Ricor Intiminators

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by steven0100, Oct 3, 2016.

1. SoccerNerd

SoccerNerd Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Update on my order placed May 21:

I finally spoke to someone at Ricor yesterday. They have had a "major manufacturing delay." This person admitted that they should have sent out an announcement to persons waiting for orders.

I had to give new Visa info since it had been so long since I placed the order that my card had expired. (HapHazard, this might be why your order hasn't shipped. Mine too sat for two weeks before they contacted me to update my payment info. BTW, they don't process payment until it ships, so my Visa wasn't debited back in May.)

They offered to throw in the expedited shipping at no extra charge. Now my order is showing shipped and moving.

So it looks like they are back in business folks. You might want to wait a bit before placing a new order as I suspect they have quite a backlog to process.
  2. Woody2627

Woody2627 Grey Wobbler

Oddometer:
    Ricor gave me the best customer service I have experienced from anyone, but that was about 8 years ago. I have told this story before, but happy to repeat it. I bought intiminators for my F650GS single, but never fitted them. After around a year, I updated to the F650GS twin and sent Ricor an email to see if the ones I had fitted the new bike. They replied and said they don't fit, send the ones I had back and they will sort it out. I sent them back, at my cost which I expected. A little later, a brand new set of intiminators turned up, no cost to me for parts or postage to Australia. Just to confirm, the old ones were sitting in my shed for over 12 months, they had sent me the right product but I no longer needed that model. They owed me nothing. Great service.
  3. HapHazard

HapHazard Waiting for Gudenov

Oddometer:
    Yes, I received an email over 2 weeks ago, informing me that my order had "shipped", and provided a tracking number.
    After a week had gone by, and the tracking status was still showing that the package was waiting for UPS to pick it up, I emailed them, saying that the entire summer had passed, and would they please ACTUALLY SEND THE PACKAGE.

I, of course, heard nothing back - directly.

After another week had passed, I received an email, claiming that my credit card had been declined, and to please provide them alternate payment.

First thing I did, was to verify that DKCustom still had the Intiminators in stock - they did.
    Then I called my credit card company, and asked if a charge or an attempted charge had been made to my card - it had not.
    I then called Ricor (at a never-before-seen-by-me number) and a nice lady actually answered.
    I also got the "manufacturing delay" story, and I said that it had been far too long, and I did not want the order.

I went online, and ordered the Intimators from DKCustom, who gave me a $10 discount.
    They shipped the Intimators the same day, and UPS had them, that same day.

It would have been nice to get the free shipping, and I paid more for the Amsoil, but I wasn't going to directly reward the absolute worst.customer.service.of.all.time.

SoccerNerd, I hope you get your parts soon - you've waited even longer than I did!
    Teknik Motorsport likes this.
  4. HapHazard

Oddometer:
    Things are very different in Ricor-land, these 8 years later.

When a company absolutely refuses to communicate, in any manner, with the customer who has ordered a product, and actively prevents the customer from cancelling that order for over 3 months, then lies about attempting to make a charge on the customer's card, I feel very safe in saying that's extremely, world-class, poor service, right now, today..

My very strongest recommendation is to avoid dealing with Ricor directly.
    Motomantra likes this.
  5. Teknik Motorsport

Teknik Motorsport Motorcycle Mechanic Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Haphazard, what was the number you go hold of someone on? I have a KLR shock in need of parts. I've tried the "parent" company Spears Enterprises. After an inital answer they have gone dead too. Just need to know if i can or can't get parts.
  6. HapHazard

Oddometer:
    805 / 807 - 9938
    Hope it helps.
  7. Richarde1605

Richarde1605 Long timer

Oddometer:
    They work in completely different ways, emulators have fixed damping, intiminators use inertia to have high and low (fork speed) damping.