Riding With Sound Cancelling Headphones?

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Randyjaco, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Randyjaco

Randyjaco Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I just bit the bullet and bought some Bose QuietControl 30s. I am amazed at the sound deadening done by these headphones. Way better than earplugs! Even the Yoshimura muffler on my Versys 650 is barely noticeable with the 30s. On my F800ST I have to turn down the sound canceling because it's a little too quiet. So I am a happy camper. There are some problems though and I wanted to ask others for hacks or experiences with similar headphones.
    One of the problems I have has to do with the controls. The switch box resides just under my helmet by my right ear. I tried using the Connect phone app, but couldn't get it to work with any of my Bose headphones. I also had some difficulty getting the 30s to work with both my phone and my Zumo GPS. I found that if I turned my Sena 30 up, I could hear the GPS notifications. The phone may be a problem. At present, it's hooked up to both the Sena and the headphones. The Sena has a microphone near my mouth, but the headphones ' microphone is below my ear. They will probably fight each other. So I still need to figure out which unit to connect/remove from the phone.

Any thoughts or comments?
    Thanks
    Randy