Rideforsmiles, Solo Australian to Africa Europe and Beyond, starting June 26th 2011.

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by rideforsmiles, Jun 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rideforsmiles

rideforsmiles Sheldon

Oddometer:
    Who would of thought you could come in useful for something other than stalking Eva mate. I think you might be right on it though, the bike seems to have a lot more compression and it definitely seems to slow the bike a lot quicker using the motor than it used to and it backfires sometimes which is never did before. Would that fit into your what might happen under the cam being off one tooth.
    Seenyah, vintagespeed and RiderRick like this.
  2. rideforsmiles

rideforsmiles Sheldon

Oddometer:
    We are still riding, we are off to the other side of Poland on Wednesday Ev doesn't start work till Monday so we have a few days up our sleeve. We have found an apartment in a nice area of town I actually like it a lot and when we went over to look at it and the girl in the place underneath had a big tiger teddy sitting out her window and being a Wests Tigers fan and that she had long blonde hair I took that as a sign I would be happy there :lol2:lol2:lol2 I said straight away to Ev I think ill be able to f%^ her I mean have coffee with her :lol3:lol3:lol3:lol3:lol3:lol3 and you think I'm joking that I would say such a thing, lucky Ev knows my sense of humor by now oh yeah it was humor honey when you read this, really humor :rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl

The apartment will be in Evs name so what's the worse that can happen she kicks me out gawd if only I could be so lucky :lol2:lol2

Ev's been onto me about writing a book, my response to that was geez I don't know how to write a book ill have to read Rocky again to see how its written and get some ideas since its the last book I ever read. Yo Ewa how about a massage :D:D I joked I'd probably sit there for a few months wondering how to start it and came up with the first line in it could be "In the beginning" I bet some polooker has probably already used that to start a stupid book. :lol3:lol3:lol3:lol3 there goes a few thousand potential customers :imaposer
    VisionPilot, Balanda, Seenyah and 4 others like this.
  3. Ironchef

Ironchef Warren

Oddometer:
    Congrats Sheldon, one in a million girl you found for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Balanda, Seenyah and rideforsmiles like this.
  4. vintagespeed

vintagespeed fNg

Oddometer:
    sometimes i surprise even myself! :D

all the symptoms you describe could very well be cam timing being off. unfortunately, the only way to check it is to pull the cover and check the timing marks and that's probably best performed by someone who's good with his tool(s)... :p

write the book, i'd buy a copy. i'll put it on display in the most prized seat in the house!
    VisionPilot, Seenyah, Cloud-9 and 2 others like this.
  5. rideforsmiles

rideforsmiles Sheldon

Oddometer:
    Ill make you a calender of all the raunchiest shots of our Ev, that'll sell more than any book ill write :D

January, I reckon I might be onto something to bad all this shit is politically incorrect these days

[​IMG]
    BillUA, dedad71, VisionPilot and 9 others like this.
  6. RowBust

RowBust Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You need a ghost writer, perhaps I can help. Went for a ride, so I rode and rode and rode some more. The end
    Seenyah and rideforsmiles like this.
  7. mettalique

mettalique Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yeah I agree the timing seems to be a likely culprit. Even though it's not highly technical it does require someone who is pedantic enough to plod through the setup bit by bit. It seems odd that the mileage is down so much but again it can be valve timing. I was wondering how it was after you parked it and trotted off to Asia. It never seemed to run well after the butchering

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  8. rideforsmiles

rideforsmiles Sheldon

Oddometer:
    Can you make sure theres a full stop after the END or I might just keep going :D
  9. rideforsmiles

rideforsmiles Sheldon

Oddometer:
    Its been running Ok but if a pedantic BMW rider was the owner and it came back from the shop rattling like it is they probably would never ride it again, it is pretty bad. I think if most people heard it they'd say bloody hell whats that noise especially as it starts up. As we remember I was just happy to get the bike going back then.

Remember they did tell me the fuel pump had a crack in it I just blotted that out of memory after they firstly forgot to put the O-ring in then the second time crimping it costing me two fuel tank fulls of fuel and almost blowing me and two service stations up, im pretty sure I know who cracked that and it wasnt me. Im just hoping that works till the bike goes to the scrap heap or I can replace it for a lot less than they used to cost, about 800 bucks from memory.

It still runs and the reality of it is with a 160 000 ks on it and been used fairly hard in all terrains its not worth much anymore more the sentimental value to me and even though I call it my baby its just a machine I use to get to somewhere a bit like my legs which by the way get far less work lol speaking of which Ev wants to go for a walk and a ride :D
  10. RobBD

RobBD Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    +1 for the book - and how about whacking photos and videos together so we can buy that as well - it'll be way way better than anything thats on TV thats for sure, especially if some of the calendar shots of Ev are in it.
    vintagespeed, Seenyah and SmilinJoe like this.
  11. SmilinJoe

SmilinJoe Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Howdy Sheldon,
    Surely there is a ADV rider in Poland that could lend you a hand on getting the bike back up to top notch. I see no need on taking her to a BMW dealer. As Vintagespeed would say, Your servicing Ev, so no need to take your baby to a BMW dealer.:lol3 But on a serious note, get the timing checked before you destroy her. Looks like you are going to have some down time from traveling. So get her squared away, she has been good to you.
    Seenyah likes this.
  12. Seenyah

Seenyah Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I think I would go with the calendar. You'll be surprised at the number of politically incorrect people there are in the world.
    SmilinJoe and vintagespeed like this.
  13. vintagespeed

vintagespeed fNg

Oddometer:
    ...if the law makers had political position like Ev, I'd get behind it! :D
    Seenyah likes this.
  14. mettalique

mettalique Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    At 160000km it's only just run in surely?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  15. RowBust

RowBust Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    No,hope it never ends
  16. just jeff

just jeff Long timer

Oddometer:
    GOOD DOG!! Out of internet for a week and the whole world changes!
    Congratulations Sheldon and Eve!! I am so happy for the both of you!:clap:clap:clapI can't think of a better match. Eve....Strong, smart, tough and beautiful, Sheldon......Sheldon..?..? ?...Oh yeah!! Sheldon a great lover....well I had to come up with something.....:jack:rofl:jack Seriously I wish you many years of continued happiness and marital bliss!
    Best Regards....just jeff
    DrSmooth, Cariboostrom and Seenyah like this.
  17. DetoX68

DetoX68 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    O wow, a palm tree...... :-)
    Seenyah, Cariboostrom, sages and 2 others like this.
  18. Balanda

Balanda No, I don't believe I will

Oddometer:
    Would you be happy enough with your Wee Strom in your current situation, how would you rate it for eastern europe ?
  19. rideforsmiles

rideforsmiles Sheldon

Oddometer:
    If you were considering the Weestrom for Eastern Europe or anywhere else in the world it would be great, the 2007 model I had the braking system could of been improved but they have ABS now and I'm sure they have improved them over the last 10 years. The only thing I would suggest on the Weestrom is guards for the blinkers and the levers if and when they go over they are almost guaranteed to brake costing you a pretty penny to replace, chuck on a bash plate and away you go. Would I buy another one, well I had a 3 months and 20 000+ k test ride so the answer would be for sure 100%. The 70 horsepower on the newer models isn't that far down the scale when it comes to fun on the European roads when you find them either.
  20. tlub

tlub Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Don't know if this is what you need, but it looks like a replacement fuel pump is 57 GBP.
    http://www.fuelperformance.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=92_90_98&product_id=251
    But since it is in-tank, not sure how it would leak like yours did. Maybe something else?
    I agree you need to sort the fuel pump (or leak) and the cam chain. When cam chains get that loose, they then get expensive really fast. That is preceded by a loud noise, then silence as you coast to a stop.
    rideforsmiles likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.