Ride around Cayuga Lake - NY gpx file here

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - Northeast, Southeast & Florida' started by Old_Lion, Aug 11, 2007.

1. PhilSpace

PhilSpace The Ex-Gov

Oddometer:
    Used to go bashing through snow drifts on McLintock Rd and 392 heading over to Greek Peak to go skiing in my little VW. Was just on that road two weeks ago.

There are some excellent back roads that we take as a short cut from Dryden down toward Sayre and the PA border, where we pick up more back roads all the way down to Williamsport. I hate the slab.
  2. Toro One

Toro One Ancient FighterPilot

Oddometer:
    I grew up in Ithaca a very long time ago. Have been riding my bike back for a family reunion/camp out the past couple years. Last year I circled Seneca Lake and spent half a day exploring Connecticut Hill. I'm hoping to circle Cayuga Lake this Saturday morning.
  3. XRochester

XRochester XRochester

Oddometer:
    got any good dual sport/adventure routes in that area? Looking for more in the way of dirt roads.
  4. Daryl_Stamp

Daryl_Stamp Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Lots of dirt roads / SLUH (Seasonal Limited Use Highways) between the south ends of Cayuga & Seneca Lakes. Look on a AAA Fingerlakes Region map for the green areas; nothing really exciting; but for me every time I see a SLUH sign I see where it goes; sometimes just a few hundred or a few thousand feet, sometimes a few miles. On the south side of the main road from Ithaca to Watkins Glen (79?) is Texas Hollow Rd; not a SLUH, but dirt none the less.