Riding, Geocaching and Exploring . . . .

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by Ladybug, Jun 9, 2013.

1. Ladybug

Ladybug Bug Sister Supporter

Oddometer:
    Spokane Valley, WA (the dry side of the mountains)
    It's nice of you to ask.

The bike was totaled which didn't surprise me. Of course, it can't be replaced for what it is valued as. I bought the salvage and will have the repairs done to make it safe to ride. The cosmetic parts will remain scratched or whatever. It won't be as nice looking as it was but it will be ridable. I received the check for that on Monday.

I have a nice street bike so that eases the disappointment a bit that my BMW isn't so nice looking now.

The bruising on my leg faded but my leg continues to be sore. I'm going to a physical therapist and hopefully will be healed soon but at this point it looks like my riding season is over. I go to PT twice a week for Oct. then once a week after that depending on how things are going.

After dealing with the insurance company for a month I got frustrated and called an attorney. I still haven't been reimbursed for my helmet and jacket both inexpensive but I would still like to be reimbursed. I asked for Rainbow007 to be compensated for her fuel and time for coming and getting me and hauling my bike home. I was told they wouldn't do that. They didn't want to compensate me for my injury since I didn't want to go to a Dr. office and take a chance of being exposed to covid to have a bruise looked at.

I didn't want to go the route I'm going but I this took me out of the fall riding season and things I intended to do this fall. I planned to ride my Harley to TX to spend a month there then fly home leaving the bike there. I would have flown back out the first of March to ride to Daytona Bike week and spend another month in TX before riding home. That won't be happening now.
    airheadbruce likes this.
  2. Comrade Arturo

Comrade Arturo Veterinario

Oddometer:
    Dealing with insurance companies is frustrating :baldy Hopefully 2021 will be better for you.
  3. Ladybug

Oddometer:
    I'm sure it will be for me and everyone else too.
    B10Dave, PNW Buttercup and klaviator like this.
  4. NSFW

NSFW who else would love noobs? Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    wow....expecting your trip nothing but smooth. sorry to hear about the accident and what you have to deal with. 2020 really sucks!

take care and feel better.
  5. Ladybug

Oddometer:
    Thanks
  6. PNW Buttercup

PNW Buttercup Dancing with dirt roads...

Oddometer:
    We live to ride another day... glad you got your leg checked out and are on the mend friend.
    Ladybug likes this.
  7. Ladybug

Oddometer:
    Thanks. As much as I dislike missing riding this fall I am so thankful it wasn't much worse.
    Oldschoolrocker and B10Dave like this.
  8. Ladybug

Oddometer:
    It's time for an update. I'm walking without a limp now and I can walk up and down my stairs again too. Wahhhhooooooo, the physical therapist did wonders on speeding up the healing process but it still took two months. After being down for two months my strength in my legs and my balance is off a tad but I'm working on that at home. PT gave me exercises to work on I bought a balance board and a stationary bicycle to regain strength and balance. I will be in tip top shape for spring. :clap

For 2021 I have rides planned, some I planned for 2020 but between Covid-19 and getting hit by a truck they were canceled. @PNW Buttercup and I have the northern portion of IDBDR to finish and we will do that in 2021.

In case any of you have an interest in a campout in the Hells Canyon area I will be hosting the Wallowa Valley Adventure Jamboree again. The Beater Bike Bonanza will be combined with the Jamboree. Even though they are different types of events I think they will mix well.

Here's the thread for that: https://advrider.com/f/threads/wallowa-valley-jamboree-beater-bike-bonanza-noobs.1476044/

I hope all of you have fun plans for the winter months.
    ullukk, B10Dave, SoPaRider and 13 others like this.
  9. BHlvr

BHlvr Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Wonderful! I'm happy to hear that you are well on your way to full recovery!
    Ladybug likes this.
  10. N-Id-Jim

N-Id-Jim Long timer

Oddometer:
    Glad to hear you are on the mend... you got a big gig coming in June, better get ready ! :clap
    Ladybug likes this.
  11. Ladybug

Oddometer:
    Thank you so much.

Thank you. I will be ready, plans are already being worked on. :evil
    BHlvr likes this.
  12. sector

sector Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hi @Ladybug :wave. I was checking up on the Hells Canyon campout and clicked on your tagline and found this thread! Guess I've been missing out on your exploits for awhile now! Do you have an idea of the timeframe for your N. IDBR ride?
  13. Ladybug

Oddometer:
    Hi Sector, [​IMG] It's nice to hear from you. Right now things are up in the air again/still with my plans for riding this summer. I don't have a time frame on the N. IDBDR and it will probably have to wait until next summer.
  14. sector

Oddometer:
    A real bummer on you getting run over and injured!! :muuttMy summer is in the air, too. Making plans now that I might have to break at the last minute for everything. Still crazy times, 2 countries, border closures, and dealing with post-injury stuff.
    Anyway... Now you're retired!!! Wahoo!!:wings

If you decide to embark on that IDBR ride... well... I've done most of the N. part, but would do it again... :evil
  15. Ladybug

Oddometer:
    With spring being here I have gotten out a few times so it's time to bring this current. I was reading a thread about how to write better ride reports and a couple of people indicated they don't like "stop" reports. Reports that are cluttered with all the stops along the way, the food eaten, etc. They want to read about riding. I thought a lot about that since this and any report I have done is about my stops, etc. since that is part of the fun of the ride for me. I was thinking about not adding any more to this or doing any more ride reports but after more thought, I decided I would continue. If others find the stops boring they can move on to a ride report they enjoy more. Hopefully, there are at least a few people that enjoy the stops along the way.

Each year in March @NSFW hosts the dEATH vALLey nOObs rALLy he works hard making this happen and people have a terrific time. I decided at the last minute to head to Death Valley and the nOObs rALLy.

It was pouring rain as I loaded the van and trailer. I had also decided last minute to drop my mini bike off in Baker City, OR with @LC Garage since he was going to change the footpegs to get it ready for our minibike race May 1st.

Both bikes loaded and I was headed for Baker City.
    [​IMG]

Yep, the weather was a bit stormy.
    [​IMG]

In Baker City I was able to spend time with LC Garage and Little Red visiting and planning for rides ahead. The next morning we met for breakfast where Teeny and @Jungle Man joined us. It was nice seeing the two of them since they were engaged since the last time I saw them so I got to congratulate them.

On the road I checked out Rome a little. I like these small towns with mom and pop businesses.
    [​IMG]

It was cold and windy when I stopped but I enjoyed seeing the pretty mountains in the distance.
    [​IMG]

Too bad the bike is on a trailer here. If it wasn't it would make a much better glamour shot.
    [​IMG]

I stopped in Winnemucca, NV for the night. I took a walk, went to dinner and admired the chiefs on the light poles.
    [​IMG]

The next morning was chilly.
    [​IMG]

Gas Station coffee, & Cinnabon with a banana and strawberries for breakfast. Yummy.
    [​IMG]

Next stop will be to drop into Death Valley.
    [​IMG]
  16. Hiff-Hiffs

Hiff-Hiffs Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I read the same posts about how to write ride reports that were not about the "stops". And while I can appreciate it, I truly enjoy reading about the stops too. For me, half the fun is seeing and experiencing the things along the way including the hole-in-the-wall dining places I wouldn't otherwise know existed, sights to see, and the interesting places out there to explore. Someone might not know that Steptoe exists in their own back yard if they don't see it in a ride report. Riding and ride reports are about the road traveled as much as they are the ride along the way.
  17. sector

Oddometer:
    Your frost photo would make good wall paper :-). Oh, and before you drop down into Death Valley, stop and take another shot kind of like that with the camera on the road. Looking forward to following you on your trip! :lurk
    B10Dave likes this.
  18. black 8

black 8 motography memories...

Oddometer:
    I just found that thread and read a couple of the last pages...

I write my reports to record my memories like a photo album with my own words so that way I can relive those memories long after I've hung my riding gear for the last time.
  19. Ladybug

Oddometer:
    Thanks for posting that. I always enjoy ride reports that tell about the things they see and the places they eat. It gives me ideas of places to go that I might not find otherwise. You're correct about Steptoe, it surprising how many people haven't gone to the top when it is right there within a short distance from Spokane, WA.

Since I'm back from Death Valley already I'll have to return to get the shot right before dropping down into the Valley. Do you want to go with me? :ricky

I enjoy your reports.

I do admit that writing reports lets me relive the ride over and over. I'm overly sensitive and what I read made me think I was wasting space on ADV. I had to remind myself that not everyone likes the same thing and not to take things personally.
  20. BHlvr

BHlvr Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I enjoy this thread and others that post info and pics about their stops along the way. It can be just as much about the journey as the destination, in my opinion.