Rider Missing in Mexico

Discussion in 'Latin America' started by TeeVee, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Dr. Benny

Dr. Benny Enjoying the Journey

Oddometer:
    Yes, it's from Harry's mom. The details have not been set yet.
  2. Dr. Benny

Oddometer:
    (Details from the Help Find Harry Facebook page)

Plans for Saturday, August 16th.

Saturday, August 16th at 10:00 in the morning the service of celebration for the life of Harry Russell Edouard Devert will be held in Chester Park, between Maple, Walnut, Birch and Chestnut Avenues in Pelham, New York. There will be a reception afterwards, a gift of Harry's friends the Julianos. "What a family!!!"

Before lunch there will be a group picture of us all in Harry's signature pose in Harry's "back yard", Chester Park. If you too would care to bring a beverage or fruit or a dish to the reception as some have asked to do, that would be a welcome tribute to Harry's appetite but know that the meal that awaits you will be delicious, as all who have experienced Juliano's hospitality can attest.

There is a zero percent chance of rain Saturday. The forecast is partly sunny with a high of 81 degrees, (81 = Harry's birth year) "How great is that!" Please join us as we remember all the Good times! Harry was so thankful for and commit to embracing the good times in our own lives, because, as Harry said, "Everything's a miracle!"

- Ann, Harry's grateful Mom who is especially grateful to the officers of the Chester Park Association for unanimously saying Yes! to this and to the Community Church of the Pelhams, Harry's home church, which was ready to alter their Saturday schedule to accomodate us. The weather is cooperating so we shall have the celebration where Harry would like it best, out of doors.
  3. Keithert

Keithert Long timer

Oddometer:
    Can someone that will be attending record this and upload to You-Tube?
  4. Dr. Benny

Oddometer:
    It looks like that is the plan. Here's the latest update from the Facebook page:

Saturday Request

Nick and Jenn of superiorinsound@aol.com will be doing both a music and a photograph montage for the service and they would like your input.. If you remember music or songs you associate with Harry, please send their names to Nick and Jenn . Also, if you have photographs you would like to see included in the photo montage, please send those to Nick and Jenn as well.This will supplement the top-notch video made for the fundraiser dinner. I apologize for the late notice but this wonderful opportunity has just arisen and I hope we can take advantage of it.

We are going to try to have someone make a video of the service to send to people who are disappointed they will be unable to attend, people like Maya Boyd (Ann: "I wonder what you would have been like if you'd been born a girl." Harry: "I would have been Maya.") whose tiny son Claudius must get a passport before he can travel and must be at least two weeks old before he'll be allowed on a plane. He'll be ten days old on the 16th so his Mom will have to be with us in spirit as she attends her growing boy's appetite.. People like Ivonne Butler who spent over a thousand hours on the search for Harry, whose heavy-duty family responsibilities are keeping her in Dallas, and Mary Villagomez from Coacoyul whose call for me to go down and search for Harry myself got Eric Anderson from Rio de Janeiro and me from New York to Guerrero to begin distributing flyers, initiate radio and newspaper advertising and finally carry our effort over the top with the posting of billboard-sized banners in Zihuatanejo and Petatlan, Mary can't get a visa in time for Saturday. So many of you all over the world, living your good lives, connected to your families in sickness and health and sadness and joy who will be there for us in spirit but somewhere else at ten o'clock Saturday morning. We are going to make a video to have available for you.

So PLEASE everyone who will be attending, be ready with a Harry story to be preserved for posterity. And all of you who have photos or song/music ideas, send them to Nick and Jenn at superiorinsound@aol.com. It will mean a lot to Harry's family of friends and to

Ann, Harry's Mom
    not to mention Harry who will be keeping an eye on the proceedings either from Cloud 9 or right next to you whispering in your ear, "What? No dancing?!!!Let's move out of here and party at the beach!"​
  5. Dr. Benny

Oddometer:
  6. ApexJeff

ApexJeff Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Salute
  7. MikeMike

MikeMike Long timer

Oddometer:
    Salud
  8. Misery Goat

Misery Goat Positating the negative Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    +1

A nice tribute to a fellow traveler.
  9. pdedse

pdedse paraelamigosincero

Oddometer:
    Que en paz descanse
  10. mopulga

mopulga Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thank you for sharing these.
  11. flei

flei cycletherapist

Oddometer:
    Vaya con Dios, Harry.
  12. AZ4us

AZ4us AZ Explorer

Oddometer:
  13. studad

studad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    no shit. that's pretty cool
  14. jfman

jfman Long timer

Oddometer:
    Montreal (traveling Americas June '17 to May '18)
    So can we assumen he purchased some stuff for personnal use and that wrongly put him on cartel's radar?
  15. SkizzMan

SkizzMan aka SkiddMark ;^)

Oddometer:
    I wouldn't assume that.
    GHOC likes this.
  16. TeeVee

TeeVee His mudda was a mudda!

Oddometer:
    i'm gonna catch hell for this but it's high time the authorities fought fire with even hotter fire. these insanely evil gangs have to suffer. i am 100% in favor of torturing them in public before they are executed. and i mean long, slow, medically extended torture that lasts for weeks. it should be televised. it should be as evil as evil can be.

they understand ONLY violence. as such, they should be treated that way.

saddam hussein was an evil muther fucka but he kept those crazier fucks in line...by killing them and their families. we fucked the puppy by killing him and now look what we've created.

oh, and legalize weed so 1/2 of their business disappears INSTANTLY
  17. TeeVee

TeeVee His mudda was a mudda!

Oddometer:
    shit! only if they stick pins in their eyelids and hold their heads in vices...
  18. beechum1

beechum1 Dandole Gas al Burro

Oddometer:
    There was a documentary that just came out called cartel land. I haven't seen it yet but I want to. Seems to intersect with some of this discussion.
  19. SkizzMan

SkizzMan aka SkiddMark ;^)

Oddometer:
    Saw it right after it was released. Somewhat interesting documentary on vigilantism in Arizona and Michoacan. Current state of affairs in Michoacan is significantly defined by this movement and it's not all good, to say the least. "We will protect you" quickly evolved into "we control you". Or something like that.
  20. OK Lucinda

OK Lucinda n00b

Oddometer: