riding to watch Finke

Discussion in 'Australia' started by ktm wench, May 10, 2005.

1. ktm wench

ktm wench Adventurer

Oddometer:
    hi, me and my misses are riding on our (my) ktm 950 up the Oddny. Track and back to watch the Finke desert race June long weekend anybody else going to watch or race.
  2. slowbike smallpenis

slowbike smallpenis Tester of Tooheys Old

Oddometer:
    Shoalhaven above Tasmania and West of New Zealand
    Lucky Bastidge :cry
  3. The Misinformant

The Misinformant What road?

Oddometer:
    Yeah I may be interested - if Im not of on the WAA line trip later.
  4. j_wolfy

j_wolfy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey Wench,

You in Alice yet? As fate would have it I'm town now and staying for the race. Took me longer to get here than originally planned but for all the right reasons - havin too much fun! [​IMG]
    Let me know where to catch up. I'm staying at Annies on the w/e. Out in the West McDonalds (sp?) for a few days before.

Cheers, Wolfy.
  5. ktm wench

ktm wench Adventurer

Oddometer:
    We didnt make it to Finke, my mates 1150 Adventurer's front mud guard got filled with mud only 40km on the dirt road between Coober Pedy and Odnadatta., so we cut the trip short and headed home. My 950 was alright becauce i had raised the front mudguard, 2-up and fully loaded i could sit on 130km on the same stretch of road, MT 21 on the front and a new TKC80 on the rear helped compaered to the BM's roadie looking Metzler's which filled with mud striaght away. Very sad to hear about fatality at Finke.
  6. j_wolfy

j_wolfy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Real sorry you didn't make it. Not going to brag, that would be a capital offence!

As for the poor bloke who passed away in the race, nothing could be sadder. I was speaking to a few blokes who knew him. These guys raced the weekend. To not compete would be against his wishes. Fuck that must be hard.

Hats off to all who competed in the Finke on the weekend.

Condolences to our lost brother's family and friends.