Riding, Geocaching and Exploring . . . .

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by Ladybug, Jun 9, 2013.

1. Ladybug

Ladybug Bug Sister Supporter

Oddometer:
    Spokane Valley, WA (the dry side of the mountains)
    5/21/18 thru 5/23/18 Gambler 500 Mini Bike Enduro

My van loaded and heading to the Off-Road Vehicle park, south of Prineville, OR.
    [​IMG]

To haul my XR100 in the back of the van I flipped the cot on it's side to make a little more room. It worked but not well. This week I'm in Portland, OR to attend a couple of events and while I'm here a new bed is being created for my van. Most of the work was completed on Sunday and it was painted so dry time was needed. The installation will be done on Wed. and I will be able to show you pictures of the new set up. I'm excited about it. :clap

Back to the mini-bike race.

[​IMG]

Our camp was set up and a little decorating was done. My XR100 was being used as a pit bike.
    [​IMG]

The mini in pristine shape just as it was unloaded.
    [​IMG]

Rainbow007 and LC Garage taking Jax for a little walk.
    [​IMG]

A few things are seen in camp the first day.
    [​IMG]

Kootenai Rider taking the XR100 for a little spin.
    [​IMG]

Everyone was having fun. With the bikes being minis there wasn't a lot of dust kicked up as people were doing their Fri. evening test rides.
    [​IMG]

Coming in by the bus load.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Gambler 500 is a car event however they have expanded into the mini bikes. Here's one of the cars bringing in a mini.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Gambler500 website: https://www.gambler500.com/

What Wikipedia says about the Gambler 500 Rally: Mostly off-road Rally-Style Navigational Adventure using cheap, impractical or fun vehicles. Participants are encouraged to spend no more than US$500 on their vehicle; however, this limit is not enforced. Vehicles can be modified with no cap, but as public roads are used they should still be in compliance with the law. The Gambler 500 began in Oregon, which is now known as "OG500", the event has since spread across the United States, Canada (Gambler 500BC) and Iceland (G500ÍS). The motto is "Always Be Gambling″ abbreviated to "ABG".

Since this is a Ladybug report a flower is a must.....Out in the high desert, this was the best I could do.
    [​IMG]

I'll be back in a bit with the race pictures.
  2. Ladybug

Oddometer:
    5/22/18 Mini-Bike Enduro

People were encouraged to dress in costume and decorate their camps. With this being the first time to do this and not knowing how much would be done by others the team decided to play but be a bit conservative at the same time. I had already decided to dress up like a ladybug so I was ahead of the game. We decided on a red white and blue theme and wear coveralls. Pads fit under the coveralls so we weren't out there riding unprotected cause those minis are dangerous. :lol3

Little Red (LC Garage's wife) had gone out and got decorations for camp. Rainbow007 and I had done the same as well as some decorations for the minis.
    My van and Rainbow007's pickup:
    [​IMG]

We weren't sure what the guys would think of the minis being decorated so we didn't ask and just decorated them while they were in the RV having breakfast. :D
    [​IMG]

When the guys came out they were good with the decorated minis and the fun was on.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

We put magnetic dry boards on the side of my van to keep track of all the riders. One of the riders girlfriends took on keeping times as they passed the van.
    [​IMG]

LC Garage, LittleRed and their dog Jax.
    [​IMG]

Team members getting ready. There were three minis and 10 riders (I think, I forgot who was all riding)
    [​IMG]

And here I am:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The top of my helmet. :lol3
    [​IMG]

TwinDuro getting his lips kissable soft so if he meet the lady of his dreams out in the woods he's ready for her.
    [​IMG]

Jungleman was a crowd favorite. He was even featured the next year in the Gambler500s website.
    [​IMG]

Rainbow007 ready to do her part. She had injured herself so she wasn't able to ride. She would be our official timekeeper. We had two people keeping time, one at the van and
    rainbow007 at the official board.
    [​IMG]

It was a lot of fun checking out all the bikes.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Another look at this one.
    [​IMG]

This is where Rainbow007 would spend the day. We put stickers on our cards so we could find them amongst all the other scorecards.
    [​IMG]

Other riders getting signed in and visiting before the riders meeting.
    [​IMG]

Riders headed for the riders' meeting.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Our group headed to the riders' meeting. There was a heard of us.
    [​IMG]

One of LC Garage's racing buddies showed up to cheer him on.
    [​IMG]

The starting line up. The more experienced racers in our group would do the start with the hopes of getting the holeshot.
    [​IMG]

Little Red is always there with LCGarage encouraging and cheering him on. She's the best and so much fun to hang with.
    [​IMG]

The race officials changed their minds about the start and decided it was going to be an engine off running start so everyone left their mini and lined up for the start.
    [​IMG]

And the run is on.
    [​IMG]

TwinDuro was headed to the wrong mini so he had to do a jag to get to the correct one.
    [​IMG]

They are all working on starting their bikes, these are pull starts. LC Garage's mini was being stubbborn.
    [​IMG]

Jungleman got a good start and this is the picture that has been posted all over facebook and that the Gambler500 is using. It's a pretty cool shot.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Things started getting dusty. I was glad my turn to ride wouldn't be until the third lap.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Looks a tad cramped.
    [​IMG]

The "Sheriff" bringing up the tail. He had siren going as he rode by.:clap
    [​IMG]

More to come . . .
  3. Ladybug

Oddometer:
    The Gambler500 Minibike enduro continued.

LC Garage coming in to swap riders after his lap.
    [​IMG]

TwinDuro after his lap.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Andy off riding one of his laps.
    [​IMG]

My turn. At 63 years old I had never raced. I love watching friends race but never had a desire to do it myself until this came up. I decided it was time to expand my horizons, so to speak.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Kootenai Rider went out on the course to get a few pictures of me. Things had cleared out with the start and first lap so I wasn't out there with a lot of riders speeding past me.
    [​IMG]

My goal was to stay upright and complete my laps when it was my turn to ride. Here I'm coming in after my first lap and I didn't crash.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'll never be a racer, I don't have the competitive spirit, but it was fun doing it this one time.

Serious conversation, this doesn't look good.
    [​IMG]

Uh oh, the chopper is up on the stand.
    [​IMG]

Parts were needed for the fix and parts that weren't brought with.
    [​IMG]

As the chopper's riders thought their ride was over LC Garage wandered off in search of parts. I don't remember what was needed but it was a substantial part. LC Garage found a team that had a parts bike with them and told him to take was needed to get the chopper back in the race.
    [​IMG]

Needless to say this race is all about fun. The chopper is back in the race.
    [​IMG]

Time to pit TwinDuro and Andy's mini.
    [​IMG]

This is what the two Coleman minis looked like at the end of the race. The chopper lost a little time so it was still out on the track.
    [​IMG]

One of the air filters after the race.
    [​IMG]

Rainbow007 would hold a bike here and there for riders as they marked their time. This guy was great he's in his late 60s (if memory serves me) and he did the entire 100 miles. He told me it was easy since he was used to riding hardtails.
    [​IMG]

I award this guy, best in class.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I asked him to pose for me in front of the board.
    [​IMG]

This one would be worst in class. I don't know what the issue was but he came in, threw the mini to the ground and was yelling something about he was done.
    [​IMG]

His buddy now is doing something with the mini and the rider looks like he was crying.... spoiled sport?
    [​IMG]

This is the time card for the team I was on.
    [​IMG]

We decided there needed to be a bit of a fan fair when the chopper came in so a finish line was created.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Check out that wheelie.
    [​IMG]

This view of the wheelie is more impressive.
    [​IMG]

The riders of the chopper.
    [​IMG]

The entire team including our support.
    [​IMG]

There weren't very many bikes/teams that finished the race. All three of ours did. Just completing it is something and we did it. Afterward we were all a little tired but happy with the day.
    [​IMG]

The hats came out.
    [​IMG]

TwinDuro looking good.
    [​IMG]

I don't know what happened here but all of a sudden TwinDuro and Little Red got up and did a jig.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Kootenai Rider was looking at bit tired but he was still having a good time.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Kootenai Rider brought me a hitch hauler so the XR100 didn't need to go back in the van. It was a good thing since it was so dirty I even stopped at the car wash in Prineville to clean the van and XR up before heading home.
    [​IMG]

I'll be doing this again in 2020. :clap
  4. Ladybug

Oddometer:
    More fun with minibikes. These are some of the fun people and minis I spotted during the day.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This was my favorite.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

He was having fun.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I hope you enjoyed seeing all the pictures of the minibikes and my story about my first race.
  5. B10Dave

B10Dave Long timer

Oddometer:
    Love the whole post Ladybug. Thanks.
    Ladybug likes this.
  6. Ladybug

Oddometer:
    Thank you. I wasn't sure if anyone was even looking at this thread.
    airheadbruce, B10Dave and Bob like this.
  7. Shady Pass David

Shady Pass David Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Looks as if there are 3 of us right now......Better than watching the tube!.....:norton.......
    dammitdave and Ladybug like this.
  8. Ladybug

Oddometer:
  9. Metalcarver

Metalcarver Geezer Berserker Supporter

Oddometer:
  10. freewheelin'

freewheelin' Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I check in often, looks like you have a lot of fun.
  11. Ladybug

Oddometer:
    Metalcarver, are you hungry? :lol3

freewheelin', I do have a lot of fun. Thanks for checking in.
  12. The Virginian

The Virginian Long timer

Oddometer:
    Great updates Ladybug and thanks for sharing!

Eric
    Ladybug likes this.
  13. Ladybug

Oddometer:
    Thank you. There is a lot more to come as I work on bringing this up to date. :D
  14. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Long timer

Oddometer:
    I loved your "racing wings". :lol3
    Shady Pass David and Ladybug like this.
  15. LittleWan

LittleWan You can do it!

Oddometer:
    Hi Ladybug,

So good to see you posting here again! Great update.
    I love your whole outfit, but this little face on the back is so cute!

[​IMG]

The jig photos crack me up - awesome. :thumb

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nice report and great job racing!
    :ricky

LW
    Ladybug likes this.
  16. Ladybug

Oddometer:
    The mini bike race so fun, so many laughs. Our team will be doing it again in May. If any of you are in the area come watch the silliness or better yet get a mini and join the fun. https://www.minibikegambler.com/about
    B10Dave and Bob like this.