1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Riding Around the Hood

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by Apple Jam, Feb 9, 2011.

1. BlackdogADV

BlackdogADV Long timer

Oddometer:
    I bought a WR250R there without issues. I consider them more of a boat/RTV dealer than a place to buy motorcycles anymore.
  2. woodrc

woodrc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I
    I haven't bought big ticket items from them but they can order a large variety of parts next day from their supplier. Has helped me out a few times.
  3. Apple Jam

Apple Jam Forest Flyer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I never bought any vehicles from them, but I've gone there to buy front tubes (many, many times :lol3), oil & antifreeze when I don't plan ahead, basic handlebars for the DR200, gloves, and I bought my first helmet there. All those things were priced competitively, with no gouging at all. I've also had some service done there years ago on my boat's gimbal bearing and they replaced my 990's chain & sprockets when I was a n00b and couldn't do it myself. Everything worked as it should when they were done and service cost seemed reasonable.
  4. El Pacifico

El Pacifico Long timer

Oddometer:
    For the last two years or so, I’ve been buying our tires there. A tire purchase comes with a free mount and balance. Not a bad deal. Tubes are extra. I take the wheels off our bikes and drop them off, a few hours later I come back. What’s not to like about that?
    I also get some consumables there.
    We don’t have Yamaha’s so that’s pretty much where it ends. However, if I was going to buy a Yamaha, that’s most likely where I’d buy it.
    Good bunch of guys.
    BobcatSig likes this.
  5. throttlebody

throttlebody Boregonian

Oddometer:
    First season update on the 4610 rd. Still lots of snow about a mile past the gravel pit at 2200 feet. Prolly another month. MP

Attached Files:

6. tdewitt

tdewitt gas'n it

Oddometer:
    We did the same on Lolo yesterday. made it a mile or so beyond the short gravel section before finding a Subaru stuck in a shaded area drift.
    El Pacifico, Apple Jam and outbacktm like this.
  7. DiggerD

DiggerD DougFir from SuperDuke Days

Oddometer:
    Here is a youtube fix for ya AJ.

Works for me !

Apple Jam, RainRider45 and unclehoot like this.
  8. layzrider

layzrider Layzrider

Oddometer:
    DSCF1967[1].JPG
    Made a nice loop yesterday, out of Mosier. The main hurdle was a patch of snow on the 1720 / Skyline road. The patch was about 100 yards long, at the summit, about 4300' ?
  9. layzrider

layzrider Layzrider

Oddometer:
    DSCF1966[1].JPG
    Sorry about the out of focus photo. I took it rather quickly as my friend was right behind me.
  10. HellsAlien

HellsAlien a has-been that never-was

Oddometer:
    Hit snow yesterday 10 miles north of Trout Lake on road 23.

Huckleberry shakes are now 7 bux at the cafe, takeout only. Still worth the trip.
  11. JP4

JP4 Thumper Geek

Oddometer:
    Went up Booth Hill, Pinemont/17 yesterday and finally got through after weeks of trying.
    After 17 I went east on 1720 to Kneble Springs campground. Had to ride through one small stretch of snow for about 30 yards, then it was dry. Kneble Springs campground area has no sign of snow. Rode up Five mile Butte and there's no snow up there either, though the gate is closed at the top. From there tried to get to the Bottle Prairie parking area on 1720-120 (Rail Hollow Rd) but was turned back by a few big drifts 1/4 mile from the parking area and Rd 44. Then I went 130 past Pebble Ford Campground and South on 4420 towards 15 mile. Turned back at 4,800'. After the heat wave this week, most everything should be melted out.
    Lolo still has a ways to go from friends that were up there yesterday.

Screenshot_20200505-104207.jpg IMG_20200504_172745483_HDR.jpg
    Apple Jam, BobcatSig, spova and 7 others like this.
  12. albacore

albacore Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'd be pretty surprised if it's possible but has anyone tried 7010 from Molalla to the Collawash?
  13. TourPros

TourPros Local wherever I go

Oddometer:
    Anyone riding around the gorge ? I’m just looking for day rides no camping
  14. Capo Rick

Capo Rick Please understand... Supporter

Oddometer:
    Might be rolling out to WA side to check out NF-60 Carson Guler rd. Never been there before. Any tips?
  15. Commiehunter

Commiehunter Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Have fun. There's a lot of roads up there, most of them in pretty good shape. Do stop at the ice cave.
    BobcatSig and Capo Rick like this.
  16. krussell

krussell Gravel Warrior Supporter

Oddometer:
    Start in Stabler, it's a great road, but the paved part has a lot of frost heave and other fun surprises. Head on in to Trout Lake for lunch at the Chevron if they are open. Don't forget a flashlight for the cave.
    Commiehunter and Capo Rick like this.
  17. pointsunknown

pointsunknown Explore. Dream. Discover.

Oddometer:
    Take out only at the Trout Lake Cafe (chevron). But it's still mighty tasty.
    BobcatSig and Capo Rick like this.
  18. TourPros

TourPros Local wherever I go

Oddometer:
    No idea. Never ridden any of those areas but I am game lol.
  19. Capo Rick

Capo Rick Please understand... Supporter

Oddometer:
    Well, I’m heading out Sunday out of North Portland and looping back in the afternoon. Expect about 5-6 hours. I’m solo as of now, but game for anyone wanting to join. Will be in Hood River about 11 and Trout Lake about noon for a snack
  20. krussell

krussell Gravel Warrior Supporter

Oddometer:
    We started out today with a plan to loop up to the McClellan overlook then back past the the reservoirs. There was a car vs bike accident about a mile from the overlook and the said it would be hours and turned us around. No details on the accident. We decided to backtrack to Stabler and take 60 over to Trout Lake but ran into more snow than I want to fight with just past Goose lake. It was 3993 feet at the photo. We backtracked via 65 back to Carson. We did get solid intelligence from a riding buddy that the Cafe in Trout Lake is serving up their usual stuff.

IMG_1251.jpeg