1. ADVRIDER Print Magazine!
    We're doing two more print magazines year. July & November. 144 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase both for $35.
    Dismiss Notice

Riding Across Europe - Girl, Suzuki VanVan and 12 000km

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by LadyCruiser, Aug 27, 2011.

1. LadyCruiser

LadyCruiser Everything Starts With a Dream

Oddometer:
    11.09.2011 Montenegro

It's a small country with a beautiful landscape. When I first saw the sea during our trip .. felt the extra dose of energy.

Montenegro - Narrow, winding roads, sea and mountains .. what more to add while riding a motorcycle? :norton

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. Packer

Packer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Scotland, wonderful biking when it's dry (rarely)
    2.2 ltrs/100Km = 129 miles per UK gallon = about 97 miles per US gallon (I think). Fantastic, a vey cheap way to travel and a better way to see the what you are travelling hrough than a big bike at 120Km/hr.

Some great pictures as well ladies.
  3. LadyCruiser

Oddometer:
    12.09.2011 Italy

To Bari we arrive by the ferry at 8 am. Italy greeted us with hot sunny day. The first 300km we just struggle with the heat from the sky... and the road we were riding .. lack of shade, full of garbage and prostitutes - we didn't think that south of Italy would look like that?!? When we reached the Isernia as if by magic wand views changed a picturesque towns full of narrow corners to the mountainous landscape ... and so to the L'Aquila.
    We started searching for accommodation in this city, the GPS showed us a number of hotels, guest houses ... but to our surprise the city was under repair, well, we thought at first that they
    renovate historic buildings. After riding a few more streets we get hit that's not possible that they renew the entire city. Suddenly we noticed that there wasn't even a one window lit. All the banks, restaurants are empty ... something's not right ... then I remembered the press release from two years - an earthquake in L'Aquila ... we found ourselves in the middle of the city-like plan for the film " I Am Legend "...
    And how we managed to find accommodation ... this we'll tell on another occasion.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  4. LadyCruiser

Oddometer:
    13.09.2011 La Dolce Vita...

After a morning of Italian coffee we moved into the direction of Pisa. On Suzuki VanVan's we wander Umbria, which delighted us with small towns and cozy houses with shutters. When we pulled into the Tuscan .. we were aware that unique moment... but the views from the previous region... it was hard to bet them ;)

As always... we reached Pisa just before dark. As usual
    accommodation we found by accident .. but who knows .. this may not be cases ... maybe this places find us ;) We stayed in Hostel Pisa which's a warm place where travelers from around the world find their pier in the stages of the journey. After the 460 km in the saddle we had to stretch tour legs. We moved to the center, which turned out to be divine! Full of young people, beautiful streets ... and leaning Tower at night - priceless!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  5. LadyCruiser

Oddometer:
    14.09.2011 Corner's Land

After Pisa time came for Piacenza, where the friends (from Intruder Owners Club Italy Club ).
    As it turned out the city Piacenza was one of the prime, which was founded by the Roman Republic it had to guard the borders of the empire.

After the meeting with a pleasant and wonderful specialties of Italian food we moved in the direction of Nice by the route proposed by our hosts: Piacenza - Bobbio - Genova and then along the coast to Nice .. and to be honest so many turns i haven't seen in my life even in the Alps and the Dolomites! There were thousands of them!

A Genova itself? This jungle-bikers! So many scooters and motorcycles.. not seen anywhere else and how they ride! That can not be described ...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  6. LadyCruiser

Oddometer:
    16.09.2011 FRANCE!!

It's almost 5 000 km behind us ... Cote d'Azur greeted us wit lit promenades, sea shimmering in the moonlight and visiting Monaco where we spent the night, which was unforgettable. Now is the time to relax in the sun over the water to recharge the batteries before traveling further.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  7. LadyCruiser

Oddometer:

Unfortunately... our shared journey was much shorter than I assumed. Yesterday Carolina decided to abandon the continuation of Riding Across Europe.

After long deliberation, I decided to go on alone, I know that I will not be the same trip, but the dream riding on a motorcycle around the Europe still smolders in me ... so I'm going to follow it - because life is an adventure ... and Suzuki VanVan is greedy to ride more kilometers. Keep your fingers crossed and send positive energy!

[​IMG]
  8. LadyCruiser

Oddometer:
    21.09.2011 Monaco

I try to soak up every moment... because I know that everything is happening "here and now" and will never happen again ... Yesterday I visited Monaco, one of the smallest countries in the world. It enchants his charm and splendor and "these" cars on the road! You do not know whether to look at the sea or on the cars passed.

A had ride through the streets where it's the Formula 1 Grand Prix - and the feeling... priceless, even VanVan seemed to be more.. predatory. Could riding alongside sports cars gave him wings?!?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  9. LadyCruiser

Oddometer:

<OBJECT id=tts class=inlineimg title=Grin border=0 codeBase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=5,0,0,0" alt="" classid="clsid:D</OBJECT>
    Nice is a magical place! Yesterday I circled the streets of the city looking Suzuki service. In one the guy laughed at me, because it stated that the free time to do the warranty service is only after three weeks i didn't commented that fact and decided to look further.. until I finally found the service HI BIKES where the men took care of me (or rather VanVanem) instantly. Their reaction to the story of the expedition on a little "125cc" was great .. they took their cell phones and began making pictures with me & Mr.VanVan.

HI BIKES was magical place for me also from other reason. Just before leaving Poland. Agnes -Polish woman mail to me with information she's gearing up for the first motorcycle expedition in the Cote d'Azur. Because of the sheer volume of events that have taken place in recent days I couldn't contact her, but I knew that within this period of time she will be in the Nice. When I ride to Suzuki HI BIKES someone gal greet's me in polish it's Agnes!! It turns out that at the last few kilometers of their journey she unfortunately invaded the curb and had to return the motorcycle to the service.

Coincidence?!? Some things happen because somewhere up there is so recorded or some magical magnets cause certain events ... I do not know ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  10. LadyCruiser

Oddometer:
    23.09.2011 Provence

I'm just somewhere in the middle of Provence in the house which has more than 100 years and was renovated by its owners personally. It's like a dream ... I do not believe that this is happening.
    And this is precisely the whole trip .. You do not know when and where someone draws a helping hand. Today I was tgrasp bye the nice french marriage ... what will happen tomorrow ... time will tell!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. SgtMike

SgtMike facebook.com/mikeraces

Oddometer:
    for my trip next year!!!!! Thanks for sharing your trip, what a great ride! Planning my trip is underway, your photos are keeping me motivated!

Ride on!
  12. LadyCruiser

Oddometer:
    It was exactly the same with me :) I was reading ADV forum for few years, pal's in work were laugh and I didn't stop dreaming. And one magic day guess what... :lol3
    Now I'm laughing :D
  13. Riceburner63

Riceburner63 Starting Over

Oddometer:
    Very cool ride!

Now I wonder if I'd even need a 650 to do a walkabout.
  14. enduro0125

enduro0125 Sticks and Stones™..

Oddometer:
    Go LadyCruiser. :clap

I just returned from a European trip as well.
    Loved your city called Krakow.

Very nice trip report,and outstanding photos.
    You have a good eye for pictures.
  15. LadyCruiser

Oddometer:
    24.09.2011 Pyrenees

Another magical day ...

Views unearthly, mountains in clouds, the roads through the rolling rocks. Small villages consisting of several houses ... how to stop these fleeting moments?

I am in a small town near the border Puilaurens (Spain). Under roof embraced me "crazy" Briton - Ali, who organize motorcycle trip's in the Pyrenees. I've already planned for tomorrow beautiful route to Barcelona, all thanks to my host. I'm glad that Suzuki VanVan likes the corners, because there will be a lot - apparently ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. LadyCruiser

Oddometer:
    25-26.09.2011 Barcelona

Greetings from sunny Barcelona!! After an idyllic views, it's time for a vibrant, full of young people and two-wheelers city
    p.s.
    Kalina, Javi thanks for your help!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. LadyCruiser

Oddometer:
    27.09.2011 Valencia

After energizing Barcelona, &#8203;&#8203;it's time for Valencia. It's hard to believe that this city is in the shadow of Barcelona, the beautiful architecture, plenty of cafes, restaurants, ... The ideal place for a weekend.

And how's the riding... well, the sun heats well but the breeze from the sea cools the air. Today, I was bitten twice by the bee in the neck (good that on the side not centrally ...) I just realized that I could be in real trouble!! So today I decided to wrap tightly my neck by scarf. Even at the expense of a few extra drops of sweat ... Tomorrow I'm heading further towards Cartagena.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  18. LadyCruiser

Oddometer:
    28.09.2011 Bella Vista

It's amazing how quickly views have changed, I drove by the regions, which have more resembled a sun-scorched Africa than to the south of Europe.

I spent the night at camping, where I met several interesting travellers. Additionally I could "reset" on the fresh air. Just me and the bike ... :norton
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  19. LadyCruiser

Oddometer:
    29.09.2011 Marbella

I spent night in house of charming polish woman who live in Spain for more than 33 years. She show me Marbella ... This city resembles a Cannes (France). It is full of exclusive boutiques, you can see on the streets Ferrari, Rolls-Royce or Bentley..
    But my attention attracted only architecture of this region. White Andalusian-style houses!

p.s.
    I started day with the rain and ended with temp. +38 C

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  20. Shibby!

Shibby! Long timer

Oddometer:
    Great pictures and story. Thanks for posting.

You do have an eye for photography!