Riding North Carolina, TN and VA

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by Extremenc, Jan 23, 2017.

1. Magile

Magile Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Sorry I don’t know the road, but it’s a great area. Good eats here http://christas.com/
    Rusty Rocket likes this.
  2. BaldKnob

BaldKnob I Wanna Ride

Oddometer:
    I’ve ridden up there and there are private property signs at the entrance. You can drive up to Table Rock on new Table Rock Rd.
    Extremenc and bobw like this.
  3. tireatr

tireatr Let's go for a ride

Oddometer:
    In case y'all have been over worked or just plain wore out from the heat, this Wed-Sun are supposed to be cooler and drier, not only compared to the past 3 weeks, but for typical July in the Appalachians. I see it as the best riding weather since mid June when I was at the OBX for a destination wedding jealous of not be able to ride. Skip work, Break plans to go to the pool, this is going to be good.
    Extremenc, MaverickNC, bobw and 4 others like this.
  4. bobw

bobw Harden the phuck up

Oddometer:
    :finger

I mean that in the nicest possible way :D

:beer
    Extremenc, tireatr and SidewinderX like this.
  5. CheapB

CheapB Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    :lol3 how's the recovery coming Bob? I need to bring you some medicinal liquids. :D
    Extremenc, bobw and SidewinderX like this.
  6. SidewinderX

SidewinderX Hey, watch this! Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey Bob, hope your recovering well.
    Justin Roberts is talking me into another foolish purchase....
    scfrank, bobw and CheapB like this.
  7. bobw

bobw Harden the phuck up

Oddometer:
    He makes it too easy. he knows if I ride it I'll buy it. Only one exception that proved the rule, but I used up my lifetime's self control on just a few hours enjoyment on the BRP. Now I just act as the bike slut I am :rofl

Mending is doing real well, still nagging right hip, knee and ankle tweaks are a bit slow, but they're coming along. Cousins grand kids are back for a few days mowing this week so as long as I have minions doing the hard work I am happy to feel this good!

:freaky
    scfrank, Extremenc, Amphib and 3 others like this.
  8. bobw

bobw Harden the phuck up

Oddometer:
    Save em for the ECR my friend! I'll be in a cage so I'll need something to ease my 4 wheel depression :drink:deal:strum:dutch
    tireatr and CheapB like this.
  9. jfauerba

jfauerba Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Was on FS 475B yesterday and they are putting in new culverts on the road. There is about .10 mile of very lose, deep, large rock size gravel on it now that was a pain to get through. It was not there a week ago.
    Amphib likes this.
  10. mhr650

mhr650 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I rode FS 477 yesterday and there are a few sections of new deep gravel on it also.
  11. scfrank

scfrank Old farts riding club. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Getting ready for hunting season?
  12. jfauerba

jfauerba Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Road that too yesterday. Those section were packed down some due to much more traffic between 276 and horse stables. 475B was not packed at all.
  13. scfrank

scfrank Old farts riding club. Supporter

Oddometer:
    I noticed the same thing on Avery’s Creek. Came around a corner to face a road grader and a BIG dump truck. Same big gravel. Guess it’s road maintenance time in Pisgah.
    bobw likes this.
  14. CheapB

Oddometer:
    Hope y’all had a good weekend!

IMG_6666.jpg
    Sonny S., Amphib, BaldKnob and 3 others like this.
  15. bobw

bobw Harden the phuck up

Oddometer:
    Nice photo! You have her all set up now?
    CheapB likes this.
  16. CheapB

Oddometer:
    I might make some minor adjustments here and there, but she's pretty "right" already. No long distance trip planned in the near future, but there might be a couple of long weekend runs here and there. :D

I hope to have her Alaska ready by the time your next run up that way. We will see, I'd love to do that one with ya. :beer
    Lzeplin, tireatr and bobw like this.
  17. mhr650

mhr650 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Had a nice ride Saturday...

Attached Files:

tireatr, CheapB, bobw and 1 other person like this.
  18. bobw

bobw Harden the phuck up

Oddometer:
    Me too!

Excuse my venting. BUT....I'm sure my mending will be more than done by then and hopefully all the legal B.S. will be too. I need to get Knight Train to suggest best types of Insurance coverage to minimize red tape and loop holes (that would be too easy). I carry what I thought was very good coverage (both vehicle and health-medical) and the other guy has too being a commercial vehicle and then ran into "weird stuff" with New York being "No-Fault". That places parts of claims being made to your own insurance and some costs against the other company. That is an interesting process (read, cluster phuck), but then my insurance refused payment on the hospital costs as motorcycles are exempt from the NY law. WTF?!?, back to square one and having an attorney sort the stuff as even every simple question has been "fun" to deal with. I don't cut corners in general and last year's trip had the extra paperwork showing I'm covered in Canada and even bought extra "helicopter" medical coverage as these can be huge $$$ hurdles if services are needed while riding in Canada and Alaska (on top of what may be needed in the lower 48). There are several threads on AdvRider that I used to guide my choices, but bottom line is I will research even more and seek input from NT when the dust settles on this and prior to getting another bike on the road. Things will be covered eventually, but continuing to open $$$ bills with zeroes in the "what we'll pay" column is a bit aggravating and the logistics with parties being only a 1000 miles apart in another state have been bad enough that I can only imagine how messed up it could be adding more miles and different countries into the equation.

Anyway, ride safe and getting back up there is the carrot to this old jackass!
    CheapB and Amphib like this.
  19. tireatr

Oddometer:
    Really wanted to join you on this, but the cards fell short on me. Raining all around Yancey-Mitchell county and figured it was going to be the case almost anywhere Saturday which held true. Looks like you found a nice window there.
  20. tireatr

Oddometer:
    Bob, have you not retained an attorney yet? You really should have one. They cut through all the asshatery that insurance companies like to dole out.