Ride-On Tire Sealant Group Buy

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by ravenranger, Feb 12, 2008.

1. ravenranger

ravenranger rave

Oddometer:
    For those of you that use Ride-On Tire Sealant or want to try it, I worked out a group buy to get 10% off your order. The discount is good for any order of any product. So, here's how it works:

The group buy is no longer functioning but it's still a good product. I'll work on getting a new code and will update here. (edited Nov 2015)

Here's my little testimonial YMMV:

I really like the Ride-On, I've used it for coming on eight years now. I know it works on punctures, which saves all kinds of head-ache on a trip, because I've picked up nails and been able to keep on riding.

I first bought Ride-On because I was planning a big solo trip and was worried about flats. On that trip I picked up a nail. I did my tire check each morning and one morning I'd lost 2 pounds of air. I checked out the tire and found the nail, aired it back up and it kept pressure the rest of the trip (another 1000 miles) with only Ride-On - no patches or plugs. BTW, that was a tubed tire and it sealed the tube - that was pretty impressive and from then on I was convinced that it's good stuff.

I also think it improves tire balance, wear and mileage. The few times when I've put on new tires and not used it (because I didn't have any on hand and didn't get around to ordering it), I've found that the tires wear much less evenly and much more quickly. With the Ride-On, I get about 1/3 more wear out of a tire. That makes the extra $$ per change worth it right there. Plus, b/c Ride-On stays liquid, it works as a dynamic balancer for a smoother ride as well.

Finally, I've had no problems with Ride-On being in any way corrosive (unlike Slime - bad stuff, stay away) and it handles high speeds with no problems (trust me, I've pushed it to triple digits). It's not even terribly messy when you pull off the tire and washes right out with a quick spray of the hose.

So, I like the stuff 'cause it works for me. YMMV but I put together the group buy for another forum and figured some of the folks here might benefit as well.

:clap
  2. levity

levity nano-Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for setting up the discount, rave!

Good summary.
    I use it in tube-type and tubeless tires on bikes as well as cars and trucks,
    and my experience agrees with yours.

:thumb
  3. sweptwingnut

sweptwingnut The Nut

Oddometer:
    I am in! Thanks.:thumb
  4. turboderek

turboderek DL650 TW200 RD400

Oddometer:
    just ordered some. the code took the sting out of the shipping costs.
  5. JR356

JR356 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hi,

Just ordered.

Thanks,

JR356
  6. ravenranger

ravenranger rave

Oddometer:
    now that riding season is upon us - just thought I'd remind folks of this group buy
    :freaky
  7. Warren

Warren Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the timely bump!
  8. ravenranger

ravenranger rave

Oddometer:
    The 10% discount is still good.
  9. levity

levity nano-Adventurer

Oddometer:
    way to go, ravenranger. :thumb

I agree - it's good stuff.
  10. ravenranger

ravenranger rave

Oddometer:
    I checked with the Ride-On folks and got the 10% discount extended.
  11. mnormand

mnormand Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just talked to George at customer service...they are out of stock at present in small bottles, should have some in a few days. He offered to take my name/number and call me when in stock, and will discount 10%. :deal
  12. MesaMan

MesaMan Well Preserved

Oddometer:
    Just orderd a 3 bottle kit - on sale - and the discount code worked as well.:rofl
  13. Warren

Warren Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    FYI - Promo still good - Great stuff folks!
  14. Jettn Jim

Jettn Jim This is Liv'n!!!

Oddometer:
    NE PA Some... PNW Some... On HIGH ADVENTURE Most!
    Thanx for the Promo Raven, just had an order overnighted for the big Tour at the end of the week. Thanx for the info too I hope I like it half as much as you do!!! It will be getting a 16,00 mile 6 week workout dirt and asphalt:D
  15. duck

duck Banned

Oddometer:
    FYI: Promo code still works.
  16. drewjb7

drewjb7 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the update. Just ordered some.
  17. Ti04

Ti04 n00b

Oddometer:
    But then I started reading reviews on the stuff. So, Slime works well in my wheel barrow and dolly, but it will never go in any of my motorcycles.
    I hope to make the TAR ride in April and I will add Ride-on to my Transalp before I head that way.

BTW I put Dyna Beads in my Wing tires and removed several wheel weights. It was smoother than ever :D But I like the idea of Ride-on also protecting for leaks so when I replace those tires in it will go.

Jim
  18. deeve

deeve Adventure Lite

Oddometer:
    I tried it in an RT and did not get very good results for the leak stopping. The wheel had weights so I cannot comment on that, but it was ridden for a few weeks with no bad side effects. You really couldn't tell it was in there. I drove a smallish nail into the tire to see if it stopped the leak and it didn't. Had the dealer talk to a rep afterwards, and they said you have to ride it for a bit to get it to work, which we were not able to because the air went out so quickly. I was kind of skeptical about their comment on having to ride it to get it to work since the stuff quirted out around the nail quite a bit (enough to bubble and make a mess) and I would have thought it would have sealed. We did ride it some, but apparently not enough to help, mostly due to it being so flat. Either way the tire was flat and we would have needed a pump. It might make good extra insurance, but probably not as good as a pump and plug kit. I was really bummed to since this looked like a really good product.

YMMV as this is just my experience.
  19. Fredicchino

Fredicchino Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    FYI, the promo code is still valid. Ordered 1 kit today, thanks to the OP ! :wink:
  20. booger1

booger1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Promo still good. Ordered some after just having the wheel weights fall off, and I really don't want to pull it back off and drive them the 60 mile round trip to have them rebalanced. Read that this well work for balancing, so i'll give it a shot.