Riding North Carolina, TN and VA

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by Extremenc, Jan 23, 2017.

1. Rusty Rocket

Rusty Rocket Life behind "Bars"

Oddometer:
  2. tireatr

tireatr Let's go for a ride

Oddometer:
    ^ well that sucks. Not worth the miles to give up the best parts of the roads in that area. Thanks
  3. Gil Favor

Gil Favor Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I spent 2 days and a night in Rogersville during Oct 2016 just to run back and forth on 31, 63, 66 and 70 in TN/VA, as well as explore some of the other local roads. Never saw another motorcycle on any of the roads while I was there and very little traffic, great times!

IMG_0005 small.jpg IMG_0029 small.jpg

Normally I'd envy the folks that have to travel the roads daily, but I feel sorry for them now.
    CheapB, Rusty Rocket and tireatr like this.
  4. RidingforRebelGears

RidingforRebelGears Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Up here in Crossville. We could show you if you have the time. What do you ride?
  5. Rusty Rocket

Rusty Rocket Life behind "Bars"

Oddometer:
    I rode them for the first time back in early Nov. I planned to hit them again about now, before all the good stuff gets the gates opened in the NF's, but will head somewhere else for now
  6. jnjdad

jnjdad Adventurer

Oddometer:
    If it ever shows up a KTM 690. Supposed to be delivered this week. Other guys I ride with (2) KLR, Himalayan, DL 650.
  7. RidingforRebelGears

Oddometer:
    It's ruff old 4x4/side by side trail to it so.....? Congratulations on the 690.
  8. jnjdad

jnjdad Adventurer

Oddometer:
    We would definitely like to check it out. I’ll send you a pm with my contact and maybe one weekend we can meet up.
  9. CheapB

CheapB Long timer

Oddometer:
    I just bought a 690 and haven't really been able to ride it yet, maybe I can join y'all!
  10. jnjdad

jnjdad Adventurer

Oddometer:
    ^^ Yea, be great!
  11. CheapB

CheapB Long timer

Oddometer:
    Any of the somewhat locals need a partially used front tire to help them get to their next set? I’ve got a 110/80/19 (vstroms and old gs size) Michelin pilot road 4 trail that I’d say has a good 1500-2000 miles left in it. Just come and get it, it’s yours. Also have a 120/70/19 Michelin anakee 3 probably about the same tread left. If no one speaks up I’ll probably trash them next weekend but would love for someone to get some use out of them if they can.

IMG_5365.jpg

IMG_5366.jpg

I also have a 45l Shad top case with universal mtg plate I’ll let someone have for a song. Let me know.
    SidewinderX, Lzeplin and Rusty Rocket like this.
  12. Magile

Magile Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Is Curtis Creek Road open from Old Fort to the BRP? I'd like to ride it tomorrow. It was gated when we were there a couple of weeks ago. Thanks, M
  13. jfauerba

jfauerba Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Wind Junky and pike like this.
  14. RidingforRebelGears

Oddometer:
    Wheel deep creeks and washed out roads. Great day until we found a new trail. By the time we decided to turn around, it took over a hour to go back up about 1/4 mile. Steep, off chamber and wet CLAY. We pushed then pulled and drug our bikes back up. It didn't seam that bad going down as we had great traction. No photos of hell, just happy to get out. 20190310_145738.jpg 20190310_145826.jpg 20190310_133456.jpg 20190310_132549.jpg
  15. GlennR

GlennR Chasin' my tail

Oddometer:
    I love riding flooded mountain trails. They are a lot easier when you're familiar with them when they aren't flowing like a creek. There's always the fear of hitting a hidden big hole, but it's never happened to me.
  16. RidingforRebelGears

Oddometer:
    Creeks were deep. Short crossing over the wheels for a second. Rode acrossed it. Second longer one was knee deep and we walked them. Then drained boots/ dried socks. 20190310_140314.jpg 20190310_144137.jpg
    Lzeplin, CheapB, wwm66 and 3 others like this.
  17. zooomer

zooomer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Only time I've ever been on a golf course was on a bike. :imaposer
  18. jfauerba

jfauerba Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Pictures really looks like you have confused what a trail is??? Looks like creeks (wet and dry/mud) are your version of trails. ;-) Trails to me is anything you can walk though with hiking boots on and not get you feet soaked.
    RidingforRebelGears and djtrik like this.
  19. RidingforRebelGears

Oddometer:
    Old 4x4/logging roads are the trails we usually ride. Never seen running water on them before. We got 1 1/2 -2 inches of rain the day before. We do run single track when we find it.
  20. CheapB

CheapB Long timer

Oddometer:
    Oooops, boss man just informed me yesterday was NOT a natl holiday celebrating daylight savings time. Oh well, I enjoyed my “holiday” anyway. :)

IMG_5397.jpg

IMG_5399.jpg

IMG_5400.jpg

IMG_5402.jpg