Rimrocker Lost Camera

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by pprO.R.A., Sep 19, 2019.

1. pprO.R.A.

pprO.R.A. Hipster Dufass

Oddometer:
    RR spot (1).PNG I sadly lost my camera on the RR trail on Monday 9/16/19 at the intersection of Q13/ R-3 and 0378 rd just about 2-3 miles east of Buckeye Reservoir. It is a Samsung ST66 red in color with a black fabric case, the camera is a cheapy and no big loss but the weeks worth of photos from my CO moto vaction are invaluable.
    I feel like an idiot as I left it on the back of my seat from a stop and took off and it bounced. It is a long shot to get it back but if anyone finds it please PM me or call Greg (8one6) 8 one 0-eight 8 seven 9.
    Thanks Camera.jpg
  2. DADODIRT

DADODIRT Long timer

Oddometer:
    Any idea where you stopped and lost it? I hope to get up that way before the snow.
  3. pprO.R.A.

pprO.R.A. Hipster Dufass

Oddometer:
    Yes DADODIRT just east of the 3 way intersection of Q13 / R-3/ and 0378 rd, that is 2-3 miles east of Buckeye Reservoir. If you or anyone finds it I will gladly reward you.
  4. cidi

cidi cidi Supporter

Oddometer:
    We will be riding the RR trail between the 19th and 20th of October. Like you said, it’s a long shot but we will be looking for it.
  5. pprO.R.A.

pprO.R.A. Hipster Dufass

Oddometer:
    Hey @cidi thanks, I also posted up about it on the RR - fb and Grand Mesa Jeep fb pages , so maybe someone will find it. I am not sure if i had my contact info in the case(always meant to do that). But we will see.
  6. pprO.R.A.

pprO.R.A. Hipster Dufass

Oddometer:
    Bump ^^ just to remind anyone doing the Rim Rocker trail this fall. BTW that trail is kick ass riding if you start from Uravan (the Ballpark CG) great scenery.
    Just east of the 3 way intersection of Q13 / R-3 and 0378 rd. two - three miles east of Buckeye Res. heading east from that intersection. It is in a black lowepro case like this. lowepro.jpg Camera inside is red Samsung ST66 like this Camera.jpg
  7. pprO.R.A.

pprO.R.A. Hipster Dufass

Oddometer:
    Hey all, sorry to beat this up but I finally figured out how to snip a map location of the spot I lost my camera, plenty of folks on the RR trail according to their FB page. TIA for any help. RR spot.PNG
    DADODIRT likes this.
  8. pprO.R.A.

pprO.R.A. Hipster Dufass

Oddometer:
    One last gasp of hope @cidi , if you are still going to do the RR this weekend. I am missing my photos big time. I will gladly reward you if retrieved. The map location is posted below. TIA
  9. cidi

cidi cidi Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yep we are leaving this afternoon. I have that location marked on my tracks with 2 pins marking the area. Hopefully I will have some good news by Monday for you.
  10. pprO.R.A.

pprO.R.A. Hipster Dufass

Oddometer:
    Thank You sir,,, very nice of you to put the effort and time in. Are you staying in Moab ?
  11. zoltan

zoltan Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm no help finding your camera but i'll offer up a tip for your future camera. On my helmet video cam i filmed a 10 second clip of my contact info I had written down. I named the file "IF LOST CONTACT INFO" and leave it on the SD card. So hopefully if an honest person finds it they'll see it on there. Good Luck
  12. pprO.R.A.

pprO.R.A. Hipster Dufass

Oddometer:
    Yes, thanks I meant to put contact info in there but never actually did it. So if it is gone forever, it is my own damn fault.
  13. cidi

cidi cidi Supporter

Oddometer:
    We rode the Rimrocker trail today and checked the search area twice. I am sorry to say that we did not find your camera. That section and about 3 miles in either direction looked to be recently graded.
    We tried .....
    Assfault and bmon like this.
  14. pprO.R.A.

pprO.R.A. Hipster Dufass

Oddometer:
    I can't thank you enough @cidi for your efforts in looking for me, I know it was an interruption to your trip, it is what it is. Who knows someone might have picked it up and enjoyed a free camera. If we ever meet sometime I will buy you lunch/ beverages for your effort. Thanks again.
  15. cidi

cidi cidi Supporter

Oddometer:
    Wish I would have found it. I know it would have been great.
    I guess the good news is that you will have to come back out this way and redo the pictures...
    our trip was great, good weather but very cold at night. We spent last night at Mineral Bottom. Just outside of the park and the white rim trail. It must have been in the low to mid 20’s Winter is coming quickly up here.
    pprO.R.A. likes this.
  16. pprO.R.A.

pprO.R.A. Hipster Dufass

Oddometer:
    Did you return to CO on the same RR trail? We went up through Geyser pass as a return route and it avoided several miles of the same route we came in on.
  17. cidi

cidi cidi Supporter

Oddometer:
    No we went RR to white rim trail then back to Fruita via the Kokopelli trail. ( we had left the van and trailer near Fruita. This is a great 3 day ride. Only issue is that we were not able to find dirt going south to 141. I thought we had a route but a ranch closed the marked road with locked gates and we had to backtrack to Glade park and then into grand junction and south to 141 via Hwy50. From there the route would have taken us over the Uncompaghre Plateau and intersect the RR via the Divide road. But because of time limitations and the backtrack we ended up intersecting the RR trail at 141. If anyone knows of a route south of Glade Park into 141 or Gateway via dirt, I would love to hear about it.
  18. pprO.R.A.

pprO.R.A. Hipster Dufass

Oddometer: