Been looking at this tire changer:

http://www.cyclehilltirechanger.com/

By the time you buy the nomar stuff for the Harbor Freight rig it's not that much more and it's actually made in the good ole USA!!

I'm getting tired of doing it on the floor with irons.
  10. MAN OF BLUES

Oddometer:
    CHEAPO version:
    http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4364268&sku=A180-8023%20DLINK&cm_re=Homepage-_-Spot%2008-_-PC_A180-8023%20DLINK
    2.5 hr battery time...

THIS IS THE 6.5 HR BATT VERSION:
    http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4226590&sku=A180-8012

i found the deal 3 weeks go that had the 6hr unit, with the wireless router, bundled with a flash drive that had CA virus suite, Open Windows (emulates all the MS Office software, exactly)..., and a bunch of other software preloaded...
    http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4338342&csid=_22

sweet unit... no cd rom tho, and am having fits copying software.... the Stick works as a copy medium, but Garmin software ain't likin it at all... biotch garmen anyway...
    I think they sold those all out....bummer....I got one.
    I paid $400 earlier this year for a tower system with awesome M/B, and mega hd... XP, nothing else, and this has twice the storage as that one...
    and fits my tank bag... go figure.:eek1 :eek1
  11. manganos

manganos Let me pontificate.

Oddometer:
    If you are seriously having issues with your DSL please let me know via PM exactly what is happening. Is it ETIR (Every time it rains) or is it more often then that. How far are you from the central office? Are you serviced with buried service or by overhead lines? I will need your name and billing phone number and an alternate contact # IE cell.. Sorry I can only help if you are a VERIZON customer. PM I might be able to help you out:thumb

Chris

12. Guy Young

Guy Young Long timer

Oddometer:
    Rockin' to Pat Benatar, Heartbreaker.

Need I say more?

[​IMG]

L-R: Older daughter, younger daughter's BF, younger daughter, & son.

Snapshot from a video clip.
  13. pplassm

pplassm Brace for collision! 40488

Oddometer:
    Where's the video?

Both my (grown up) daughters were home today. I took them for rides on the connie. Bueno times.
  14. Guy Young

Guy Young Long timer

Oddometer:
    I got no where to post it. :lol3
  15. mikeinrichmond

Oddometer:
    Youtube is free...
  16. MAN OF BLUES

Oddometer:

I guess you can write off that TV forever now....:rofl

seems like just a year ago your son was running around being a Ninja/Harry Potter....
    Now.... he's headed for OZZY fame....:trp :dj :strum :super :drums :kumbaya :ear :clap :clap :clap
    no, wait....you have the title of "Prince of Darkness" all tied up already.....
    They grow up all to soon....(as you know well by now!) enjoy them while it lasts...
  17. Guy Young

Guy Young Long timer

Oddometer:
    I know.......
    [​IMG]
  18. roger123

Oddometer:
    PM sent!!
  19. Guy Young

Guy Young Long timer

Oddometer:
    MoB - The Pentax I got through Woot went to my daughter and hubby - at my wife's suggestion. Their Kodak digital (tried to warn them) died an early death, so they were without.

Was a good deal all the way around and glad I had it on hand.
  20. MAN OF BLUES

Oddometer:
    I am always at a loss when I see those deals on how many to buy...
    you can buy up to 3 at a time , but you can't ever go back after you buy and get more... I was tempted to buy 3, and sell off the extras, they'd go in a second at that price for sure...
    When Dona saw it, and I was showing her the features, she got PISSED because it was soo sweet, and had so many features along with quality that the Fugi I bought her 4 years ago (for $500) didn't have... technology marches on.... hell, the mini-laptop she just got me blows away my new tower system (8 months old), AND my "portable work$tation Dell" from work... on storage, features and neat-ability.... just doesn't have a cd-rom to load programs... arggg.... been loading mem-stick and transferring stuff that way, but some software (garmin) simply refuses, and needs the cd drive... oh well
    Now trying to figger out this damn wireless router, and install it so I can network, and pull from the tower's cd unit to the mini.... freaking rocket science to understand... and I missed that day at the Vo-Ed school....:shog