''Ricky Bars" (just the bars) for R11XXGS (for persons about 5,8' to 6.1'

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Ricardo Kuhn, Jan 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. watchmen

watchmen Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I haven't gotten mine yet either, I paid about a month ago. I sent him a couple of messages in march but I haven't heard back from him. I figured he's been busy with the move and slow from the injury. Still looking forward to installing mine.
  2. DrAlf

DrAlf Lur King

Oddometer:
    Same here. No bars yet despite posting funds well over a month ago and acknowledgement of delivery. However I've known Ricky for a long time and have no doubt that the bars will arrive at some point - just bad timing with a house move.
  3. bugzilla

bugzilla Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Got them installed--pretty straight forward, but I had to find a larger hand guard clamp for the larger diameter handlebar. I used these:
    handguard_clamps.JPG

I found them on ebay, they're called "Maier Tapered Handlebar Clamp for Universal XC Pro Handguards 59507".

T

View attachment 783853
  4. DrAlf

DrAlf Lur King

Oddometer:
    Has anyone heard from Ricky? I'm not getting a response to PM's and getting a little concerned now. Hope Ricky is OK but also very keen to get hold of my bars - spring has sprung in the UK and it's pretty hard riding a bike without handlebars!:)
  5. phreakingeek

phreakingeek Big Ear Inc - Virginia Provider Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Ricky sent me message after I reached out to him. He's still recovering and said he would get more bars shipped as soon as he is able.
    coguy likes this.
  6. Ricardo Kuhn

Ricardo Kuhn a.k.a. Mr Rico Suave

Oddometer:
    Minneapolis (don't even ask how i end up here.
    I have come to realize At least two handlebars never reach their buyers (I do have five that still Need to send from
    The last three weeks, but I have been moving or at the hospital in intensive care or surgery)

In any case I think is better if we pause this sale until I can walk and deliver them to the post office myself, friends are great but sometimes can become a weak link

Obviously I will refund whatever money, no questions ask ( just be honest please)
    black lightning, bugzilla and Andrew like this.
  7. DrAlf

DrAlf Lur King

Oddometer:
    Thanks Ricky - and sorry to hear of your ongoing issues, it must be really tough. Hopefully my bars are in your list of bars to be posted - I'd far rather have a set of bars than a refund. Fingers crossed. Let me know and get well soon:)
  8. Parrothead

Parrothead Cu Dubh

Oddometer:
    Ditto here Ricky, as I said in my PM the other day, take your time and heal. I can wait for bars 'cause your health is far more import
    coguy likes this.
  9. Ricardo Kuhn

Oddometer:
    The last thing I want to be is a flake.

I had "code" (crash cart, big emergency, the whole deal) the last two times they try to perform a "Ablation" ( temporary nerve block) so now they plain refuse to perform the procedure

The steroids injections don't have any effect, oxicotone varelly shave the edge off, in short I'm unable to walk more than a few feet (with assistance) ( I feel like I have cannon balls on my legs and get progresivibly wrist by the minute as long as I'm not laying down) much less drive a car..

So if you can wait for your bars I will send them when I can (with a little discount included on the box) or you can get your money back no questions ask.

(I was getting much better from the surgery when I post this add, but shit happen and I roll backwards)

Not being able to keep my word is killing me and that compound into the complexities of not having mobility (I'm sure something we all understand, the fear of ending on a wheelchair is freaking horrible)

Sorry

Ricky
  10. Parrothead

Parrothead Cu Dubh

Oddometer:
    Sorry for all the challenges you're dealing with. That you can think of us at all says just how tough you are!

Keep on with what you need to do to get better. I can wait: the bike and I will be around for quite a while!
  11. DrAlf

DrAlf Lur King

Oddometer:
    Anyone heard from Ricky? I've dropped him a couple of PM's over the last month but not getting anything back. Hope you're OK buddy.
  12. Ricardo Kuhn

Oddometer:
    I'm starting to walk and the doctors tell me I be able to drive in two weeks or so I be able to deliver the three bars I have not deliver (with a heavy discount as a excuse for my flakiness)

After that if anybody felt like ordering one, we will do it the old fashion way, I send you the bars and you send me the payment when you get them.. (I stop doing that because some people are more decent than others and I lost a few bars that way..)

Again sorry for all the delays, most of them beyond my control, this has being the hardest time in my life, almost divorse, paralize for a few weeks, massive depression, ptsd attacks, loneliest and solitude for the most part, so I had nobody to ask favor too (new city, I don't know anybody..
    phreakingeek likes this.
  13. Ricardo Kuhn

Oddometer:
    Finally last night I found a way to "repair" well ask for forgiveness for my lack of puntually..

You three have a good surprise coming..

Aperanlly I be able to drive pretty soon, for now I'm walking about 5 blocks with my walker with now much trouble, but I still don't trust my feet to operate the brake on the subaru (my issue is at the hips, but also my legs are really weak)

So pretty soon I will be able to drop the bars at the post oficce..

I feel super bad about this, but sometimes Shit storms come in to many flavors all at ones and I made many mistakes..
    black lightning likes this.
  14. ErikMotoMan

ErikMotoMan Airbag crash survivor!

Oddometer:
    In Motorcycle Heaven since 1990 - So Cal!
    Forgive my ignorance, but there are so many different pics I can't figure out what's what? Some bars have a welded on cross bar? Others have some sort of a adjustability?
  15. Ricardo Kuhn

Oddometer:
    My last ride on the stupid wheelchair van ride

My doctor declare me safe and legal to drive, now I only need to fix a flat tire in the subaru and get and/or charge the battery (the car has not move in months..

And then I be ready for the trip for the post office and resume operations if by a miracle anybody needs some bars after such a royal FuCk up from my part..
    coguy likes this.
  16. black lightning

black lightning Flat out

Oddometer:
    Count me in when you are back in the saddle. Black or what you have......again great to hear your recovery is progressing.
  17. DrAlf

DrAlf Lur King

Oddometer:
    Ricky,

Grateful if you could respond to my previous PM's. $185 posted back in Feb and no bars. As per my previous PM's please return the cash - it's been 6 months and I've found my own solution to 28mm bars.

Thanks
  18. DrAlf

DrAlf Lur King

Oddometer:
    Ricky - I'm still awaiting a response to my multiple PM's. Grateful if you could drop me a line please. Thanks.
  19. watchmen

watchmen Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    He hasn't responded to me either for the last few messages.
  20. DrAlf

DrAlf Lur King

Oddometer:
    @Ricardo Kuhn - Could you either respond to this thread or drop me (and anyone else) a PM. I'm $185 down with no bars and no communication. I'd like my money back. It's a matter of principle and respect. Your activity states that you are constantly online. What's going on here buddy?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.