Ride to the Kenai, Make a 1/2 million$$$

Discussion in 'Alaska' started by Wheeldog, Nov 15, 2008.

1. Cubdriver

Cubdriver Stampede Swimmer

Oddometer:
    Cubdriver is in. Will bring the hot lights and the cold steel just in case.:rofl :rofl
  2. AKTroy

AKTroy BE AWARE OF TRAINS

Oddometer:
    :amazon Careful some skin isn't as thick as there oil. :jack
  3. Wheeldog

Wheeldog Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.........I have a Harley and a BMW (wife's bike)......getting both our bikes bashed......eh? I am having a hard time figuring out who to get offended at.:scratch Maybe someone can step up to the plate and bash Jap bikes too:huh (I got a KLR).......then I would be really confused.:confused:dunno

You kids have fun this winter.:vardy:vardy:vardy:vardy I am gonna head south and spend the winter scouting routes :rickyand getting the transportation lined up for all the bikes that break down. :pope I know it's a tough job, BUT someone has to do it.:jkam:ilmostro Just to simulate "the real conditions" we will take a Harley AND a BMW on our scouting missions.:deal:D:norton

We will report our findings on a regular basis.:devildog

:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl
  4. CruisingRam

CruisingRam Frankenbike builder

Oddometer:
    BMW? Those are even more expensive than the dang H-Ds:D

Us Po folks have to ride 20+ year old bikes- that just happen to be very, very fast:huh :D
  5. Paulmer

Paulmer F' this, I'm going riding

Oddometer:
    :cromag SUPPORT STAFF
    AkTroy: Team mate :freaky
    Mat-Su Regional Hospital: Chief Sponsor (I personally know they got the money!) :clap
    Legion: Logistics Chief :bow
    Cub Driver: Chief Team Doctor :sick
    WheelDog: Transportation Chief/Forward Scout :eyes
    Friar: mechanic :dunno
    GusGus: mechanic :dunno
    Beezer: mechanic :dunno
    Barb: Seat covers and parts :sweeti
    AkDuc: Hoka Hey Native Liaison :D
    SSgt Chevy: Close air support coordinator :shoot
    Fite: Crowd Control and Security :2guns
    Mr & Mrs. Wheeldog: Forward Scouts :ricky :ricky
    Cruising Ram: Medic :kurt
    SpicyMcHaggis: Public/Private Relations Manager :feelgood
    Katoomer & Griz: Pre-Race Runners :chace :chace
    Fugawi: Navigator :cromag
    OTHERS?
  6. AKTroy

AKTroy BE AWARE OF TRAINS

Oddometer:
    When the 800 gets here I'll be guilty of all three myself. Not bashing just poking some fun.
    Railroad is considering a 7 on 7 off schedule. :tb One can only hope it comes through!
  7. Paulmer

Oddometer:
    :turkish We never bash - Only love
    Wait..... I haven't crashed a BMW yet :evil
  8. fugawi

fugawi Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You forgot one:

fugawi: Navigator:poser
  9. Paulmer

Oddometer:
    Fixed!
  10. friar mike

friar mike IronButtGruver

Oddometer:
    fixed X2:lol3
  11. fugawi

fugawi Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    fixed x3

fugawi: Navigator [​IMG]
  12. legion

legion Honking the Horn

Oddometer:
    haa ! perfect. :lol3
  13. friar mike

friar mike IronButtGruver

Oddometer:
    stay away from mine specially in the month of June.:lol3
  14. BARB

BARB Long timer

Oddometer:
    Update: Event has been delayed until 2010 because of the "economy". Guess not enough people signed up. Barb
  15. Paulmer

Oddometer:
    OH SH*T! I ALREADY SPENT THE HALF A MILLION PRIZE! :freaky :1drink :eek1 :photog :trp :beer :drums :sweeti :killen :bmwrider :dutch :strum :0-0 :icy :bert :puke2 :flush AkTroy is gonna be pissed when he finds out I spent his half too!
    Barb, Please cancel that order for the two Captain America Red White and Blue full length leather suits.
  16. AKDuc

AKDuc Alaska Born Ducatisti

Oddometer:
    Dang, and all that plannin we already put into it too!

I did kinda like their tee shirts.

Mark H.
  17. davidtn

davidtn I think therefore I ride

Oddometer:
    The event is back on and it's scheduled for June 2010.

I'll ride anything on two wheels so you won't see me bashing any brand of bike.
  18. jc_puckett

jc_puckett Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sent via Email, Fax to 605-745-6576 and U.S. Mail to The Medicine Show Land Trust, 13084 Greg Drive, Hot Springs, SD 57747. Copies to Harley-Davidson dealers referenced on your website (Southern Thunder HD by Fax to 662-349-1096).

Big Jim, Terry Baker and Beth Durham,

I have a few questions before I and a number of serious Ironbutt Rally high place finishers send you $1,000.00 and buy a new Harley-Davidson in order to compete:

Jim is the Senior Managing Partner of Red Cloud Law Firm according to your website. Please provide Jim's last name and references for the Red Cloud Law Firm on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation. My ex-wife lives in Hot Springs. Her grandmother, Coral Fern Craker, both taught at and served as principal of the Pine Ridge School for many years. She vibrated between Pine Ridge, SD, Hot Springs, SD and Mauston, WI (where she was born) for many years between the 60's and the 90's. She lived in Edgemont, SD from 1998 to 2004.

Where is 13084 Greg Drive? My ex-wife would like to come over and talk to you in person.

From the Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge website FAQ's and "pdf" files downloaded from that website:

"if the Organizer, acting reasonably, decides to call off the Event either before the Event or during the Event due to an incident (such as for example, a death or serious injury in connection with the Event, or an event that otherwise naturally detracts from the Event), such event will be considered to be a force majeure event in accordance with this Clause and the Organizer will have no liability, in particular and without limitation, to refund the entry fee or any part of it to any participant."

"You must comply with all applicable laws and regulations of the State/Country in which you are traveling, including without limitation, all speed regulations, laws of the road, laws relating to the safety of your motorcycles and laws relating to the possession or use of alcohol, drugs or other prohibited substances. If you breach any applicable laws, the Organizer reserves the right to prohibit you from participating further in the Event and you will forfeit any prize as well as any entry fees paid."

FAQ 19. 1) "Those that want to win the gold. They will be riding hard and fast for the finish line..." seems inconsistent with the "You must comply..." paragraph above. How is that going to work in reality? Who will be the arbitrators of disputes regarding enforcement of "If you breach any applicable laws, the Organizer reserves the right to prohibit you from participating further in the Event and you will forfeit any prize as well as any entry fees paid." ?

In order to prove credibility regarding the $500,000 prize money, why not put all entrance fees in an escrow account at Wells Fargo Bank in Hot Springs, SD. As Big Jim knows, a properly constructed, legally binding escrow agreement between the Wells Fargo Bank and The Medicine Show Land Trust will guarantee that the promised prize money or 80% of all entrance fees collected, which ever is the smaller dollar amount, would be available and actually paid to the winner.

Thanking you in advance for your prompt reply,

James C. Puckett
    5350 Old Dowlen Road, Apt. 324
    Beaumont, TX 77706
    573-270-5218 cell
  19. wyobohunter

wyobohunter Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Beer guzzling cheergiving supporter (non financial of course): Wyobohunter
  20. wyobohunter

wyobohunter Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Course, I say cheergiving instead of cheerleading cause my cheers prolly suck hind tit and I can't be held responsible for the actions of others.