Rise of the Bemaha

Discussion in 'New Zealand' started by dazzadm, Nov 29, 2014.

1. EVLED

EVLED Bike riding nutter!

Oddometer:
    Big bike or little bike ride?
  2. clintnz

clintnz Trans-Global Chook Chaser

Oddometer:
    That controller looks cool. A few $$$ but even if you buy a dedicated ph it would work out comparable to the likes of a Zumo but way more functional.

Definitely interested! Haven't dusted off the 'ol routesheet holder for a while so that would be fun. A few years back we did a ride around your area & stayed at the River Valley Lodge which was great - bar, meals & a range of accom from camping on up - could be a good spot to finish up/overnight stay.

Cheers
    Clint
    dazzadm and Night Falcon like this.
  3. EVLED

Oddometer:
    The Lodge was shut when we dropped down there a couple of weeks ago. Not sure if it was winter or Covid related...
  4. dazzadm

dazzadm Long timer

Oddometer:
    The lodge closed for covid. Apparently they have opened again.

I like the "functionality" of an android device. I've used dedicated gps devices and I get frustrated with them.

Cool. Sounds like enough interest to plan something around the back yard. I will keep you informed as to a date and where etc:-):thumbup
    Night Falcon and Manakau.KTM like this.
  5. Phreaky Phil

Phreaky Phil Long timer

Oddometer:
    setup looks great. When you load the Drivemode app, does it take over the phone screen like yours is or just when you have the app running ?
  6. dazzadm

dazzadm Long timer

Oddometer:
    You have the choice. You can have it so that you can select between either your home screen or drive mode. Or if you go into settings, you can set it so that it acts as the home screen.

My unit on the bike is set to stay in drive mode.

I have found that the airhead vibrations were a bit much for the screen rotation and it would flick round in various orientations. So I down loaded a screen rotation lock app to set it. Much better now. Still occasionally flips but usually resets quick enough.
  7. Phreaky Phil

Phreaky Phil Long timer

Oddometer:
    That may be a characteristic of that phone. I've not had that happen with my Samsung. I normally have my phone oriented to portrait mode. Does drive mode have to be in landscape ? Main reason is the charging port is at the bottom. Always a bit dubious of waterproofing there
  8. dazzadm

dazzadm Long timer

Oddometer:
    No, it can be in either portrait or landscape. I just prefer landscape
  9. dazzadm

dazzadm Long timer

Oddometer:
    Some views in portrait:
    Screenshot_20200613-213939_Drive Mode.jpg
    Screenshot_20200613-214013_Drive Mode.jpg
    Screenshot_20200613-214034_Drive Mode.jpg
    Phreaky Phil likes this.
  10. dazzadm

dazzadm Long timer

Oddometer:
    At this stage, big bike freindly... I don't have a little bike. Unless postie bikes count?:dunno
    EVLED likes this.
  11. dazzadm

dazzadm Long timer

Oddometer:
    It has taken a month, but my carby kits turned up the other day. So I took the carbs off and rebuilt them this morning.

The diaphragm and orings were basically perished and as I have done 100,000km since I last replaced needles and jets, I figured it was time to replace them as well. Which as it turned out, was just as well, as there was noticeable wear on the needles.
    20200614_072956.jpg
    Halfway through the first carb.

Back on the bike and they feel more responsive than before. I will have to wait till after work to see how they work...

One down side is that I noticed oil leaking from the push rod tubes and oil consumption has increased... might be time for the 250,000km engine birthday service:(
    EVLED, Box'a'bits and Night Falcon like this.
  12. dazzadm

dazzadm Long timer

Oddometer:
    Went out for a great ride today, with some great blokes 20200621_104050.jpg 20200621_104107.jpg
  13. dazzadm

dazzadm Long timer

Oddometer:
    The carbs were responding wonderfully after their rebuild. I had a problem with one float valve leaking, but a little adjustment of the float seems to have fixed that.
  14. bigboynasty

bigboynasty Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Where’s Burma hill and how do we get to it.
  15. EVLED

Oddometer:
  16. dazzadm

dazzadm Long timer

Oddometer:
    EVLED likes this.
  17. dazzadm

dazzadm Long timer

Oddometer:
    Burma hill is at the northern end of Mangamahu Road. It's a nice steep hill climb of gravel, that can get fairly messy in a bad winter. So far, this winter has not been bad and the road is in good condition.
  18. EVLED

Oddometer:
    Yeah, mint at the moment. I've been over when there's been several inches of muck to swim through.
    dazzadm likes this.
  19. dazzadm

dazzadm Long timer

Oddometer:
    I upgraded the front brakeline as the YZ line had the wrong fitting at the top and made it awkward to mount with the line rising upward from the master cylinder. And it appears it may not have been dot approved.
    The new one is dot approved and mounts with a 90 degree bend. You select which fittings you need with the hose. 20200721_164550.jpg
    The bottom of the line now fits into the original mount and I can use the protective cover again.
    20200721_164602.jpg
    It has certainly tidied up the handle bar area. It has also made a difference in the performance of the brake. A lot more sensitive than before. I guess the old line had a bit of flex in it, which had been a vast improvement on the original line... another upgrade, yay:clap
  20. Phreaky Phil

Phreaky Phil Long timer

Oddometer:
    What brake line is it. ? From Eurobike ?