1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Riverina riders

Discussion in 'Australia' started by tripodtiger, Feb 6, 2009.

1. Paul124ac

Paul124ac Long timer

Oddometer:
    A6F70EAE-2EE5-4B55-9D20-47EB06FE230A.jpeg
    tripodtiger likes this.
  2. UncleGra

UncleGra Road Grime

Oddometer:
    I'm still in my beanie.
  3. tripodtiger

tripodtiger Off riding around on bitumen circles.

Oddometer:
    looking for a smaller house & bigger shed.
    Playing with the pom pom on top of the head?

So R9T Scrambler, eh. Got a man bun?:amazon

R9T Sport or whatever, in the R90S orange and silver does look fantastic. Not available here. S'pose you could lash out for the parts from EU or have one painted.
    The Scrambler seems like a common sense option from that range, especially these days. Other common sense bikes - Suzuki GS500. Kawa 650, Yamaha MT07, Honda CB500. You do pay a premium for common sense with a healthy dose of modern style.

What does it do that the GS doesn't?
    Compared against Triumph 900 Scrambler (is that still a model?), Yamaha XSR900 (I do like most of the look of them. Some bits are very odd though. I think I mostly like the 3 cylinder engine).

Talking about 3 cylinders. Having a tea whilst I try and work out how the steering head nuts & covers go on the Tiger correctly. Yeah, I've forgotten. Anyway, within an hour, the leading link down tubes may go in.
    I stuffed a seal in the rear end, so that can't be put together until a new one turns up. Maybe the front end will be together this arvo and the engine will be resting on a stack of timber. There is a bit of progress - Headlights for the sidecar are to go in once the painting is done. Need a primer for over the fibreglass and body filler.
  4. fayeslane

fayeslane Rankest of amateurs

Oddometer:
    [QUOTE="tripodtiger, post: 41007240, member: 23766" Yamaha XSR900 (I do like most of the look of them. Some bits are very odd though. I think I mostly like the 3 cylinder engine).
    [/QUOTE]

XSR900 are an interesting thing but don't have enough fuel range. FZ1 is a model I keep looking at, didn't know they existed until recently. Have you ridden one @Trimybike?
  5. UncleGra

UncleGra Road Grime

Oddometer:
    Headlights for the sidecar are to go in once the painting is done. Need a primer for over the fibreglass and body filler.

Will I be allowed back in it..I'll wear my fluffy slippers..
  6. Paul124ac

Paul124ac Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey Triplelayercake, mate next door is a pro-painter and recommended this for ‘glass-

https://www.dulux.com.au/specifier/products/731

I’ve done a couple of floaty things with it, and the top coat as well. Sprays really nice and sticks to everything. If you know a painter you can get it at around half the price bloody Dulux will sell it to a numpty off the street for.
  7. BergDonk

BergDonk Old Enough to Know Better

Oddometer:
    XSR900 are an interesting thing but don't have enough fuel range. FZ1 is a model I keep looking at, didn't know they existed until recently. Have you ridden one @Trimybike?[/QUOTE]

I know where there's an FZ1 dirt tracker. Looks dangerous to me, but apparently good fun.
    fayeslane likes this.
  8. tripodtiger

Oddometer:
    Take 2.

I think the most modern bike I've ridden may be Troy's KLR. OK, the newest bike? The most recently produced? I can't recall riding anything more modern than the green Tiger, which was an '05.

There was an FZ1n 'Arbath' for sale in Melbourne recently. It was a replica. The Arbarth is an EU model, tricked up to celebrate Yamaha / Fiat in MGP. Currently they have an XSR900 Arbarth over there. The FZ1 in Melbourne was on for $7500. Had a few tricky bits but missed out on some too. Looked like it may be a good price.

The FZ1 sidecar, in 'merica a few years ago, spent more times sideways that it was facing the front. In the video anyway. Lots of HP but would it make enough Nm to be practical as an outfit?

'Dangerous' is everything we do, Donks. At least according to the powers that be etc. I'm thinking the CR250 Grom and RZ350 Vespa / Lambretta are pretty high on the list of 'dangerous'.

Thanks for the suggestion of the Dulux, Paul. I only need to cover about 0.5 m sq. It's not pretty in the nose cone, just flat black painted fibreglass. Never intended to have a gel coat finish, as it will just get knocked around. If you read between the lines of Unc's comment, you may appreciate that it's ok as it is.
    Some thing cheap and easy from Repco will do the job ok. I've got flat black stone guard to brush on as the finish.

Unc, you can wear fluffy slippers whenever and wherever you choose. You may find others point and mock but, you just stand strong. You can jump in the sidecar, take it for a derby, any time Dan lets you out. No drama. Bit more time on it may be a good thing - encourage you to get one yourself. Kata 525, EML frame. $25-30k should do it. Ready to Race!
  9. tripodtiger

Oddometer:
    Any interest in going for a ride this coming weekend?

Don't care where, really. Camping or a pub.

It's been so long I can't think where to go or what I need to take.
  10. Paul124ac

Paul124ac Long timer

Oddometer:
    Heading off to Bairnsdale, looks like it’s gunna rain but. Just need to get away for a weekend but we ended up having to book an Airbnb, Blue Duck, Little River, Orbost and Yarram pubs weren’t open for accom.
  11. tripodtiger

Oddometer:
    S'pose the issue with pub accommodation is, at least partially, the cleaning. Then there are the unknown people in rooms - for those that get lucky at least.

Anyway, I've just been informed we have a visitor this weekend. So, I'm not guaranteed unless I choose to be free.
  12. trokel

trokel Vinduro - Old dirtbikes are more fun

Oddometer:
    I'm out. Working again this weekend but do have a 4 day weekend coming up starting on 31st of this month.
    tripodtiger likes this.
  13. tripodtiger

Oddometer:
    Maybe not this weekend eh. Bit longer notice is generally required.

Troy is one that has to juggle rosters / family. So is Dobbo. It would be pretty enjoyable to get as many heads out together as possible, I reckon.
    Anyone else able to do the last weekend of October? I can.

I'm still waiting for Unc reply or ring me. He's suggested Wanganella (between Deni & Hay).

One of the issues is that the Victorians have to stay inside the border bubble AND, we that live north of the bubble can't go into Victoria without being expected to quarantine for 14 days when we leave the bubble.

I can do a scrutineering seminar on Sunday, if I stay home. I don't know when I can get to do another.
    trokel likes this.
  14. trokel

trokel Vinduro - Old dirtbikes are more fun

Oddometer:
    I have never been there but after a quick google search it doesn't look too bad.
    Store is licensed so that is handy, would just need to confirm opening hours. I assume there are some good dirt routes?
  15. UncleGra

UncleGra Road Grime

Oddometer:
    I rang the P.O. yesty to check on things, the shop lady said the camp ground on the creek has been closed since March (covid ) and re-opening is anybodies guess.
    The caravan park across the bridge is open and a key is available from the P.O.
    I've camped on the creek before..not a bad spot and likely a fish or 2.
    I'll dig out a coupla pics.
  16. UncleGra

UncleGra Road Grime

Oddometer:
  17. UncleGra

UncleGra Road Grime

Oddometer:
  18. dnardy

dnardy Less work more bike.

Oddometer:
    I've been shooting around there, good camping and fishing.
    @UncleGra that is a sexy 701.
  19. UncleGra

UncleGra Road Grime

Oddometer:
  20. dunc

dunc Coddiwompler

Oddometer:
    lankeys creek school 1912.jpg

lankeys creek school 1912

a pic i found searching for some info down that area
    zzzak and BergDonk like this.