Ride the Bradshaw Trail !!! (SoCal --> Feb 3-4)

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by Zen Slug, Dec 29, 2006.

1. imgonnasnap

imgonnasnap Motard wrecker

Oddometer:
    those things sound really cool, got pics?
  2. Zen Slug

Zen Slug Spineless Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I leave for Mecca at 8pm tonight... if anybody needs to contact me after 7pm or so it'll be best to try my cell:
    (eight one eight) six seven nine-seven four three four:deal

Just to confirm the basics:

Friday ride leaves from the Chevron on Dillon Rd. at 12 noon
    Saturday ride leaves from gearheart's camp at 8am
    Sunday ride leaves from gearheart's camp at ?am

Please refer to post 1 (and follow the links in that post) for any further questions about where/when/etc.

For all the meals except the Saturday night BBQ, please bring your own food and beverages, or plan to pick something up locally on your own. Here's some Google Maps results for some of the local businesses:
    restaurants
    grocery stores
    service stations

See you all soon!!!

-Eran

P.S. Here's my ugly mug, in case you want to introduce yerself:
    [​IMG]

Of course, this might be a more likely pose during the Friday ride:D
    [​IMG]
  3. rickf

rickf oldfatguyMAN

Oddometer:
    Of course, this might be a more likely pose during the Friday ride:D
    [​IMG][/quote]

I'll be the guy who crashed right in front of you.
  4. jhank

jhank not too gnarly adventurer

Oddometer:
    Eran, I'm trying to work it out to come down for the BBQ Sat. afternoon. What's holding me back is the return, whether or not I need to be back Sunday night. No work calls yet but the is still time tomorrow to get booked for Monday. Is anybody considering a half-day Sunday ride? That would work out nice.

- John
  5. Trey650

Trey650 Are We There Yet?

Oddometer:
    Just show up and bale out on the ride when you have to.
  6. Zen Slug

Oddometer:
    You a bears fan?:ear

I have a feeling more than a few people will be doing a half-day ride on Sunday and bailing around lunch-time.

Hope to see you there!!!
  7. jonz

jonz Miles are my mantra Supporter

Oddometer:
    CA dez (it's a dry heat)/West Yellowstone,MT
    Is there something else going on Sunday that's more important than riding???:evil
  8. jonz

jonz Miles are my mantra Supporter

Oddometer:
    CA dez (it's a dry heat)/West Yellowstone,MT
    Howdy gang,
    I finally spoke with a CHP officer familiar with the area around Palo Verde. As you come out on the Bradshaw trail and down off the mesa, Palo Verde and Wheelie's will be southeast a few miles. You'll probably be able to see the area. The farming is mostly alfalfa and cotton so there are dirt canal roads which are not gated and also some dirt farm roads leading in the general direction you need to go. Wheelies is on the west side of the road so you won't even have to cross a highway. So you can ride your green sticker vehicle there.

See you all at the Dillon Chevron tomorrow at noon. Hopefully, we'll be riding by 1:00 p.m. so we can at least get the east part of the loop done. I've never ridden the loop with more than 4 people before. Should prove interesting. :D Lots of photo ops.
  9. Zen Slug

Oddometer:
    Inte was the only one coming with a green sticker bike, AFAIK, and last I heard he had changed his mind and decided to bring the 640 instead. Maybe he'll change his mind if he sees you post:evil

Signing off now, see y'all in the Mecca Hills!
  10. BetaTrialsGuy

BetaTrialsGuy D i r t - Z a m b o n i

Oddometer:
    CA desert in Winter / Traveling in Summer
    If there is something going on beside riding Red Canyon and the microwave tower trail on a 2-wheel NASCAR, I can't imagine that it would be competitive. Maybe someone needs to be home in time for 60 Minutes at 7 pm.

The sooooper bowl is best watched on the 11 o'clock news!
  11. jhank

jhank not too gnarly adventurer

Oddometer:
    Nope. And no, I'm not a Bears fan. I couldn't care less about football. I'm a freelancer and may get a call to work at anytime for Monday. The chances are low at this point, but still there. I don't want to ride back in the dark Sunday (170 mi.) so if I need to get back for work I'd need to be on the road home by 1 or 2pm.

Just talked to the GF and all's well for the hall pass. So, if I can get my shit together (just got back from DV and stuff is spread out everwhere) I'll be on the road for arrival by mid-afternoon Saturday, or thereabouts, for the BBQ, money in hand.

I haven't had a chance to look through the entire thread so I don't know what's been said about whether or not the 950 will be too big for whatever is planned for Sunday. My skills boarder on so-so.

I'm lookin' forward to this. Thanks for any comments from those in the know.

- John
  12. inte

inte neophyte serendipity

Oddometer:

Just saw it.

Mind changed.

450 coming.

:D

I really want to go check out that sunken trailerpark sometime ... BUT given this weekend has a relatively full riding schedule I'll just have to come back on the 950 with Flyingo!

Dave? :ear
  13. G.Kennedy

G.Kennedy ...

Oddometer:

And FUCK .... I am 100% OUT for Saturday now too ... FUCK!!!!

The rain earlier in this week held up all of our work ... so we are working all weekend to catch up.

Sometimes freelancing blows.
  14. G.Kennedy

G.Kennedy ...

Oddometer:

its pretty cool there ... kinda creepy though ... more than a few "chemistry students" living in the area.

Winter , spring or fall ... summer is down right nasty.
  15. rickf

rickf oldfatguyMAN

Oddometer:
    Inte,

You riding Friday?
    GasGas?
  16. imgonnasnap

imgonnasnap Motard wrecker

Oddometer:
    Hey guys, for those of you leaving early friday, if you have any problems finding the camp, you can reach me at my cell, if you need help. (562) 335-1919. I will be leaving friday night around 8pm or so.
  17. inte

inte neophyte serendipity

Oddometer:
    Oh yes ... not planning on bringing the gasgas though ... with the "green sticker POSITIVE" development - I'll be taking the 450 through the nastyness :ricky

I'll be bringing the trials bicycle just to have something to play around camp with through ... no idea how to ride the thing ... which should make for more interesting photos ...

Haven't been home yet - at a Starbuck's uploading stuff from work today ... I'll be taking off by 8am tomorrow to make the gas station by noon.
  18. berolina

berolina Adventurer

Oddometer:
    We are doing a 100 mile loop out in Mojave on Sunday, you are welcome to join us.

Anders

19. rickf

rickf oldfatguyMAN

Oddometer:
    See ya there.

FYI everybody, Gearheart's probably will take more like 1 1/4 - 1 1/2 hours from the Dillon Rd rendevous if one is towing a rig. The road off the highway has a few gotcha bumps, nothing real bad but enough to play mixmaster with the contents of your rig if you're going too fast. The dirt road in is excellent condition as they are doing construction on the canal.

Cell 951-265-2952
  20. BetaTrialsGuy

BetaTrialsGuy D i r t - Z a m b o n i

Oddometer:
    CA desert in Winter / Traveling in Summer
    There were 10 riders on the Friday ride on the "Freeway Loop," led by Jonz. The terrain was up and down, up and down, challenging, fun, up and down, lots of erosion, deep sand, rocks, challenging, and, very challenging in places. The star of the show was FlynGo!!, who rode his 950 adventure the entire loop, and did it like a rock star.

There were two Trials bikes, the 950, and a bunch of 450/525 bikes, all of whom had a great time, even those of us who took a bail-out part of the way through the loop. Being in shape meant everythin on this loop, and it became evident early on that some of us were not entirely physically fit! I'm certain that some photos will show up on this thread that will prove the point.

Jonz showed us a superb single-track trail that's not well known in these parts, and he's a good guide. I'm looking forward to his Sunday ride, assuming that I make it over to the Colorado River country on the Bradshaw Trail (and back.)

Jonz, if you're on-line Saturday, what time are you planning to start the Sunday Ride?