Rider Missing in Mexico

Discussion in 'Latin America' started by TeeVee, Feb 5, 2014.

1. beechum1

beechum1 Dandole Gas al Burro

Oddometer:
    I'm going to watch it tonight or tomorrow before it leaves the cine. I've been trying to get around to it the past month, I'm just going to go do it. The trailers and other clips make this a must see for me.
    SkizzMan likes this.
  2. kantuckid

kantuckid Long timer

Oddometer:
    Y
    Bannanaman, you were asking him-I get it, but I'll steal the moment with a few of my own feelings...

I read in my Lexington,KY newspaper this week (my nearby bluegrass horse farms, blue blood, LALA Land shop & eat out spot thats thought of as a safe locale) that they're at 13 murders for this year to date. That's far from including the shot someone who didn't die number. All are drug & alcohol related , maybe a drunk feud thrown in here or there.
    No disrespect to Harry but he's one human caught in the wringer in another country with it's problems, no doubt. Seems I find myself far more worried over those we face here as the USA is where my kids and their kids will live.

Yeh, I know which forum I'm in.

I do feel strongly that the Mexico safety issue is overwrought! Never have I spent time(lots of it over many years!) in any country where people are more trusting and courteous than Mexico. Try having fun in public with a strangers juvenile in the USA vs. Mexico. The difference in the trust level there says it all.:nod
    I'm not shooting for a "would YOU vacation in South side of Chicago ? type of "cliche' moment" here either":*sip*
    SkizzMan likes this.
  3. kantuckid

kantuckid Long timer

Oddometer:
    For the record: I recently made the move of placing a 9mm in a safe beside our upstairs bedroom bed. I'm not CWC yet ...
    Factually, some of the more recent (past few years) deadly activity in Lexington,KY has been Hispanics in drug or human trafficking/sex related crimes. And no, I'm not trying for a Donald Trump related thing here!:doh
  4. TeeVee

TeeVee His mudda was a mudda!

Oddometer:
    while i've had a CWP for a decade, i'm not generally speaking about run of the mill violent crime. i'm talking about gangs, cartels, isis--the real fuckin luny mother fuckers that kill more for fun than anything else. yeah, we have our share of cinema mass murderers here, but that wasn't my point. although if we can find those crazies, i say kill them too,

better to kill than to allow them to kill.
    SkizzMan and BillUA like this.
  5. kantuckid

kantuckid Long timer

Oddometer:
    Kiko, I suppose you might have noticed I was NOT trying for a :locoTrump:loco type statement above???
    (FWIW, my oldest son's GF :nomysteryfrom Colombia was our guest last week-we're not Hispanic haters here at my house!) I was simply passing on what I read & see on the local news. Nothing scientific about it but fact is that an obviously large number of the major crimes are involving Hispanics over in Lexington, especially the drugs and sex trade crime arrests.
    And no, I'm not after "likes" here and I don't post in FB or tweet,etc.. Here on ADV IS my social page!!! It is what it is and has zero to do with expats this or that crap. Expats are there for all the reasons- from top to bottom. I believe they have actually made movies wherein the bad guy was headed for Mexico, am I wrong?:augie
    In my immediate area of eastern Kentucky it's not the case,that Hispanics are the drug news,etc., as most are local pill heads or a strong mix of dirty doctors and a few pharmacists thrown in too along with a dirty LEO now and then(not many!) and a few county officials too.
    Sadly this USA drug thing I -sort of-brought into this thread ( I'll stop after this one time of making my point of view & facts clear & it's back to hanging Harry's killers) involves lots of people. Few weeks back, our (somewhat local) newspaper had my oldest son's catcher from a really good American Legion baseball team from few years back & same photo op showed his old HS GF's little brother too-he was a college level shortstop and both from good families. One a teacher the other a fast food general manager.

No family escapes.:cry

It's sad and the border with Mexico is not a defining part of this huge problem of drugs.

FWIW, nothing I've said here is to infer that Harry had anything to do with a drugs!!!

I'm a gun guy but will admit to a distaste for the vigilante solutions being tossed around here...:nod

Now, back to the topic! :bow
  6. OK Lucinda

OK Lucinda n00b

Oddometer:
    http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/compare/Mexico/United-States/Crime

Scroll to bottom, select 'crime'.
    The best movie about CA, hands down, from the last five years is http://www.lacamionetafilm.com/

It's on iTunes. Download it if you loved Guatemala. Or hated it. If you're too lazy to, you're missing out.