Riding Across Europe - Girl, Suzuki VanVan and 12 000km

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by LadyCruiser, Aug 27, 2011.

1. LadyCruiser

LadyCruiser Everything Starts With a Dream

Oddometer:

Thanks Shibby :thumb
    I'm still riding 2 000 km left to reach home. In Saturday I ride to Brussels and tomorrow "riding across".. Luxemburg.
  2. turnenem

turnenem TBD

Oddometer:
    Great pictures and trip so far!
    Keep up the good work!
  3. mrbreeze

mrbreeze I keep blowing down the road Supporter

Oddometer:
    outstanding!

:clap:clap:clap
  4. Wheat State

Wheat State Adventurer

Oddometer:
    What a great adventure for you. I love your attitude! :clap
  5. liorsmotoride

liorsmotoride Lior's moto ride

Oddometer:
    Very nice girls
  6. Dobryj

Dobryj n00b

Oddometer:
    Beautiful girls!!! Magnificent travel! :clap:clap:clap
  7. LadyCruiser

Oddometer:
    Thanks guy's for support!! :)
  8. LadyCruiser

Oddometer:
    01.10.2011 Gibraltar!!

Yesterday (Friday), I arrived at Gibraltar with the Shogun (Suzuki VanVanem). It's good that I had a "little" baggage, because it was windy terribly. If the VanVan wouldn't be loaded I would certainly write to you from Morocco :D

It was a special day for me because I crossed the halfway point of travel. Noow I can say that I'm "coming home".:norton. I've got twice as many kilometers still to ride, probably a lot of adventures, fabulous scenery are waiting for me ...and lots of great people to meet. I can't wait for next kilometers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Chiriqui Charlie

Chiriqui Charlie Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    All I can say is "WOW!"

You are fortunate to have such magnificent country to travel through, and it looks like you have been blessed with fantastic weather.

I have a question. Your photos are among the best that I have seen on this forum. Would you tell me how much experience you have had as a photographer, and what camera equipment you are traveling with? You have a very good "eye"
  10. Shibby!

Shibby! Long timer

Oddometer:
    That's such a fun looking bike... For some reason I don't think me being 6'4" would look so "fun" anymore..

Keep it up. We all enjoy the updates.

I'll hopefully be starting one soon here to show my progress and start to my trip south. Exactly 1 week left!
  11. liorsmotoride

liorsmotoride Lior's moto ride

Oddometer:
    Jak ci sie podoba nowe Suzuki ? powodzenia w trasie :)
  12. balkanska

balkanska n00b

Oddometer:
    Looks like you gals had a great time, fantastico photos.:wings
  13. LadyCruiser

Oddometer:
    01.10.2011 Seville

Fate again smiled to me :D Members of the Suzuki VanVan Moto Club took care of me in Seville. And everything happened quite by accident - the magic of motorcycling! I'm met some guy (Paco) on the gas station he wrote about me on the forum... and boom!! "you've got mail!!" :clap

All the spanish cities are different ... so far.. the most charming for me was Seville. Which despite many sites do not lose youthful vigor, thanks to its residents. The city is the capital of Andalusia, which is full of fabulous views, which will always remain in my memory.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My heros!! :clap

[​IMG]
    boboneleg likes this.
  14. LadyCruiser

Oddometer:
    I am a total amateur!! I use Samsung NX10 and if I could be honest.. I use automatic functions in 90% of situations. But after your words guy's I start to think about photography course when I return. :D
  15. enduro0125

enduro0125 Sticks and Stones™..

Oddometer:
  16. E-man

E-man 4-4-09, 12-6-09, 1-13-10

Oddometer:
    Lady Cruiser, your photographs are amazing, such a great eye for blending the VanVan and the scenery, amazing...

:clap:clap:clap

I also want to add, I dont know crap about real photography but from the great ride reports on this website, at least one thing is common, NOT facing an object head on for a photo...Check out Lady Cruisers few pics above from Spain, nothing is a direct head on photo and it adds depth and a different view...Great stuff
  17. Klay

Klay dreaming adventurer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    What a great story. And I want a van van, too. :lurk
  18. LadyCruiser

Oddometer:
    02.10.2011 Portugal

The magic of the ocean make that I decided to rest. I found a cozy camping where I rest for two days ... staring at the waves crashing on the cliffs. :nod

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  19. LadyCruiser

Oddometer:
    04.10.2011 Cabo de Roca

Cabo da Roca is western most extent point of the continental Europe. Yesterday along with Suzuki VanVan - we gained him :pynd

The surroundings are fabulous, and Sintra located right next to ... is a completely different world, having in itself something mystical ... what a pity that I didn't have time to see it closely ... there are streets so steep and narrow that while riding that I didn't have even a chance to take a pictures to the nicer buildings, because either there is a risk of falling or collide another vehicle.

The whole day was a challenge for me... because I had to ride over 500 km with a tour of the sightseeing it's really a lot! and this temperature!! (well, that outfit Modeka is prepared for that kind od challenge's and ventilation provides breathability). Hostels in Porto are closing at 23! ! ... I started to thing how will I make it as I began to struggle with fatigue and sometimes my own weaknesses. Once I have arrived to Porto, I found myself in a square: "well, nice and where is the hostel?!?" I started to climb the stairs, where there was no end .. The two old ladies came up with the help and 22:40 I was able to check in StepHouse, but struggling with my own weakness was not the end! Hostel was about 200 degrees from where I leave VanVan, and yet there was no time for whining ... when I brought all my luggage to the top .. I did not want to sleep, my heart was pounding as mad from the effort. I admire people from this city, who walk in the heat thoose paths every day.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

boboneleg likes this.
  20. rubyeb

rubyeb lets go somewhere

Oddometer:
    Hi Veronica. Early in your trip, you experienced the same problem I have. I like riding with friends, but it is so hard to have everyone so motivated to make the whole trip. I don't know why this is, but like you, if I can't go in a group, I go anyway. I wonder how much the little Vanvan's contributed. Decades ago as a fit and trip teenager, my first Portland, Oregon to Los Angeles trip was on a 1971 Honda cb750. That trip was not off-road, but Interstate 5 was not the multi-lane freeway it is today on some stretches.

I hope you will continue to comment here from time to time. Thanks for taking the time. It will be very memorible to you for your whole life.

Kevin