Rideforsmiles, Solo Australian to Africa Europe and Beyond, starting June 26th 2011.

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by rideforsmiles, Jun 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rideforsmiles

rideforsmiles Sheldon

Oddometer:
    Shit that didnt work let try another Ok boring 9 hour ride from Krakow to Brno and the next morning after participating in a church service I meandered my way up to qualifying of the Brno Motogp, never thought Id find a church serving egg and bacon Mcmuffins, well come on in my world it is holy ground its just the speil is a little different "today we give thanks for the two all beef patties special sauce lettuce cheese pickle on a sesame seed bun" As I learnt in Thailand same same but different :lol3

[​IMG]
  2. rideforsmiles

rideforsmiles Sheldon

Oddometer:
    Oh look in my travels I was thinking of Ewa and our future together :imaposer:imaposer:imaposer look Im sure there is an easy way to remove sharp objects from your back its no big deal my backs sore anyway and whats a few punture wounds between friends.

[​IMG]
  3. rideforsmiles

rideforsmiles Sheldon

Oddometer:
    Some may say Im a dead man walking, arent we all its only a matter of time might as well go down swinging :lol3:lol3:lol3:lol3 I probably should of used the term go down fighting it may of been more appropriate, oh forget it :lol3:lol3
  4. vintagespeed

vintagespeed fNg

Oddometer:
    photo too dark, all i see is two white orbs.... :D
    Ninemmsig, dedad71, Seenyah and 2 others like this.
  5. Seenyah

Seenyah Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    In life some lads are born to tap dance through a minefield successfully where the rest of us would fail.
    dedad71 likes this.
  6. rideforsmiles

rideforsmiles Sheldon

Oddometer:
    Well after I tap danced through the minefield at the Brno Motogp which wasnt really all that difficult as there was only 2 landmines, I jumped on the bike and rode 530k's or 330 miles back into my little sweethearts arms and what a nice sight it was. When the gp ended I actually had no idea where I was heading but where ever it was to I needed to have a chat to Ev about it.
    While we are on Ev, hang on a second while we are discussing Ev you guys can get back in line shes gone and got herself a senior accountants job at Bridgstone here in Poznan which is fantastic she gets discounts on tyres, that'll save me like 20 f@*king bucks maybe I can now say im a sponsored rider

Ive got 5 or 6 days on my Schengen visa and Ive got to be out so any decision we make have to be done soon, you guys will know what Im doing pretty much within hours of me knowing, the old saying flying by the seat of your britches seems apt about now I could end up anywhere.

I talked to Ev about how it would be a good idea for me to go to the Philippines you never know I might find us a nanny to help with any kids of course obviously that suggestion went down like a lead balloon but I still like it :D:D:D
    dedad71, VisionPilot, BillUA and 5 others like this.
  7. rideforsmiles

rideforsmiles Sheldon

Oddometer:
    Well we have had a bit of breaking news, im applying to become a Polska resident and Ev and I will be tieing the knot, talk about jumping out of the fry pan into the fire.

We were sitting in the marriage office yesterday talking to the girl and it reminded me of sitting in the headmasters office at school when getting in trouble. I kept looking at the window thinking should I make a break for it but Ev must of sensed something cause she wouldnt let go of my hand :lol3:lol3:lol3

Talk about starting a new life adventure with a complete turn around, well the reality is no one could accuse me of not going a little overboard when I set my mind to something, when I left on this trip I thought if it only lasts a few weeks or a month that'll be ok and here I am in Poland almost 7 years later getting married and looking at becoming a resident.

In saying all that I will only be down for a little while I can always nick off to Spain Morocco or somewhere else warmer for winter while Ev works if I get the urge and I still want to do the Stans Russia Mongolia Japan Korea leg next summer as planned and at this stage be our entry back to Australia.

Its been a pretty good way to call it a draw for awhile 7000 plus kilometres through Poland Hungary Slovakia Romania and the Czech Republic including the Transfagarasan and Transalpina which Ive always wanted to ride.

It will be interesting to see how it all goes I may well end up in a looney bin but don't tell Ev I've stashed a spare key to the bike just in case :D:D
  8. sages

sages Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Better be careful if you come back to Aus and want to become a member of parliament, seems there is an issue for people with dual citizenship
    rideforsmiles and Seenyah like this.
  9. SmilinJoe

SmilinJoe Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    May I be the first to congratulate you both here on ADV! I am happy for the both of you and especially you Sheldon! You scored mate!! Now the adventure begins. :grim:grim
  10. Treadless

Treadless avoiding gravity storms if at all possible Supporter

Oddometer:
    above the soil's surface on the left coast

I suspect to stop being constantly on the move is going to be novel at first and then the wierd will set in. :twitch

:photog:jack

You've had a great run (and suspect not finished by a long shot) and done more traveling than 99.9999 per cent of worlds population ever dream of.

Best of luck on your new future!:freaky
    Seenyah and RiderRick like this.
  11. Seenyah

Seenyah Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Absolutely wonderful news. All the very best to you both. Wonderful part of the world to be in and a fantastic person to share it with.
    dedad71 likes this.
  12. vintagespeed

vintagespeed fNg

Oddometer:
    awesome! that's great news, congrats to you both! :beer
    maybe get Ev a nice marriage gift...:whip:D
    Seenyah likes this.
  13. skywarrior

skywarrior n00b

Oddometer:
    Remember Sheldon, pictures, or it never happened. Congratulations.
    Cariboostrom likes this.
  14. Balanda

Balanda No, I don't believe I will

Oddometer:
    Good on ya Sheldon,

I of course, never doubted you . . . :lol3
  15. Bucket1960

Bucket1960 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Congrats to you both.
    We'll just kick back now & wait for the honeymoon pics :lol3
    vintagespeed likes this.
  16. DrSmooth

DrSmooth I am third

Oddometer:
    Congratulations! We expect many pictures of the event and honeymoon!

Sent from my XT1094 using Tapatalk
  17. tlub

tlub Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I knew it I knew it I knew it.
    Congratulations! To both of you.
    Remember, most people deserve each other. For better or worse.
  18. rideforsmiles

rideforsmiles Sheldon

Oddometer:
    I've got just the gift well she's carried it for awhile it's what usually goes under Ev's motorcycle gear I'll see if I can get permission to post it she's a good sport in sure it'll be ok
    Seenyah, vintagespeed and VisionPilot like this.
  19. roscoau

roscoau Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You say that, but you wait until that knot is tied! You knackers will be in a nut cracker if you even look sideways at another girl.
    Seenyah and rideforsmiles like this.
  20. rideforsmiles

rideforsmiles Sheldon

Oddometer:
    I guess its important to continue on in here for a little bit after stopping an adventure it can be as hard as starting one for some people so I've read and it will be interesting to see how I go with it all.

So far I've just been trying to get some sympathy out of Ev and its working a treat she's been extra nice to me which is a bonus, well lets be honest she's always extra nice to me but she wont have to take my boots off after we have ridden all day before she unpacks the bike so the little darling has a little more time up her sleeve to show me some more attention and don't worry I'll milk that little sympathy cow for everything I can even if I have to bung on the sad face every now and then.

The reality is and don't tell Ev I'm really excited on what will unfold, it's not like I'm going to have to work to restart my life its the same feeling I had when I left home to start riding around Africa, Im off into the unknown a sort of foreign land as I know Poland now not knowing what the future holds where it will take me not that I care anymore or how long it will last exactly the same sensations when I originally left home all those years ago. Ev will be the breadwinner with her new job at Bridgestone as a senior accountant there all I have to do is be a baby making machine and hey I've done worse jobs as much as it can get messy at times but even if I tire of that work I can farm it out hahaha
    Seenyah, Scott_PDX, Balanda and 8 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.