Riding around Java Indonesia

Discussion in 'Asia' started by TrackHack, May 17, 2009.

1. L0nerider

L0nerider 2003 XT600E

Oddometer:
    E Yorkshireman...divided between Chum Phae & Iraq
    Rob, I aint got a clue about renting in Indonesia but you can get an IDL/IDP from the Post Office. Mine cost me a fiver when I got it last year to come across the Thailand and Laos
    If I remember rightly you need passports photos and your normal licence and it took them about 10 mins to make for me.

Wayne
  2. RobFinch

RobFinch n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi Wayne. Thanks for that. I was reading that the IDL needs to be issued directly from Indonesian Police so I'm not quite sure if that counts. I assume that by Post Office you mean the one in UK? Did you have any issues in Thailand and Loas with police?
  3. RobFinch

RobFinch n00b

Oddometer:
    Can any one who has experience guide me through riding in Java, like highways, sight seeing - Mt Bromo, Kawa Ijen -, beaches, etc... Also safety on the road, precautions and how to keep the bike safe during nights and when it is unattended, especially in remote areas.
  4. L0nerider

L0nerider 2003 XT600E

Oddometer:
    E Yorkshireman...divided between Chum Phae & Iraq
    Yes Rob in the UK and no I didn't have any problems, for the sake of a fiver its worth getting
    Also try the Horizons Unlimited site

Wayne
  5. RobFinch

RobFinch n00b

Oddometer:
    Brilliant L0nerider. Thanks
    L0nerider likes this.
  6. Koos

Koos Wheeled Wanderer

Oddometer:
    Hi, I am currently in Cirebon, West Java for work. I was wondering if I could rent a bike for a ride.
    Any Indo ADV'rs in the Cirebon Area?

Cheers
  7. andyhol

andyhol volcano rider

Oddometer:
    Buy a secondhand honda verza for around 8 million. Get the seat recovered, add risers and a braided hose, a rack and bash plate from a crf150l and fork extensions and you'll have a great adv bike that'll get you anywhere you need to go. 20191110_130558.jpg