1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Ride Mexico this winter, anyone?????

Discussion in 'Americas' started by ADVDAD, Oct 11, 2007.

1. Slowphil

Slowphil Big Man in a very very small pond

Oddometer:
    Anybody interested in the 1st of Feb (or somewhere around there), will load the bike into the truck (from Nova Scotia) and head south to where it's warmer before starting to ride. Want to go for about 3 or 4 weeks (well that's not true I want to go longer but can't), don't want to push it everyday but want to do lots of riding. Anybody got someplace in Houston I can park my truck for a month?
  2. enduro-ince

enduro-ince dirtslave

Oddometer:
    I probably already posted here but oh well. I'll be riding the Copper Canyons the first 3 weeks in Feb. Tons of far off the beaten path riding. It'll be my 3rd trip down there and I'm getting to know the area pretty well.
    Looking for like minded partners for any time in that time frame. I'll be on a 640 and would sure like some company!!! I will be based out of Batopilas but can meet someone anywhere within a hundred miles or so....
    :ear:ear:ear
  3. tilmac

tilmac Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm on the southeast side of Houston and have room inside a fence to park your truck if you need it. Be glad to help.
  4. Slowphil

Slowphil Big Man in a very very small pond

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the offer, will drop you a line if I can get everything together. Appreciate it.
  5. rhjiii46

rhjiii46 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Ready to go to Mexico? My plan is to enter Mexico approx. Feb 1st for a trip from Arizona down the coast and into the Yucatan. Then maybe back up the east coast. I would also like to visit the Colonial towns so the itinerary is flexible. I'm just ready for some warm riding in a warm (people) country.

I'm in the Sacramento, CA area. I'm 61 years old and my ride is a Goldwing, so...no dirt. Looking at paved roads and hotels. I rode the 10 western states this last summer, covering 13,000+ miles and 75 mountain passes in 10 weeks. My riding style is to ride most days, on the road by 9-10 and I like to know where I'm going to sleep and be enjoying a beverage around 4-5.

I've visited Mexico a dozen times. Mostly scuba vacations. But I have motorhomed on a very similar (route wise) trip in 1991 from Brownsville, Tx thru the Yucatan and out at Nogales, AZ. Then on another M/H trip to Cabo for 2 months. This time I want to do it on my motorcycle.

I think a good group of maybe 4 similar riders would be perfect. Anyone interested?
  6. gasandasphalt

gasandasphalt Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Howdy,, Perhaps,, how much time for the trip?? amount of time is not really an issue,, not intrested in a two week hurry-up event... what speed do you like to travel,, not counting the TOPES, and an ocassional BLAST?? I did a trip down into Mexico last Feb,, C/C & Batopilas etc., on my KLR 650,,at that time I found that their are some real nice roads for a large bike and also found out that my dirt and rock roads days, thankfuly,, are over... love to ride and do all the fun stuff but, NO DIRT!!! Will consider, not sure how the Private Message works, I know how to retrive but not send. I live in southern New Mexico,,,, 25 miles north of Palomas, MX,, a real easy crossing...... am retired, like the 9-10////4-5 Bill:1drink I ride a Yamaha Venture
  7. rhjiii46

rhjiii46 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi, gasandasphalt. I'm figuring about 8 weeks for the trip. I typically ride approx 5 over speep limit on a slab and vary speed on secondary roads according to the scenery :eek1 or the competition :wink:. But in Mexico prudence will dictate I suspect. I PM'd you, looking foward to talking to you.
  8. rhjiii46

rhjiii46 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    There must be more riders ready to go into Mexico. (See 3 messages back). Anyone interested?
  9. rhjiii46

rhjiii46 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Gasandasphalt and I are headed into Mexico, crossing at Arizona, on 2/3/08 for 6-8 weeks of fun. Anyone else interested. (See previous posts)
  10. McMaster

McMaster Any Direction Anytime

Oddometer:
    I am heading down Jan 24th or so till Feb 20th I will probably cross TJ and head down into Baja am thinking i will head across on a ferry to Mainland at somepoint want to check out Yucatan Side I will be checking emails and this site everynow and again to try and meet up with others..
  11. Durangoman

Durangoman Yeah its me!

Oddometer:
    bump
  12. rhjiii46

rhjiii46 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Bump
  13. enduro-ince

enduro-ince dirtslave

Oddometer:
    Hey, I'll be in Batopilas from the 2nd through the 15th of Feb. Silver Toyota with pop up camper and a 640a. Stop in and say hi if you end up down there. And if you havn't done the ride down well..........you must!!!!
  14. okbob51

okbob51 okbob

Oddometer:
    rhjiii46,

please check your private messages. I got some question about your mexican ride.

Bob
  15. McMaster

McMaster Any Direction Anytime

Oddometer:
    I will add you to my maps so if i get anywhere near Batopilas I will stop in to say Hi!
  16. rhjiii46

rhjiii46 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    We may have a 3rd rider in okbob51 so we need a 4th, Anyone inerested?
  17. Throttlemeister

Throttlemeister Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    :wink: Going to plan on crossing the border Tuesday Jan 22 and head in the general direction of CC and go down and through or down and back up and around after Bato. to get to the ferry @ Topolobampo. I would not mind riding along with another and any point or all points. Up for almost anything I can lug a big GSA across, down, or around.
  18. rhjiii46

rhjiii46 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    We're back to two riders, gasandasphalt and me. Any other pair of riders ready?
  19. rhjiii46

rhjiii46 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    It's back to two of us, gasandasphalt and me. Any other riders out there ready?
  20. gasandasphalt

gasandasphalt Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Bump