1. eNewsletter Sign Up

Rise of the Bemaha

Discussion in 'New Zealand' started by dazzadm, Nov 29, 2014.

1. dazzadm

dazzadm Long timer

Oddometer:
    There is a brake on the chair. I wonder if I could convert it to fly by wire? Then i could sit in there with dual handle bars...
  2. Eddieb

Eddieb Long timer

Oddometer:
    Where did you find that hiding?
  3. dazzadm

dazzadm Long timer

Oddometer:
    One of our local riders. He thinks he's getting too old for it. Should be some fun this summer
  4. Whale Rider

Whale Rider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You will have to make a visit to Gravity Canyon and see if you can make it work for you.
    Don't think the brake will be much use there though or the dual handlebars.
    :lol3:lol3:lol3
    WR
    dazzadm likes this.
  5. dazzadm

dazzadm Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yep. Thats a long wire.
  6. dazzadm

dazzadm Long timer

Oddometer:
    Went out for a ride last night to the Springvale Bridge. My bro and his mate carried on to Napier and my son and I carried on up to the Otupae turn off and returned back to Taihape via Pukeokahu.

The gravel road was in great condition. As we came up to the cattle stop on Otupae, the sheep decided to play tenere roulete...
    20180602_103231.jpg
    They survived, but only by mm's. (Sorry for the quality, low light conditions).:thumb
    The rest of the ride went smoothly, if not coldly. Another frost last night.
  7. Night Falcon

Night Falcon Broke Engine Supporter

Oddometer:
    unlike....stock on roads is the debal :muutt :dhorse
  8. dazzadm

dazzadm Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just to say that I haven't forgotten what riding my bike feels like... had a nice blast the other night round the gravel roads, Rongoiti junction, Koieke junction, Ruanui and home.
    20180713_175409.jpg
    Then yesterday a rode over to Napier and back. Went out via Pukeokahu, the gravel was in mint condition, with some fresh gravel on the Otupae hill section, rather windy as well, with drizzle through the ranges.

But it rained from Napier all the way back to Taihape on the way home. So no pictures of the mist...
    Bowler likes this.
  9. dazzadm

dazzadm Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ended up in Jaffa land a couple of times in the last month. So have had to call into Barrys Point Road a couple of times....

The first visit ended up on a test ride of a 2016 Tiger 800 XC. Quite nice and was almost tempted, but not quite.

The second visit ened up test riding a Ducati Srambler 800 Full Throttle. Liked it a lot engine wise, but the bike felt too small and tight for me
    I really wanted to ride the desert sled, but it wasn't ready for the road. Maybe on the next visit...:y0!

Then I got a call from a friend asking if I would like to buy his bike, worts and all (so to speak)? Well I thought it would be rude not to, as it is the original bike that my side car was attached to...

So yesterday I went round and picked it up. It's a 1972 R60/5. We tried to get it started, but it has sat in the shed for too long, the carbs slides had both stuck in the barrels and needed freeing up, but suspect that thats not all, we had it run on one cylinder but only as long as we tickled it...
    20181005_154244.jpg
    I have been "instructed" to get it going and see how it goes, before doing too much too it.... It needs work on the engine crankshaft seals and new bushes in the forks etc...

The down side is that I need to sell one of the other bikes... and a postie bike doesn't count... so the Tenere will probably go on trade me this week. But then i like riding it so much, maybe time to sell the Bemaha.... argh I can't do that I put so much time into it... I don't know... but the house build project has to have some money so one must go:2cry
  10. Box'a'bits

Box'a'bits In need of repair Supporter

Oddometer:
    Nice. I'm thinking definitely the Tenere on trade me ... :ilmostro
    Mark_S and dazzadm like this.
  11. dazzadm

dazzadm Long timer

Oddometer:
    I thought you might:D

The tug is looking good. I don't think I'll get mine together for a couple of months more yet. Getting busy on the build. :(
  12. Mark_S

Mark_S Fair Weather Faggot

Oddometer:
    wot he sed
    dazzadm likes this.
  13. Night Falcon

Night Falcon Broke Engine Supporter

Oddometer:
    ditto
    dazzadm likes this.
  14. EVLED

EVLED Bike riding nutter!

Oddometer:
    Never sell a Tenere!
    dazzadm and Night Falcon like this.
  15. Kiwiabbo

Kiwiabbo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The BM keeps going up in value and the Tenere falls....hold onto the Dimond
    dazzadm likes this.
  16. dazzadm

dazzadm Long timer

Oddometer:
    I pulled the carbs down today and cleaned out the gunk that had formed in them. Some blocked jets needed opening up again. Fuel pumps were seized solid, float needles need replacing...

Tonight I put them back on and hooked up the fuel lines. Started up on the second try. Still needs tuning, but will have to wait till I get some new parts for the carbs and put some fresh gas in the tank, still running stale fuel. But at least it does run.
    :clap:clap
  17. innathyzit

innathyzit AKA Woodman

Oddometer:
    One of the unexpected pleasures I got from owning an airhead was working on it even when there was nothing wrong.
    dazzadm likes this.
  18. dazzadm

dazzadm Long timer

Oddometer:
    Last night I was able to print out plans to make a Nav Tower for the Bemaha. I want to loose some weight off the bike so I can use it easier on trails. R100 Nav tower.jpg

That means taking off the bull bars and attached paraphernalia. The speedo has issues so I have a new Koso unit to go on. I have an LED headlight I want to try as well... and the LED light bar I have been using on the Tenere has come off that and needs a new home, so a new Nav Tower seemed like a good idea.

Over night I have been able to turn plans into a real thing:clap. Seeing it for real, there are a couple of mods I may make before it gets mounted, but its taking shape.
    20190108_054140.jpg

The Tenere is back to standard trim and getting ready for sale. Unfortunately I need to put the money back in the mortgage for the house project.:(
  19. dazzadm

dazzadm Long timer

Oddometer:
    Today was great, setting the route with Mike Britton for the 2019 Taihape Gumboot Adventure ride. We did 130km today and will finish some more tomorrow.
    20190110_153119.jpg
    Got to ride the WR450 today... lots of fun:-)
    moto74, Night Falcon and Box'a'bits like this.
  20. dazzadm

dazzadm Long timer

Oddometer:
    Lunch stop today as we finished setting the course for the ride on the Taihape Gumboot Adventure ride on 19 Jan
    20190111_115252.jpg
    We've got 300km mix of farm trails and gravel/sealed roads, something to look forward to.
    moto74 and Night Falcon like this.