Ride the Bradshaw Trail !!! (SoCal --> Feb 3-4)

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by Zen Slug, Dec 29, 2006.

1. rickf

rickf oldfatguyMAN

Oddometer:
    After getting chewed out for no pictures of my attempt to flatten the roadside berm sliding sideways at 60 mph on Saturday, :cry
    I hope;
    1. Everyone is all right.
    2. There are some really funny pictures.
    3. Inte will be up to leading campfire sing-a-longs real soon!

Oh, and for all of you bean-eaters, sing-a-longs must be performed with the top orifice.:deal
  2. inte

inte neophyte serendipity

Oddometer:
    I'll bring a Banjo...
  3. imgonnasnap

imgonnasnap Motard wrecker

Oddometer:
    Where are all the pics??!??:ear
  4. Zen Slug

Zen Slug Spineless Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'll show you mine if you show me yours!:evil

:D

I'll start the ride report thread tonight or tomorrow... and I'll be sure to put a link to it here:deal
  5. imgonnasnap

imgonnasnap Motard wrecker

Oddometer:
    The only ones I took are of everyone motopogo'ing.. i'll post those, but it was getting dark so they probably didnt turn out very well.
  6. jhank

jhank not too gnarly adventurer

Oddometer:
    As I type this, I'm fighting with my computer over control of some little videos of Mr. Zen Slug riding my 950. He will post them with his super video-Ninja powers if I can ever get them sent to him from my frikkin' mail program.

I also have a choice piece illustrating why we call one advrider "flyingGo".
  7. Zen Slug

Oddometer:
    John,

I got the first two, but nothing since:dunno

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/woEaCfZpyqw"> </param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/woEaCfZpyqw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> </embed> </object>

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1y5qxIEOmIs"> </param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1y5qxIEOmIs" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> </embed> </object>
  8. Zen Slug

Oddometer:
    Okay, I started the ride report with a few teaser pics. Tomorrow afternoon or evening I plan to post something about the Friday "Freeway Loop" so prepare your pics and stories now if you were there for that.

My plan is to post the ride report one day at a time, like so:

Tuesday night: Friday ride pics
    Wednesday night: Saturday ride pics
    Thursday night: Sunday ride pics

Here's a link to the ride report:

The Bradshaw "BOMB RUN" of 2007:kboom
  9. flyinghorse

flyinghorse Long timer

Oddometer:
    OK so I'm in town for two months from the Boulder, CO area. I'm here for work (16 hour days 7 days a week). I am in Indio/Thermal area and hearing about this is killing me. I brought the BRP and SO wanted to do this ride!!! Sadly I had to hear you guys tear past the showgrounds I'm working at while I worked. Is anyone available next Wednesday or Thursday to take a fellow adventurer out for a desert ride. I' on a BRP (XR650R) and can hold my own on most any terrain. I also have a friend on a KTM 450exc down from Oregon. We ony have the mentioned dates available and would really love to ride.

So please, if you are available or could even just help us with trail suggestions and directions, CALL ME. I WON'T HAVE A CHANCE TO SEE A COMPUTER AGAIN UNTIL LATE MONDAY.

THREE, ZERO, THREE, NINE, FOUR, NINE, SIX, ONE, EIGHT, SIX is my cell.

Thank you, Todd:(:
  10. Zen Slug

Oddometer:
    try sending a private message to jonz to see if he can give you more details. I'm sure he'd show you around, but he'll prolly be in Baja next week, from what I understand.

If you wanna do the technical freeway loop it's pretty easy to find. Just start at the Chevron station on Dillon Rd. in Coachella, find the dirt tracks that paralell the 10 north (running along the barbed wire fence) and follow them until you can't take any more. If you manage to survive the first 15 miles there's an underpass you can take to the other side of the freeway (heading south again) that's even more technical.

For easier stuff (like the Bradshaw Trail routes) just go down to your local AAA office and ask for the "San Diego Area" map which has most of those routes. The ones that show up on AAA maps as dotted lines are the most fun:evil

Enjoy!!!