Riding to beat the black dog of depression?

Discussion in 'The Perfect Line and Other Riding Myths' started by B1, Apr 22, 2017.

1. B1

B1 Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer:
    That is one sweet looking RL! Not to derail the thread, but I filmed one of the guys messing around on his twin shock.

2. DesertPilot

DesertPilot Long timer

Oddometer:
    Pro Tip: Don't crash your bike while riding to beat depresion. This turns out to be counter-productive. In many different ways. Darn it.

Still, I've been here before, and know that this too shall pass...
  3. Thebusdweller

Thebusdweller Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That video and Why we ride motorbikes is why I got into the trials scene. I wasn't doing well and it gave me a focal point. Thanks!
    ZoomerP and Dirt Road Cowboy like this.
  4. T-34

T-34 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thank you for consistently putting out great videos. I send them to my friends. They're informative, fun, and lighthearted.

Screw you for putting an urge in me to spend more money to fill up yet another garage spot. My lady will be thrilled. It's only a trials bike. I can probably hang it in the rafters.
  5. Junglejeff1

Junglejeff1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    It lifted my spirits yesterday. Let my stepson use wife's ttr125 and we did 19 miles of single track. My old TY actually worked well and definitely helps me unwind.It was the 1st time my stepson road in over 2 years because of bad injury at a national enduro we did 2 years ago. Screenshot_2020-06-21-20-37-52.png
    Amphib, ZoomerP, T-34 and 2 others like this.
  6. Sal Pairadice

Sal Pairadice Captain Obvious

Oddometer:

Ugh sorry man. I read about it on the other thread. It is true that all that really matters is you aren't badly injured. But now you have to deal with fixing your bike.

We all take these chances, it could be any of us. In fact it was me a couple of years ago. Nice bike. I hope you get her fixed.
  7. DesertPilot

DesertPilot Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the encouragement! It is appreciated. She'll get fixed. And the way I see it, something like this is an adventure. 30 years ago, I stuffed a glider flying at Big Sur, came very close to stufffing myself, then had to spend hours fighting my way through impenatrable brush with a cracked rib or two to get back to civilization, with no guarantee I'd ever make it. When I finally crawled out to a fire road, I was injured, battered, tired, beat, some very expensive gear was gone, and I had nothing to look forward to except a few weeks of pain. Then I thought, "Hey, this is an adventure! People pay money to watch movies about guys having adventures like this, and I'm getting to have this one for free!" :D

Believe it or not, it helped!

And it still does...