Riding as much as life allows

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by FAMILYRIG, Jan 11, 2020.

1. FAMILYRIG

FAMILYRIG n00b

Oddometer:
    I started riding dirt at age 9 and acquired my motorcycle license at age 15. Fast forward years later to four kids at home has left me pulling my Cruiser out of the garage to wash and put away every few months with no real rides. Recently I have lost a couple of friends and family members close to me and started to realize life is to short to not do the things you love. Purchased a 2005 Goldwing a little over a year ago for the wife to have a comfortable seat. Will probably being looking at a dual sport down the road but for now we are loving this new ride.

This is my first RR so please bear with me... still trying to figure out posting on this site. I will be using this for my own memories to hold me over before the next ride.

After getting comfortable with the bike the wife and I took a day ride from Lodi over Hwy 88 to Lake Tahoe. This was fall and the weather was already changing. (I will get better with pictures over time)
    TAHOE JENN & BIKE.jpg TAHOE 2.jpg

I rode as much as possible in 2019, unfortunately the majority of it to work & back in Rocklin. I was able to sneak out for a two day trip leaving the hot valley heading through Sonora over Sonora Pass to Bridgeport for the night.

Pinecrest Lake (drained for the winter snow ahead)
    RIDE 11.jpg
    Shots from Sonora Pass
    RIDE 13.jpg
    ride 8.jpg
    RIDE 4.jpg
    RIDE 7.jpg

Virginia creek settlement south of Bridgeport. Good food and such a cool place to stay.
    RIDE 2.jpg
    RIDE 12.jpg
    RIDE 10.jpg
  2. FAMILYRIG

FAMILYRIG n00b

Oddometer:
    A few more pictures from Virginia Creek Settlements. Many different options to stay in for the night from Covered wagons to old store fronts. If you don't mind sharing a bathroom for the price I thought it was great!
    ride 14.jpg
    RIDE 17.jpg
    Ronzo69, EZMoney, bobw and 2 others like this.
  3. FAMILYRIG

FAMILYRIG n00b

Oddometer:
    Leaving Bridgeport I continued south down 395 to the June Lake loop & Mammoth mountain. I have never been down 395 and realized I need way more time to truly explore this area.
    RIDE 18.jpg
    RIDE 5.jpg

Due to my limited time line I had to turn around and head North. I did have enough time to take a detour over Ebbetts pass to Lake Alpine for Lunch. Went back over Ebbetts pass through Markleeville then Hwy 88 over Carson Pass to meet the wife and kids at our camp spot in Bear River. Accomplishing 3 mountain passes in 2 days made for some amazing riding. That big bike is a lot of fun to throw into the twisties.
    ride 15.jpg
    RIDE 1.jpg
    B10Dave, tjzondrz, popscycle and 4 others like this.
  4. FAMILYRIG

FAMILYRIG n00b

Oddometer:
    Snuck out a couple days after Christmas for a quick ride to Middle Bar bridge. (couldn't handle 4 kids all home for break....) Middle Bar Bridge gives access from Valley Springs to Jackson over the Mokelumne River. When I was a kid the bridge was closed up for a number of years & I used to camp out with friends and fish all night. Lots of trout in that river. The road is pretty beat up but taken slow it can be done on the big pig. I do see a GS or Africa twin in my future though...
    mid 3.jpg
    mid 1.jpg
    mid 4.jpg
  5. Tim the Enchanter

Tim the Enchanter Adventurer

Oddometer:
    (I will get better with pictures over time)

Not sure how you will do that. Pics are beautiful! And the wife rides with you? You really got it goin' on, my man.
    squidchief, FAMILYRIG and eaglescan like this.
  6. bobw

bobw Harden the phuck up

Oddometer:
    Congrats to you and the Mrs. Great you are back riding and bonus points that you both are able to enjoy some 2 wheeled fun. The GW is a great tourer and I meet riders on them routinely with 300-400 thousand miles on the clock. Enjoy!
    FAMILYRIG likes this.
  7. Fireman1000

Fireman1000 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Keep your knees in the breeze.
    FAMILYRIG likes this.
  8. RJ44

RJ44 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great pics so far. Love the Goldwing. You have a lot of fantastic roads and sites around you. Hope to see more pics from your travels.

Rob
  9. keithg

keithg Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Wife looks HAPPY!
  10. RedDogAlberta

RedDogAlberta High Plains Drifter

Oddometer:
    I'm hoping for a better year. 2019 was nearly totally lost. Poor health slide and then I lost my balance walking the Roadster out of the carport and broke my collarbone in late May. There went the entire summer. 2020 can only be better.

43 years riding and never a crash or laydown of any kind. Then a broken collarbone WALKING a motorcycle at ZERO mph.