Riding in Tuscany

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by tagesk, Dec 9, 2007.

1. tagesk

tagesk Tuscan rider

Oddometer:
    You may be aware, Sir, that the Firenze - Siena is only surpassed by the Firenze - Bologna in lack of
    maintenance, no emergence lanes, speeding and being dangerous in general.

The via Aurelia is much better (or, in this case, less bad)

[TaSK]
  2. DS Guy

DS Guy Being is my doing

Oddometer:
    Tagesk, I am touched by your extensive thoughts and their documentation. Hope you will find what you are looking for. Have, and am, enjoying reading your trip reports and (self-) assessments. IMHO anyone can go on vacation, no matter what the employment situation: vacation = a period of suspension of work, study, or other activity, usually used for rest, recreation, or travel. (from dictionary.com). For myself retiring has led to ongoing discussions of what I would really like to do and what I feel I am obliged to do, like being productive in the job-related sense. And I still automatically tend to go with the productive part, but at least now I catch myself and steer the other way, ah, mostly. A learning process. Wishing you very well and looking forward to read more of your thoughts.
  3. DrSmooth

DrSmooth I am third

Oddometer:
    So glad you are back! Love your pictures and writing. Ride safely!
  4. tenderfoot

tenderfoot PRJ

Oddometer:
    Wellcome back Tage !!!
    I too am approaching the work vs "work" stage in life, with some trepidation I might add.
  5. Grouik

Grouik Bike & Beer

Oddometer:
    Thank you Tageske, As usualy, I enjoy every singel words of your report.
  6. Blader54

Blader54 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I do not know how I missed this part of the adventure....perhaps the long quote w/photos threw me off and made me think nothing new had been added, when the new was sitting quietly upstream in time from the quote. Another fabulous post, Tagesk. The route, the food, the serious thoughts: so much to ponder.
  7. tagesk

tagesk Tuscan rider

Oddometer:
    Sir,
    I have in fact landed a job (without quotes!). Good for me.
    In a few weeks I'll be sitting alone in my apartment in Oslo, Norway. Not so good.
    But I'll have time to continue the report from Sardinia.
    So hold on a little while - please!

[TaSK]
  8. g®eg

g®eg world's fastest drone

Oddometer:

:clap congrats on the job (if it is what you want & where you want it).

looking forward to the next installment
  9. Blader54

Blader54 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Happy to wait.....the reward for waiting is so excellent!
    Yes, it sounded as though you would like to experience the contrast between work and vacation again. Perhaps one gives the other needed meaning?
  10. tenderfoot

tenderfoot PRJ

Oddometer:
    Still waiting ?

:D
  11. bent forks

bent forks Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    TaSK

Is everthing alright? I know you are working but I bet we all thought there would be some updates from
    where you are living. I am sure you took your bike and were riding in the good weather!!
  12. yamalama

yamalama wet coaster

Oddometer:
    + 1
  13. Blader54

Blader54 Long timer

Oddometer:
    The wait must continue a while longer. I don't know that he did much riding this past summer. I am thinking that the bike enjoyed the Tuscan summer without our hero's steady hand. I am certain that this wonderful thread will resume one day but I do not think we will have reports from 2013.
  14. musicman

musicman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sad, one of my favorite ADV threads ever, not to mention losing a fabulous host in Italy. Good fortune in the new job.
  15. Blader54

Blader54 Long timer

Oddometer:
    i did not mean to imply that he will not return. I believe he will be back, but I do not expect a ride report soon. When? Can't say, except to suggest that in this, as in many things, a certain degree of faith is required. Do not give up hope!
  16. DrSmooth

DrSmooth I am third

Oddometer:
    Looking forward to the next report!
  17. Blader54

Blader54 Long timer

Oddometer:
    It has been a long winter and feeling the need for some Tuscan sun, what better report to read again? Also I had forgotten about all of the links in post #1 to Tagesk's other reports. :D
  18. Bazoom

Bazoom n00b

Oddometer:
    I now read the whole thread, and what an amazing read it has been. I'm also a native Norwegian, but will keep my reply in English for all the non-norwegians out there.

Originally I registered on this forum to thank another rider for his report (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56682&pp=15), but I felt the need to post again.

Tage: it is amazing that you spent so much time and effort to document your travels, your life and your thoughts. Well written, with a solid dose of humor but also reflection and curiosity. I really wish to thank you for sharing, and also for inspiring me to engange in some examination of my own life as well.

Crossing fingers for further reports from you. And if you ever pass by Lier, I will be happy to invite you in for some "coffe" and some lunch ;-)
  19. Blader54

Blader54 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Truly a report like no other. I hope there will be more.
  20. RivahRider

RivahRider Windrider

Oddometer:
    <hr style="color:#575757; background-color:#575757" size="1"> Have started looking through threads that my late husband enjoyed. (cancer strikes again) I miss riding., this may be next best thing right now. So glad I kept this account alive for so many years...a little weird, but now it seems OK.
    Will have to learn protocol as I proceed. I Hope there will be more reports also.