Ride Kriega

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Kriega, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Kriega

Kriega n00b

Oddometer:
    Welcome Adventure Riders,

Some of you may have heard of us, some of you may not and some may even use our bags and backpacks on a daily basis.

For those who have never heard of us, we have been in the motorcycle game for 20 years now, starting in 2000; two keen motorcyclists wanted to begin producing the highest quality and best designed products on the market, offering unrivalled standards of functionality and craftsmanship. It was a very conscious decision from the start to be a non-fashion brand that focused on producing function driven design that was not compromised or constrained by creating products to a pre-determined price.

Some of you may know us because In those 20 years Kriega are now distributing all over the globe, sponsoring events such as the red bull romaniacs, supported BOTTPOWER when they took on pikes peak in 2017 and even have a part in a bond film. But the adventuring community may just know us through our reputation for the quality and craftsmanship of our products.

For those of you here who already own some of our products, we are now here for you to answer questions on currently owned product, keep you all updated with future releases that we are aiming more towards the adventure rider and keep you informed with all the things Kriega are getting up to whether it be in the workshop or out riding.

This thread is being managed in house at Kriega and is the first time we have had our own staff working on here to give you the most accurate and up to date information we can.

Attached Files:

toramorgan, flamingm0e, 3sum and 9 others like this.
  2. darkstarmoto

darkstarmoto Am I evil? Yes I am

Oddometer:
    Hi Kriega,
    Glad to see you having a presence here. Long time user of your gear. Wondering if you have an in-house parts department? I need some replacement parts for my Overlander 30 that I'd love to keep using into the future.
  3. Kriega

Kriega n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi there, Yes you can contact info@kriega.com and they can help you with your request for spare parts. Thanks
  4. solitary1

solitary1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Glad to see you here,I've been enjoying your gear for a long time.what happened to your video channel?
  5. Kriega

Kriega n00b

Oddometer:
    Are you referring to our youtube channel? If so we are working on that at the moment. We are putting lots more hours into our social platforms and are currently trying to decide on what content to include. What kind of videos would you like to see us posting? Thanks
    toramorgan likes this.
  6. solitary1

solitary1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Your videos running through fitting bike packs were great,always included one or two details which were not completely obvious.I've just got and fitted your OS Base and two OS18 bags to my WR450F.I'm certain they are fitted correctly but your videos always included tips for ease and speed of fitting,first thing I did when I got the bags was search for your video on fitment but I couldn't find any.
  7. Kriega

Kriega n00b

Oddometer:
    thats definitely something we can produce more of then and get uploaded, once all the lockdown is behind us and the days get better we will start doing some filming again, thanks for time
  8. zknezo

zknezo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    How wide is the drysack opening on the trail 18?
    I'm in the market for a new pack and looking at both the new Trail 18 and the Max 28.
    Want something i can use for hydration offroad on the weekends, but can still take a 36cm x 24cm laptop to work for the commute.
  9. slff1

slff1 n00b

Oddometer:
    Great gear. Really rugged. I use two US 10s and a US 20 for trips, mounted on the seat in my avatar pic. Use the US 5 or a 10 as a tank bag when needed.
  10. Sl0rider

Sl0rider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've loved the tail packs for a long time. However, sometimes I'd like to remove the pack and leave the straps attached.
    Is it possible to source a clip with two female parts, to act as a joiner between two straps? That way I could clip the straps together and tighten them up across the pillion seat, nice and tidy.
  11. zknezo

zknezo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    They used to sell just such a thing called a "Connector Strap". Just two female clips on a few cm of webbing. I bought a set back in 2015 to use the longer straps from a US-20 (had clips) on my US-5 (didn't have clips). They worked great, but I don't see them available anymore.
    Sl0rider likes this.
  12. Sl0rider

Sl0rider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks @zknezo that's the type of thing I'm hoping for. Appreciate you mentioning it.
  13. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:
    @Kriega , I have a hydro 3 hydration pack. I've had it for a few years. I've always wondered if I do not have it adjusted in the optimal way for comfort. The shoulder straps and under arm straps can both be adjusted which determines how far up or down the pack sits on your back. It would be nice if the dot markings on the shoulder straps could be used as a rough guidance for adjustment based on chest size (including outwear). Anyway, is there a rough suggestion on how high/low the pack should sit on your back for optimum comfort?
  14. dpike

dpike BeeKeeper Supporter

Oddometer:
    i really like what i'm seeing in the trail series of bags. looking forward to seeing some reviews of them soon.