Riding North Carolina, TN and VA

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by Extremenc, Jan 23, 2017.

1. Extremenc

Extremenc NC Mtn. Man

Oddometer:
    Well. I have to quit delaying and get serious about selling my Bike. I have ridden just about everything you can think of, but have had some of the best riding of my life on this bike. It does everything so freakin good! There are lots of pages on this thread where you can see pics of it. I am glad to report that except for a couple times sticking my foot in a hole at a standstill, I never laid it down. Consequently it is in near perfect condition. I learned over the miles that I enjoy riding as lite as possible, so right now, and in the pics below, it has everything taken off. I still have the rear seat and rack, the excellent Vario-Bags, everything that it came with new. It is a 2012 Triple Black Premium, and I would like to get $9,400 for it. That includes a new Saddleman gel touring seat too. Please help me sell it if you can. IMG_1693.JPG IMG_1697.JPG IMG_1703.JPG
  2. bobw

bobw Harden the phuck up

Oddometer:
    The triple black is one of the best looking GS offerings regardless the year and the 2012 has what many believe is the "Best" R engine configuration (I tend to agree as much as I enjoy the LC). This is so much motorcycle for the money and well cared for by a gentleman we all are the better for having met. GLWS!
    CoatsEast, CheapB, Extremenc and 3 others like this.
  3. Mainrollman

Mainrollman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    A0E30974-16B8-4342-B2FF-088A496907B0.jpeg
    Anthony Creek Rd, Collettsville NC
  4. stinkfinger

stinkfinger Chickenfat dirtbiker

Oddometer:
    Wake up! whose riding?
    65 today! why so many exclamation points!

Tony
    CoatsEast, Shekinahglori and bobw like this.
  5. Rusty Rocket

Rusty Rocket Life behind "Bars"

Oddometer:
    Been pretty quiet lately. I'd love to be out riding but I'm in Florida. Post some pictures of curved and hills. None here and im missing them
    bobw likes this.
  6. Slambo

Slambo B-52 RN

Oddometer:
    Hey, Stinkfinger and Rocket...no pics, but despite knee surgery couple weeks ago, I made it out for about an hour today...never know when you’ll get another chance this time of the year!! Just imagine a C14 carving up hwy 107 (check my avatar)...there’s your pic Rocket and here’s a few !!! for you Stinkfinger!
    bobw and motocopter like this.
  7. bobw

bobw Harden the phuck up

Oddometer:
    Been getting in at least 200-300 mile short rides every week, but not many photos as it's been rainy, cloudy, terrible foliage, etc. Stopped here at Lake James a couple of weeks of go. Nov2018 Lake James.JPG
  8. Shekinahglori

Shekinahglori Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I got out for a couple hours today on the parkway. Originally, I'd intended to come down the gravel through Bent Creek, but the gate was closed...Oh well, still a gorgeous day to buzz around in the sunshine!
    bobw likes this.
  9. tireatr

tireatr Let's go for a ride

Oddometer:
    Bob it was a strange day Sunday. I drove (cage) through Lincolnton in the pouring rain Sunday morning to arrive in LS to the clearing fog at 11:00am. Rode 150 miles in 65-70 degree weather with brilliant Sun. I didn't plan an organized ride bc I didn't know if anything would pan out and for the Piedmont folks it looks like ti didn't.

Oh well, You retired folk can go tooling around today. it's supposed to be 70 in the foothiils again.
    bobw likes this.
  10. scfrank

scfrank Old farts riding club. Supporter

Oddometer:
    I think I’ll take you up on that!
    bobw likes this.
  11. tireatr

tireatr Let's go for a ride

Oddometer:
    10 more years Frank, 10 more......
    scfrank, bobw and Wind Junky like this.
  12. CheapB

CheapB Long timer

Oddometer:
    my riding has been pretty scarce since my trip. :( I really need to get out! Just been a busy year this year.
    bobw likes this.
  13. Mainrollman

Oddometer:
    There won’t be much riding in the coming weeks if this coming snow storm is as bad as they say it’ll be. I hate Winter.
    1stgenfarmboy, scfrank and RobbieAG like this.
  14. scfrank

Oddometer:
    Yes, it looks like a couple weeks of house time. Our 6 weeks of winter started early.
    bobw likes this.
  15. GlennR

GlennR Chasin' my tail

Oddometer:
    It's a good reason to buy an ATV. They're a blast in the snow. Ours sit most of the year waiting for a blizzard and a foot of snow.
    Mainrollman and Diamondman like this.
  16. Mainrollman

Oddometer:
    There’s a 100% chance you’ll get to ride them in 12-16 inches of snow.
    Diamondman and bobw like this.
  17. Diamondman

Diamondman Always bringing up the rear, but still having FUN!

Oddometer:
    We have a RZR and it’s a blast to play in the snow. Several years ago we woke up to 7-8” on the roads on a Sunday morning and we probably rode 75 miles that morning before there was any traffic out.
    This was in Johnson City, TN.
    GlennR likes this.
  18. bobw

bobw Harden the phuck up

Oddometer:
    Snow is much more welcomed now that I'm retired and don't have to be out in it all day, but the forecast calls for additional freezing rain and ice that will make even laps around the fields no fun. I have a big "I told you so" for a few friends that wasted every opportunity to join rides over the last 6 weeks or so as it was a bit chilly and/or light rain and they believed December would certainly offer better conditions; :ksteve:ksteve:ksteve:ksteve:ksteve.

Be well, safe riding when y'all can and Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays :beer:beer
    tireatr likes this.
  19. scfrank

Oddometer:
    I’ve been thinking about an atv. Could use it to drag dead trees around too, cleaning up the woods. This was last years snow. Thinking about Honda rancher.

[​IMG]
    Diamondman and bobw like this.
  20. kmw

kmw Adventure. Er...

Oddometer:
    The weather today is just fine for riding. By Wednesday or Thursday it’ll be fine for riding, if you don’t mind the salt. It’ll rain near the weekend and even that will be sorted. I’ll take a few days of this over 80+ temps any day.
    bobw likes this.