Ride report forum rules

Discussion in 'Ask Baldy, Blame Cannonshot' started by Mister Fixit, Oct 24, 2021.

1. Mister Fixit

Mister Fixit Think less, ride more

Oddometer:
    I am not complaining or trying to be troublesome, just getting more active on the forums and looking for clarity. In the forum rules for ride reports it says this:

“Never-ending threads are considered personal weblogs (blogs) and will be closed, or moved to a more appropriate forum. We invite you to visit the Inmates forum if you wish to post a blog, where you and your viewers may indulge in personal details and idle banter.”

There seems to be many threads that meet this description. Once again, it doesn’t bother me. I just want to know how or if this gets enforced before I start posting there. If it’s not really a rule, maybe excise it.
  2. Bultaco206

Bultaco206 Back-to-back motos suck Super Moderator Supporter

Oddometer:
    I don’t think it’s all that difficult. You take a trip, you post about it. When the ride is over, the thread is pretty much over. No harm in answering questions that follow about your bike, your gear, or your experiences…as long as they relate to the trip at hand. But don’t make it your own personal social thread with continual posts full of “updates” or idle chit-chat.
  3. PineyMountainRacing

PineyMountainRacing Oops....

Oddometer:
    maybe what is confusing OP are the Day Tripping threads that are still very active after 10+ years, with lots of updates, new destinations and “idle chit chat” I’ve always assumed the “rule” applied to Epic RRs, but the rulz for RR - Day Tripping also discuss Epic, so when discussing RRs it’s not clear Epic vs DTs. Clear as mud :deal

eta - there are 10 yo RRs on page 1&2 of Epic Rides, FWIW I’m not suggesting anything needs to change, just pointing out why some inmates might be uncertain what goes where
    Mister Fixit likes this.