Riding North Carolina, TN and VA

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by Extremenc, Jan 23, 2017.

1. SwampyDeadHead

SwampyDeadHead Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    That’s up in the air sort of. At minimum will be there until October 12th. Possibly longer.
    justBert and Rusty Rocket like this.
  2. SR1

SR1 Going to America!!!!

Oddometer:
    @JRowland and @justBert Pretty sure I am in for next weekend on Hurricane. Also probably @Eaglerider1967 and I’ll see if @fatriderslim can come too.

oh, please pray whatever I did to all my wiring worked, looks like I can start, kick, and kill the bike with the switches, not with some goofy unacceptable method so let’s see if it holds!
  3. dp064

dp064 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Very cool.. thanks for the great pics!
    I got passed by a Ford Excursion support vehicle with logo in the back windows a few hours ago on I24 east. Apparently he was playing catch up as I assume the bikes all went through Nashville yesterday.
    JRowland likes this.
  4. DCrider

DCrider Live from THE Hill

Oddometer:
    @JRowland Awesome photos of the Cannonball, one of these days I'd like to see a leg of it. And I know what you mean about Doug and Polly, met them like 7-8yrs ago at the DC IMS mo show, had to wait for the crowd at their booth to eventually clear out to chat with them but both were super nice and down to earth.
    WACO OLD TIMER and JRowland like this.
  5. JRowland

JRowland reaching for the sky Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks, there is a thread going of photos from the stops. I don't do any social media so I can only follow the scores every day to see how my friends Buck and Vinnie are doing. It's been nice to see a few pics of them in that thread so I figured I'd return the favor for anyone in there following a rider or just the race. It was more fun than I expected, partly because it was here at home during an AMCA national run weekend when there were a bunch of folks I knew around. And Polly was super nice, she made me get in the picture and dragged someone over to take it.
  6. smalls78

smalls78 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    @JRowland I am likely down for Hurricane on Saturday
    WACO OLD TIMER and JRowland like this.
  7. smalls78

smalls78 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    So after coming home from a 4500mi trip out west to NM and CO, the next day I was ready to get out on some trails after all the slab I rode. While on our way back from the backcountry trails deep in the S. Mtn game lands, we found a small dog wandering around and in a very strange spot given there are no houses or campsites nearby within 2-3 miles. We picked the dog up and rode home with her in my coat. Gave her a bath, fed her, took her to a local vet and she had no chip. I spent the weekend looking at lost dog sites and found the owner desperately searching. Apparently the dog is a bit of a runner at times and somehow slipped out of their back door miles away. The dog was reunited with her family this morning and I must say the lady was thrilled as she cried numerous times with thanks.

A79D2BE2-A804-45EC-B36B-1997E1785C7F.jpeg C027AD18-240C-43B8-90FF-2A02E6617E7D.jpeg
    D771AD2C-F7FD-4480-81EA-C3FB37DE9D75.jpeg 9C5059F6-68D2-471E-BF0A-67EF2978A5A5.jpeg
    8BF35B0C-97CA-48D0-A737-1BA159BDAE3C.jpeg
    Magile, CheapB, Florida Lime and 25 others like this.
  8. TheSweeper

TheSweeper Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The dog runs away to have an adventure.
  9. Rusty Rocket

Rusty Rocket Life behind "Bars"

Oddometer:
    Only the motorcyclist knows why the dog sticks his head out the window of the truck
  10. SwampyDeadHead

SwampyDeadHead Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:

Nice work. That dog could have ended up a snack to some type of predator.
  11. JRowland

Oddometer:
    I hope so! That was awesome you were able to find the dogs owner.
    WACO OLD TIMER and strommonster like this.
  12. norton73

norton73 drinkin' in the garage Supporter

Oddometer:

They came through Alabama yesterday. The stop was at the next town to me, about 15 miles away. They didn't ride yesterday, the stage was cancelled due to road flooding. Instead a bunch went over to Barber, so not many bikes and riders in the parking lot. My pics are here; https://norton73.smugmug.com/2021-Motorcycle-Cannonball-Trussville-stop/
    WACO OLD TIMER, JRowland and SCPancho like this.
  13. Licklog

Licklog Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Wow small world! I work with the lady the dog belongs to. I told her she needs to rename the dog Houdini as this is not the first time it has pulled a disappearing act.
  14. JRowland

Oddometer:
    Nice pics! Thank you, those Nortons and Hendersons sure are pretty.
    Magile, WACO OLD TIMER and norton73 like this.
  15. jgino157

jgino157 Yer' mom!!!

Oddometer:
    Hey all, been lurking in this thread for awhile. Riding down from Michigan next month and staying in Stecoah for a few days. Planning on riding through Hot Springs on the way down, and hitting 209 on our route as I've ridden it before and loved it. Hurricane Creek and Buzzards Roost overlook are my list to hit. Any other recommendations in riding distance of Stecoah??? I have ridden everything in/around Robbinsville/Tellico over the years and looking for some new stuff. Thanks!!
  16. Rusty Rocket

Rusty Rocket Life behind "Bars"

Oddometer:
    what bike?
  17. jgino157

jgino157 Yer' mom!!!

Oddometer:
    Tenere 700 and a KTM890
    Rusty Rocket likes this.
  18. JRowland

Oddometer:
    You are in @justBert back yard in Stecoah. You say you know that area and everything west for awhile basically? Are you familiar with the south into GA? I’m not but I’m sure there are folks here who are. I believe there’s some good riding to be had around the state line, Bert knows it. Hurricane Creek is in my back yard but it sounds like that’s an as you pass through on your way to Stecoah thing not a hour and a half slab ride over to it from Stecoah? You say ride down from MI so I assume you mean on the bikes correct?
    justBert likes this.
  19. jgino157

jgino157 Yer' mom!!!

Oddometer:
    Yup, riding the bikes down....backroads and hopefully the SOAL on the way. Just based on timing, I'm guessing we will ride through Hot Springs and to our destination, then return one day and hit Hurricane/Buzzard (Max Patch??). I have ridden from Stecoah to GA/SC, however it was all pavement. Blood mountain, Suches, Warwoman Rd, etc,etc. Would love to head that way again with some Dirt mixed in :ear

Very familiar with west of Stecoah.......Gravalhala, Witt Rd, trail 81/82, Wauchessi overlook....its been years, so maybe one day dedicated to that area again.
    justBert and Storz like this.
  20. Storz

Storz Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    @jgino157 you'll love it down here man! I am from Brighton MI originally btw :)
    Rusty Rocket likes this.