Rise of the Bemaha

Discussion in 'New Zealand' started by dazzadm, Nov 29, 2014.

1. dazzadm

dazzadm Long timer

Oddometer:
    Saturday morning started with a bit of mist hanging around the valley. So I figured we'd be in for a good day. I rode out from Moawhango ahead of the riders doing the 2019 Yamaha Taihape Gumboot Adventure Ride.
    20190119_080223.jpg
    It was good to see some of the farmers had helped us out for the route and a lot of gates were already open.

The ride went through one farm over to Tutupapa rd, then down another farm to the Rangitikei river, up through Erewhon station out round into Springvale station, out the Napier Taihape rd, back through Pukeokahu to have lunch back at Moawhango.
    20190119_102401.jpg
    After lunch riders went out to Mataroa, Hunterville via Kaweka rd, around to Sandon block rd and up to Peka Rd where we diverted down to view the Whitecliff Boulders. Then Omatane and back to Moawhango.

Unfortunately someone had a little accident and one rider went off to hospital. Everyone enjoyed the ride and had a great dinner after wards.
    celger7, moto74 and Box'a'bits like this.
  2. dazzadm

dazzadm Long timer

Oddometer:
    20190215_155837.jpg Unfortunately the Tenere is up fo sale on Trademe. It is being sold without the USD forks on it so that it is a fully certified bike. If someone wants to buy them with the bike, they can be sold seperatly. (Saddle bags not included)

I was out riding it yesterday recovering trail markers from the Taihape Gumboot Adventure ride. Wish I didn't have to sell it...:(
  3. dazzadm

dazzadm Long timer

Oddometer:
    On a happier thought... I am joining some local GS riders on a trip down south shortly, so maintenance on the Bemaha time.

I have suffered from rocks damaging my rear brake cable several times now so have been planning to turn the lever upside down. I had to repair some cracks in the Staintune exhaust, so removed it and welded it up. Interestingly enough, while it was off I weighed it. I have an Aprilla Racing muffler that I have cut the cat out of and shortened to fit the Tenere, so decided to mount it on the Bemaha. It weighs 3.7 kg without any inlet pipe mods that need to be done to it. The Staintune, weighs 3.5 kg... no point wasting time trying to reduce weight that way if its the lighter option anyway.

So after repairing the muffler and remounting it, I got keen and looked for more things to weld... brake mod time. The first braket I made came together realy well, flipped the lever round, yep cable fits, brake works, what is all the fuss about. Rode out the gate and down the road... first big bump I hit, and the brakes came on... looking closer I realised the cable ran over the top of the bearing housing and got stretched on full swing arm travel...

2nd attempt required finding out what lever has the bigger offset on it, R60/5 just happens to be the one, so "Charlie Brown" no longer has rear brakes on it while I borrow the lever to test it, but all trials:ricky so far appear to be all good to go:wings
    20190216_092258.jpg
  4. Phreaky Phil

Phreaky Phil Long timer

Oddometer:
    When are you heading South ?
  5. dazzadm

dazzadm Long timer

Oddometer:
    March 8th for a week. The other guys want to do the Nevis, so taking in the sights and by passes on the way down and back...
  6. dazzadm

dazzadm Long timer

Oddometer:
    The Bemaha, mid transformation...
    20190218_162417.jpg
    Now.... which wire went where???
    Night Falcon likes this.
  7. Phreaky Phil

Phreaky Phil Long timer

Oddometer:
    Oil beef hooked, leaving same day we are. Were on the 2.45pm Interislander.
    Mmmmmmm mobile spare parts :D
  8. Whale Rider

Whale Rider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Is that green plastic on the handlebars for your gps mount Polyethylene???
    WR
  9. EVLED

EVLED Bike riding nutter!

Oddometer:
    Flagged the TT Phil?
  10. Phreaky Phil

Phreaky Phil Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yea for this year. I think I need to work up to a ride like the TT.
  11. dazzadm

dazzadm Long timer

Oddometer:
    I don't know, but you would have supplied it:lol3
  12. dazzadm

dazzadm Long timer

Oddometer:
    Follow our dust, we are ahead of you:D
  13. dazzadm

dazzadm Long timer

Oddometer:
    Operational now. Still got the birds nest to secure and then look at some sort of fairing to hide behind.
    20190218_213548.jpg 15504793110331198553501212220899.jpg
  14. Whale Rider

Whale Rider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Have you used it there before???.
    The reason I ask is that stuff has a very low coefficient of friction, which means that any weight up there it will more than likely twist on the bar.
    Just letting you know. May pay to take a piece of sand paper with you or some emery cloth so you can unbolt it and wrap around the crossbar and tighten it up.
    For the record I no longer work for them.
    Enjoy your ride down south
    WR
  15. clintnz

clintnz Trans-Global Chook Chaser

Oddometer:
    Looking good!

Sounds like all the cool people are heading south in March :brow Have Fun! We're taking the 'cruiser & the MTB's down 2nd - 17th, say hi if you see us.

[​IMG]

Cheers
    Clint
    young1 likes this.
  16. dazzadm

dazzadm Long timer

Oddometer:
    The hole size on the handle bar is a very close fit so no chance of it moving. Most movement i have is from the stupid case mount clips vibrating around 'cause they wear out with dust...
  17. dazzadm

dazzadm Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hi Clint, will look out for you. Are you traveling the trails, rather than just slabing it around with the camper vans... ?
  18. clintnz

clintnz Trans-Global Chook Chaser

Oddometer:
    Plans are mostly fluid. The fire risk has shut down a bit of stuff we were planning but hopefully we'll get offroad a bit. Heading for Craigieburn & Mt Hut 1st up, then maybe a bit of playing around on the West Coast, booked in to bike the Old Ghost Rd 9th-11th then home via Nelson probably.

Cheers
    Clint
    Phreaky Phil likes this.
  19. Box'a'bits

Box'a'bits In need of repair Supporter

Oddometer:
    If there is decent rain this weekend, the worst of fire danger will likely be mitigated...
  20. Phreaky Phil

Phreaky Phil Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yea, likewise us with the fire risk and things being closed. Hoping for a good bit of rain on the weekend.

Rain dance :happay