1. ADVRIDER Print Magazine!
    We're doing two more print magazines year. July & November. 144 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase both for $35.
    Dismiss Notice

Riding Across Europe - Girl, Suzuki VanVan and 12 000km

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by LadyCruiser, Aug 27, 2011.

1. iz4dja

iz4dja traveller inside

Oddometer:
    bellissime ! very very very nice !!!!:clap:clap:clap
  2. LadyCruiser

LadyCruiser Everything Starts With a Dream

Oddometer:
    Brussels cd.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  3. NightShadow

NightShadow Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Veronica - Great ride report - Pics are Fab - Doing this on a 125 - amazing. Glad you kept going & kept your dream adventure alive.

4. enduro0125

enduro0125 Sticks and Stones™..

Oddometer:
    V,
    your pictures are getting better and better!
  5. vtwin

vtwin Air cooled runnin' mon

Oddometer:
    Great pictures, keep them coming.
  6. LadyCruiser

Oddometer:
    I read all your comments and I can't stop smiling :rayof
    They give me energy and I start to look on other maps and once again I start to dream :norton
    And certainly
    I will find some photography workshop to develop my photo skills ;)
  7. TwilightZone

TwilightZone Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Damn... I'm on a diet. Chocolate waffle with bananas?

[​IMG]
  8. Yannick

Yannick Asterix the Gaul

Oddometer:
    Hello, young Lady,
    I just have found your report today, so congratulations for your trip, and for having found the strengh to go on alone when your "friend" left.
    It seems you just missed the nicest part of France, extreme west : Brittany ... :D
  9. IDRIDR

IDRIDR Take me to the River Supporter

Oddometer:
    Bravo :clap

Great report. Looking forward to the next one.

Cheers:beer
  10. LadyCruiser

Oddometer:
    yes.... Brittany have to wait, like Paris and Florence for "next time" :pynd
  11. LadyCruiser

Oddometer:
    18.10.2011 Amsterdam

"God created the World, and the Dutch created the Netherlands" it's an old adage which says a lot about this country and the people who resides this land. Land on which they live has been torn from the Northern Sea and a large part of the country is below sea level!!!

Today I had the opportunity to visit Amsterdam - colorful city with positive energy, thousands of bikes and hundreds of channels make this place unique. Too bad I couldn't stay here longer ... but unfortunately I have to slowly finish this travel nothing last forever...

p.s.

I would like to thanks a certain Dutchman for assistance in organizing accommodation ... Martin - THANK YOU!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  12. dimitris_greece

dimitris_greece Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for sharing your trip.. It must have been a true adventure! Why didn't you come to Greece?? You came all way down here, you should have made a short stop :-)
  13. LadyCruiser

Oddometer:
    20.10.2011 Berlin

I wake up at dawn, according to the rules of the pilgrims house ... I jump on a motorcycle at 9:00. Before start I look at the sky and I ask myself would it be gracious to me today? I decide to take a chance and don't put on a rain suit and shoe protectors.

As soon as I go out from the hostel I see dark clouds ahead and my comment is brief: "oh shit Shogun ... again!?" Fortunately after a while gps shows me the way into the sun, which shines only for the first 30km then I begin to struggle with temperature, which is 5C (as it seems to me, " in the sun", which have been overshadowed by the clouds ... wet asphalt, moisture in the woods that I pass make it feel like I rode in the frost.)

After every 60km I try to make a short stop on a petrol station's, to drink something hot. At some point after 90km (losing hope for the station) I stop in shares of desperation at the roadside bar I ask for tea, lady nods in the negative way, but then she propose: "maybe soup?". I choose goulash, as this looks the most "human" dish in this place ... just to warm up. And so from stop to stop I reach Berlin, when I see in a front of me the Brandenburg Gate on my face again appear smile, because I recall why I decided to make this trip, not a "
    exclusive
    " all-inclusive vacation with "guaranteed" weather.

"Riding Across Europe - ... realize your dream, because life is an adventure."
    :wings

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  14. Packer

Packer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Scotland, wonderful biking when it's dry (rarely)
    A great story, I'm glad that you had the courage to continue alone as I'm sure that you are now. It's getting late in the year and colder but you must be home or very close to it by now.

That little Suzuki has served you well.

Thanks for the report and photographs, I'll be looking out for the next trip report.
  15. Falco

Falco Adventurer

Oddometer:
    What a great story :clap
    Congrats for your courage, determination and strength, for not giving up when seeing yourself alone on the road.
    Once again we have a proof that what's important is the spirit and the will and not the type of the bike, the maker, the year etc.
    Thanks for sharing your story and the pics. They are awesome :clap
    Waiting for the next installment.
  16. zandesiro

zandesiro In rust we trust....

Oddometer:
    Awesome trip...!!!:clap
  17. japslap

japslap Japslap

Oddometer:
    i keep re reading your adventure and looking at your fantastic pictures,the story of your fabulous gran and just got to say you are an amzing young women veronica,your gran must be very very proud of you and the journey you've made and i bet she would have given anything to come on the ride. well done for a fantastic ride report and for making such an awesome trip.
  18. jharrell

jharrell Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Awesome trip and photos.
    Found the thread and read it all in one sitting.

Congratulations on realizing a dream. To many people in the world never try....
  19. hardroadking

hardroadking Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Veronica, you take beautiful pictures. It's been fun to follow your ride. Stay safe and keep posting your great prose and pictures.
  20. LadyCruiser

Oddometer:
    22.10.2011 Poznań :clap

When I crossed the Polish border the joy overwhelmed me. I'm almost at home, I can almost say "succeeded." But with cheers of joy I have to wait more than 300km because I decided to stay last night of this trip in Poznan.

The city surprised me very pleasantly compare to Berlin. Old Town is beautiful, full of clubs, cafes, young people. On all sides you hear languages ​​from around the world.

p.s.

The day before I got an email from another Polish rider who wanted to meet me somewhere on the Polish border. I sent him my number via e-mail, but then I quickly jumped on the bike and I was going ahead without a stop (a long time crossing the border) suddenly the reserve lights in my VanVan I passed some "strange stations" where I did not want to stop. I started riding on the fumes, until suddenly I found a large station and what I see!?! I hear horn, someone waving to me. It was Mark who spent at the gas station nearly two hours waiting for me to just shake my hand and congratulate the expedition. It was a very nice gesture from a completly stranger.

(If not the lack of the gasoline I wouldn't probably stop because I didn'tt read a text message from him, as you can see life directs us, so that certain events could took place)
    :norton

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]